• Saturday: 8:00am - 5:00pm
    • Sunday: 9:00am - 3:00pm
    Admission
    General: $6.00
    Children 12 & under: Free w/Adult
    Description
    The largest show in Northern Indiana.
    Buy - Sell - Trade
    The Valparaiso Gun & Knife Show will be held on Feb 17th-18th, 2024 in Valparaiso, IN. This Valparaiso gun show is held at Porter County Expo-Center and hosted by Dunes Rifle and Pistol Club. All federal and local firearm laws and ordinances must be obeyed.

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    Dlawson28 and I are going to the show on Saturday morning. Then to the INGO meet & eat that afternoon.

Are there any good local gun shops in the area?

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Dlawson28 and I are going to the show on Saturday morning. Then to the INGO meet & eat that afternoon.

Good is open to interpretation.

There are two in Valpo

And a smaller one in Kouts

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart

sapper83

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 26, 2024
    Valparaiso
    I literally live right down the road from the expo center and have never gone to a show. Is it worth it?

I have heard it is just overpriced vendors amd no personal sales are aloud to happen?

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    I have heard it is just overpriced vendors amd no personal sales are aloud to happen?
    Gotta love rumors. Plenty of personal sales go on there but the actual vendors that have ffls probably outweighs the private sellers.

It's a decent show and I go to both of them each year. Never left one empty handed

sapper83

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 26, 2024
    Valparaiso
    Gotta love rumors. Plenty of personal sales go on there but the actual vendors that have ffls probably outweighs the private sellers.

It's a decent show and I go to both of them each year. Never left one empty handed
    Thanks. We will definitely have to go check it out.

92FSTech

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 24, 2020
    North Central

A buddy and I made the trip over to the Kouts shop a couple of years ago. It's a decent little shop, but my buddy was looking for something specific and they didn't have it (Blackhawk in .41 Magnum, IIRC). We ended up stopping at 2 Bear Arms on the way home and they had one and he bought it. Could have saved us the trip, lol....but it is a nice little shop and I'd stop in again if I was in the area.

kaveman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Sep 13, 2014
    La Porte
    Valpo is one of my favorite shows and I've been to shows all over the country. I usually find something I can't live without, and often enough from one of the dealers. Like any show nowadays, 99% of items are priced through the roof but it's my job to uncover the 1% that are not. Don't mean to brag but I think the last three Valpo shows have paid me $1000 each just for spending an hour of my time finding things that were priced right.

But I've given up trying to combine the show with a trip to any local shop. I really miss the 'old' Blythes. What they're doing now doesn't cut it. I was in there a week or two back and I swear I have more in my hall closet than they have in that cavernous store.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    But I've given up trying to combine the show with a trip to any local shop. I really miss the 'old' Blythes. What they're doing now doesn't cut it. I was in there a week or two back and I swear I have more in my hall closet than they have in that cavernous store.
    That was my impression the last couple of times I stopped in there as well. I thought maybe they were remodeling or something.

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    76   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    I used to love setting up for this show! I was always in the foyer between the 2 rooms. Second set of dealers on the left by the exit. I usually had 3 or 4 tables. I sold Glock parts, holsters and tactical knives plus a Perazzi or 2.

kaveman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Sep 13, 2014
    La Porte
    I set up there a few times too at the far end of the hall with tables facing towards the main room. Loved that location but that was 25, maybe 30yrs ago. Last time had to have been '99/'00 time frame. I'm sure I missed some eyeballs due to some folks not even knowing there was a back room, but the eyeballs I got I got both coming and going not to mention anyone who wanted food,.....or wanted to 'go'. The bathrooms are back there too.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    florez30
    Top Bottom