• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    You could easily make the case that the officers committed a felony. Terroristic threatening is a felony in Ohio.
    Lawriter - ORC - 2909.23 Making terroristic threat.

Assault? maybe it's a stretch... thrown up against the car only after hearing about the gun...I think it classifies as a "hate" crime! The Officers obviously hate legal, gun carrying citizens.

Firstly, they falsely arrested the guy on the grounds of failure to notify even though the cops weren't allowing him to notify.

The big one would be Excessive Use of Force, which includes psychological intimidation, according to that discussion.

Possibly some sort of intimidation charge for threatening to shoot/kill the guy?

ETA: Some schitzo in Ohio was arrested for calling a radio station and threatening a sheriff. How is this any different?

Ohio Man Arrested after Threatening Athens County Sheriff's Life

Thanks for the responses guys! Like I said, I wasn't challenging or trying to be a smart arse about it...just curious is all. Looks like it would be a stretch, but not that big of one to say that these officers did commit some crimes that would result in some jail time for a civilian.

GuyRelford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    Zionsville
    That was pretty shocking. The "I should have executed you" rant was unbelievable. "'Roid rage" maybe? I think that guy's in the wrong line of work.

Having said that, it concerns me a bit that the driver never informed the LEO about his gun the whole time they were searching the vehicle. It's true that the one officer kept interrupting him once he tried to inform, but there sure seemed to be a lot of earlier opportunities - particularly when there was an officer crawling around in the back seat. The narration says the he was "prohibited from speaking" during the search, but I never heard that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kassP7zI0qc

Last edited:

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    The cop acted like the gun was pulled on him.

I agree with TFT. He had opportunity to notify when the other cop was crawling around his back seat. In the video caption, he said it "could've gone badly for him" if he'd have notified when the cop was crawling around in the car, but that one's pretty subjective.

Thing is, if they uphold his failure to notify charge, he probably won't get anything from the cop for the threats, since all things are permissible in the name of "officer safety". He violated the cop's safety feelings.

Oh, and contrary to the cop's threats, failure to notify is a misdemeanor in Ohio, not a felony.

Jack Burton

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    NWI
    there is one aspect that is abundantly clear. If this cop manages to hold onto his job and is ever involved in a shooting incident -- he's handed any lawyer within 100 miles who wants to hang him a Christmas box wrapped with a bow and filled with cookies. Criminal... civil... it doesn't make a difference.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    "As soon as I saw the gun on your ass I should have taken two steps
    back, drawn my glock 40, put 10 bullets in your ass and watched you drop."

"I wouldn't have lost any sleep over it."

"and he would have been a nice witness as I executed you because you are stupid."

UN FUNKING BELIEVEABLE!

Wonder if gung-ho has even been involved in a police action shooting?
    He better quit or get fired over this before he does.
    The city will be paying millions in the lawsuit when they lose.

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Where can i get my hands on a "Glock 40". I used to own a Glock 17, but a 40 sounds intriguing.

Or.... maybe this is how all MORON cops (not all cops) refer to their guns.

Like the Glock Fotay guy.

.452browning

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    "As soon as I saw the gun on your ass I should have taken two steps
    back, drawn my glock 40, put 10 bullets in your ass and watched you drop."

"I wouldn't have lost any sleep over it."

"and he would have been a nice witness as I executed you because you are stupid."

UN FUNKING BELIEVEABLE!

Wonder if gung-ho has even been involved in a police action shooting?
    He better quit or get fired over this before he does.
    The city will be paying millions in the lawsuit when they lose.

I'm by no means and expert, but shouldn't this be considered intimidation with lethal force or something like that:dunno:. If a normal person was overheard saying this to another person I'm pretty sure they would get tossed around a little and taken straight to lockup

cordex

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 24, 2008
    That cop acts like the guy just killed a dozen orphans and was getting ready to eat their corpses or something.

The driver made a few mistakes (chatting up hookers in the middle of the night, failing to inform the cop who was tossing the back seat, etc) but nothing that I saw worth more than a verbal correction. Threatening murder and future abuses may have been going a little far.

That officer should probably seek employment in another field.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I'm not saying the driver of the car should have been where he was. I'm not defending him for his apparent attempt to pick up a prostitute???

But this officer is totally out of his mind. Both officers used very poor tactics and if they are still employed need to be re-trained. The main officer in the video should be terminated. JMO

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I am so tired of hearing the "officer safety" claim as an excuse for this crap. Even this piece of garbage cop pulls that lame line on this guy. "This is how cops get killed!" No, Officer Jackwagon, YOU'RE how cops get killed. I'm sorry that you feel your job is too dangerous. Maybe you should open a bakery instead, as you're obviously too much of a coward to do your job like a professional. :xmad:

Top Bottom