• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    But I have one question not regarding the shooting. The officer who's dashcam caught it, on the way there he was manually swinging his spot light back and forth. Is that common? Taught? I've never seen anything like it so I'm wondering.
    That is old school intersection clearing, I noticed it right way. I used to do it, not so much anymore.

eatsnopaste

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    South Bend
    I am confused, and I saw this in the dash cam when the police officer ran into the guy with his squad car in Florida I believe...why does an officer (not the ranking guy as far as I know) get to the scene several minutes after everyone else, then proceed to run someone over or start shooting, as this guy did? If I show up after several of my colleagues have been working a problem, I usually ask a few questions and observe until i jump in and start "fixing" something.

Last edited:

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    That is old school intersection clearing, I noticed it right way. I used to do it, not so much anymore.

I still do, with a slick top the extra light helps move traffic.

Thank you both, just something I have never seen. I noticed the light going back and forth right away, but took me a minute to realize it was the spot light. I thought it was just a funky flashing light. ETA I'm sure it came in handy before the cars looked like a UFO coming in for a landing.

You mean you don't get on the PA and yell "Get the **** outta the way!?"

People can't hear that over the loud music.

Last edited:

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    CPD might be having training issues.

You have no idea.

They can't even do corruption right. When I lived up there CPD always tried to shake us down in the middle of the sidewalk in the middle of the frickin' day in front of God and everyone.

Ah, CPD. Takes me back.:D

Top Bottom