• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Judamonster

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 19, 2022
    I do like to go to Blythe's once or twice a year. They usually have a clearance table with some really good deals. Its usually stuff they find in a box in a back corner of a store room. Last time I found a barrel for a Remington 1100 with a 3" chamber for $50. Otherwise they are overpriced and empty-almost sad.

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    I do like to go to Blythe's once or twice a year. They usually have a clearance table with some really good deals. Its usually stuff they find in a box in a back corner of a store room. Last time I found a barrel for a Remington 1100 with a 3" chamber for $50. Otherwise they are overpriced and empty-almost sad.
    The clearence table is usually my favorite part of a gun shop. I'm always working on different projects that odds-n-ends can be useful.

sapper83

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 26, 2024
    Valparaiso
    I havent stepped foot in blythes forgot all about it. But yes they are way over priced.

Airtevron1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Sep 10, 2019
    IN
    Valpo is one of my favorite shows and I've been to shows all over the country. I usually find something I can't live without, and often enough from one of the dealers. Like any show nowadays, 99% of items are priced through the roof but it's my job to uncover the 1% that are not. Don't mean to brag but I think the last three Valpo shows have paid me $1000 each just for spending an hour of my time finding things that were priced right.

But I've given up trying to combine the show with a trip to any local shop. I really miss the 'old' Blythes. What they're doing now doesn't cut it. I was in there a week or two back and I swear I have more in my hall closet than they have in that cavernous store.
    This. Havent been in there for years but I climbed the stairs a few weeks ago. Wow, looks like going out of business not on sale. The wall was almost empty and almost no long guns.

Was eyeballing a Beretta and the kid with rancid breath wouldnt shut up about how sexy he thought it was, even $100.00 over any other overpriced gun in the area. There cant be enough 1st time buys to keep them in business, just dont get it.

There is no reasonably priced gun shop in Valpo, never has been. Thats why I dont drink the support LGS coolaid around here, there are all insulting.

sapper83

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 26, 2024
    Valparaiso
    Should be a good show.. I’ve got 2 tables this year. I’ll have a lot a nice vintage

This. Havent been in there for years but I climbed the stairs a few weeks ago. Wow, looks like going out of business not on sale. The wall was almost empty and almost no long guns.

Was eyeballing a Beretta and the kid with rancid breath wouldnt shut up about how sexy he thought it was, even $100.00 over any other overpriced gun in the area. There cant be enough 1st time buys to keep them in business, just dont get it.

There is no reasonably priced gun shop in Valpo, never has been. Thats why I dont drink the support LGS coolaid around here, there are all insulting.
    Only one that is somewhat resonable, but you have to establish a repertoire with is 219. The guy that owns blythes is making money somehow! He owns a HUGE horse ranch down the road from me.

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.7%
    43   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    Les Blythe owned the Valpo Blythes. And Les didn't own a ranch last I knew.
    His brother owned the Griffith one.
    Les's son David Blythe and Tim from Military Arms Channel own Copper Customs as a completely separate entity from Blythes in Valpo. They started in the shop renting out space in the back.

Blythes in Valpo got sold to some investment company back in 2015 or 2016.

Top Bottom