• d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Do they sell on a daily? They have a store?
    I'm not sure where they're from. Only have seen them at the gun shows. He's an old timer. Bought some of their reloads in the past too. Zero issues

Quick Google says out of Silver Lake, Indiana but don't see a website or anything for them

sapper83

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 26, 2024
    Valparaiso
    I'm not sure where they're from. Only have seen them at the gun shows. He's an old timer. Bought some of their reloads in the past too. Zero issues

Quick Google says out of Silver Lake, Indiana but don't see a website or anything for them
    Hopefully i will see them t the CP show i need 3k primers

bowhunter911

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2024
    La Crosse Indiana
    A buddy and I made the trip over to the Kouts shop a couple of years ago. It's a decent little shop, but my buddy was looking for something specific and they didn't have it (Blackhawk in .41 Magnum, IIRC). We ended up stopping at 2 Bear Arms on the way home and they had one and he bought it. Could have saved us the trip, lol....but it is a nice little shop and I'd stop in again if I was in the area.
    gauntlet in kouts is my "go to" shop. John is a real good guy to deal with.

bowhunter911

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2024
    La Crosse Indiana
    so did anyone buy anything cool at this show? show and tell time. i didnt realize the show was today or i may have went, i only found out it was a holiday today when i noticed my mail never went :)

bowhunter911

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2024
    La Crosse Indiana
    Man i so miss fetlas! They used to have the oddest stuff like night vision goggles or crates of m1s
    that was my favorite store to go to when i was a kid, they had chinese throwing stars for $0.99. Emmit that used to work there would always follow me around like i was going to steal something, or he just didnt like kids in the store.

Airtevron1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Sep 10, 2019
    IN
    That was my experience as well. There were guys asking more for used Taurus revolvers than ZX was asking for new ones a few tables over. Another guy had a basic P220 that he wanted $1000 for ($1400 if you wanted the .22 conversion kit with it)...the table right across the aisle had one for $700. Neither sold by the time I left at 3:30 Sunday.

One guy had a couple of M&P 2.0 10mms that he had priced at $1000. MSRP is $669. And you could spend $2000 on S&W revolvers all over the place. I was looking for some specific things (nothing super weird....a couple of Sig models and a 9mm PX4 compact) but nobody had them, which is probably for the best because I'd have just been angry about the prices that I'd have refused to pay.

A couple of the bigger dealers had fair pricing if they had what you were looking for, but the majority of the smaller vendors were smoking crack. By the time we left I was mad that I spent 3 hours driving and $12 admission for me and my son.
    I feel validated LOL. I was mad too, I get insulted when they try to gouge like this. I dont imagine their IQ is reaching top region as it takes a ton of time, money and energy to haul in all this scrap iron just to sit, some dozing off, and have to load it all up again after not selling anything.

But that seems to be the market in general in Valpo. As they say, a fool and their money...

Airtevron1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Sep 10, 2019
    IN
    There was one vendor that had some interesting comments about my shirt! I didnt bite on his trap with his racist neo-nazti rebel flag tattooed white trash persona! Lol

I had a sweat shirt that had 4 famous native americans on it, infront of mount rush more that says "the original founding fathers."

Guy went all hitler talk on me! About the Iberian peninsula and other people were here first. :nuts:Bet he smoked a huge rock of meth right before he set up his booth! And if your in here as a member, owell!

I just replied nations are meant to be conquered and everyone has lost at some point but the US yet.
    Ya, to me so many of the unwashed flea infested looking vendors do do the gun community any favors. I caught more than wave of obvious need for some SOAP while walking around.

LtScott14

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Porter County
    that was my favorite store to go to when i was a kid, they had chinese throwing stars for $0.99. Emmit that used to work there would always follow me around like i was going to steal something, or he just didnt like kids in the store.
    That was a blast to visit! Yes I remember Emmet! I loved to walk around and look at all the longguns hanging overhead, and glass cases over flowing with handguns. They did have wooden crates of bayonets, old 303 British Surplus rifles, SKS rifles were $89. I bought many holsters for $10 or less. Never saw it, but story was they kept a bear in a cage. I do recall the gun guys shooting guns outside too.Old days yes. My Dad took me there in the 70's. Sorry they are gone, but not forgotten.

Top Bottom