• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.7%
    43   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    Just FYI copper customs is a overpriced hipster joint. Filled with valor thiefs.
    You are gonna have to explain that? Did they not make you a good deal on something you had your eye on? I've bought a handful of guns there and they always knocked money off for a cash offer. I know they are not everyone's cup of tea, but Valor Theives... I think not. Unless you are talking the customers.

sapper83

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 26, 2024
    Valparaiso
    Les Blythe owned the Valpo Blythes. And Les didn't own a ranch last I knew.
    His brother owned the Griffith one.
    Les's son David Blythe and Tim from Military Arms Channel own Copper Customs as a completely separate entity from Blythes in Valpo. They started in the shop renting out space in the back.

Blythes in Valpo got sold to some investment company back in 2015 or 2016.
    Interesting info. Mike blythe owns the ranch next to me. No clue if he was involved in the gun stores. I just seen the sign.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Show was packed when I got there. 30 minute line to get Inside. Found a couple "deals" and spent more than I was anticipating.

Picked up a Mossberg patriot in 450 bushmaster with scope and hard case, stripped ar lower, brick of 22lr, cci srp, some targets, and as always some Zicks.

sapper83

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 26, 2024
    Valparaiso
    You are gonna have to explain that? Did they not make you a good deal on something you had your eye on? I've bought a handful of guns there and they always knocked money off for a cash offer. I know they are not everyone's cup of tea, but Valor Theives... I think not. Unless you are talking the customers.
    Well for one a guy claimed he was in the unit i was in, in Iraq, in 2003 to 2004! 3RD ID. The guy was behind the counter so i would say he worked there! I overheard the convo, and it was total BS kid didn't even look old enough!

But several guns we wanted to purchase were over priced. My wife later purchased two pistols and when she told me the price My jaw hit the floor! They took advantage and i was mad she didnt consult me first.

650 for used CZp10c at the time go for 500

450 for walther pps 9mm which was 350ish at the time
    Show was packed when I got there. 30 minute line to get Inside. Found a couple "deals" and spent more than I was anticipating.

Picked up a Mossberg patriot in 450 bushmaster with scope and hard case, stripped ar lower, brick of 22lr, cci srp, some targets, and as always some Zicks.
    Definalty packed! I got the wife an LCP for 219.99 most were 275 to 450 ish! I myself met a great guy Lance from chesterton that has insane prices on reloading supplies! Picked up 556 cases with primers for .14 cents a case.

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.9%
    88   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    Hey people... don't forget to come to the back room and support the VFW. Get a ticket from me for a Harley Davidson.
    We also have raffles going on for a CPM Expert Grade M1 Garand, and one for 500 rds of 5.56 ammo.

Bike Raffle poster.jpg

92FSTech

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 24, 2020
    North Central
    Shook my head at the prices the whole time. Saw a LCP for 425.00
    That was my experience as well. There were guys asking more for used Taurus revolvers than ZX was asking for new ones a few tables over. Another guy had a basic P220 that he wanted $1000 for ($1400 if you wanted the .22 conversion kit with it)...the table right across the aisle had one for $700. Neither sold by the time I left at 3:30 Sunday.

One guy had a couple of M&P 2.0 10mms that he had priced at $1000. MSRP is $669. And you could spend $2000 on S&W revolvers all over the place. I was looking for some specific things (nothing super weird....a couple of Sig models and a 9mm PX4 compact) but nobody had them, which is probably for the best because I'd have just been angry about the prices that I'd have refused to pay.

A couple of the bigger dealers had fair pricing if they had what you were looking for, but the majority of the smaller vendors were smoking crack. By the time we left I was mad that I spent 3 hours driving and $12 admission for me and my son.

gassprint1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 15, 2015
    NWI
    That was my experience as well. There were guys asking more for used Taurus revolvers than ZX was asking for new ones a few tables over. Another guy had a basic P220 that he wanted $1000 for ($1400 if you wanted the .22 conversion kit with it)...the table right across the aisle had one for $700. Neither sold by the time I left at 3:30 Sunday.

One guy had a couple of M&P 2.0 10mms that he had priced at $1000. MSRP is $669. And you could spend $2000 on S&W revolvers all over the place. I was looking for some specific things (nothing super weird....a couple of Sig models and a 9mm PX4 compact) but nobody had them, which is probably for the best because I'd have just been angry about the prices that I'd have refused to pay.

A couple of the bigger dealers had fair pricing if they had what you were looking for, but the majority of the smaller vendors were smoking crack. By the time we left I was mad that I spent 3 hours driving and $12 admission for me and my son.
    Exactly why i didn't go. Didn't have money to buy anything, so i wasn't wasting money to get in. I got tired of seeing 1 or 2 guys selling a box of mini mags or such for $30 or more. Unreal how stupid people are to contribute to a price gouging problem. Gunbroker isn't any better on pricing either.

sapper83

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 26, 2024
    Valparaiso
    There was one vendor that had some interesting comments about my shirt! I didnt bite on his trap with his racist neo-nazti rebel flag tattooed white trash persona! Lol

I had a sweat shirt that had 4 famous native americans on it, infront of mount rush more that says "the original founding fathers."

Guy went all hitler talk on me! About the Iberian peninsula and other people were here first. :nuts:Bet he smoked a huge rock of meth right before he set up his booth! And if your in here as a member, owell!

I just replied nations are meant to be conquered and everyone has lost at some point but the US yet.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    I believe a lot are hoping for the uneducated.

The mossberg patriot I bought the guy had $650 on it. Came with a bushnell prime scope. Rifle looked unfired. Scope worth about $200. Rifle worth about $350. So $550 total. Offered him $450 & he wouldn't take it. No biggie. Walked the show some more and when I came back around he asked if I'd go $500. Told him was pretty firm on the $450. He threw in a brand new Plano hard case and I ended up giving him $470 for the package.

Don't know how much they're willing to drop unless you ask

Brick of Norma eco speed 22lr for $25

Stripped Sota arms ar lower $60

Cci #41 primers $70 per 1k (good deal for the times on these, going for $110 online plus hazmat, shipping and tax)

Targets 50 for $8

Deals are there but alot depends on what you're looking for.

Yes, tons of overpriced crap as well

sapper83

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 26, 2024
    Valparaiso
    I believe a lot are hoping for the uneducated.

The mossberg patriot I bought the guy had $650 on it. Came with a bushnell prime scope. Rifle looked unfired. Scope worth about $200. Rifle worth about $350. So $550 total. Offered him $450 & he wouldn't take it. No biggie. Walked the show some more and when I came back around he asked if I'd go $500. Told him was pretty firm on the $450. He threw in a brand new Plano hard case and I ended up giving him $470 for the package.

Don't know how much they're willing to drop unless you ask

Brick of Norma eco speed 22lr for $25

Stripped Sota arms ar lower $60

Cci #41 primers $70 per 1k (good deal for the times on these, going for $110 online plus hazmat, shipping and tax)

Targets 50 for $8

Deals are there but alot depends on what you're looking for.

Yes, tons of overpriced crap as well
    Dang good price on the cci 41 i caught them on sale online for 95 a 1000 and hasmat fee like you said. I looked for them and didnt see them anywhere

Top Bottom