Waco TV mini Series.....Anyone else watching???

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    I thought he was WS?

I'm not a fan of any supremacist groups, color be damned. And you wouldn't find me in an Adventist house of worship. But it certainly doesn't mean that the FBI or ATF have a right to tell them how to live or believe. Waco could have and SHOULD have been handled peacefully with no show of force.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I'm not a fan of any supremacist groups, color be damned. And you wouldn't find me in an Adventist house of worship. But it certainly doesn't mean that the FBI or ATF have a right to tell them how to live or believe. Waco could have and SHOULD have been handled peacefully with no show of force.

Winner winner chicken dinner.
    And it also led to the Oklahoma city bombing. I watched that live too.
    I still believe McVeigh and Nichols (****bags) worked for the feds

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    My wife isn't very political and doesn't follow the news that closely. However, this show really pissed her off.

She now believes me when I say you never talk to anyone with a badge. They are professional inquisitors. Get a professional on your side before you say anything.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I don't see any rationale that puts Finnicum in the same arena, let alone the same list, as the Branch Davidians or Randy Weaver's family.

Finnicum set out to achieve a goal and did.

There's a chasm between that and the other 2 situations.

You are certainly entitled to any belief that lets you sleep at night

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

The same is most certainly true of Ruby Ridge and Malheur. Not arguing who's guilty of what, just saying men were killed for reasons other than they had to be, by authorities adopting methods that made such an outcome infinitely more likely.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

Me neither...I remember telling my dad, "Isn't he some sort of White Separatist (That's what my WS was for) or something?"

I'll never forget his answer...

"Ain't no law against being an A$$ Hole and you sure don't kill someone over being one..Never mind his, son, dog, and wife...."

Last edited:

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I am shocked you have not visited your wife's homeland. Is there a link to the GoFundMe site?

It's tough with our daughters autism...They speak VERY, VERY, LOUD down there....And all at once, and in a language she doesn't understand..Sensory overload but she is getting better so in a few years we may go together....They are in Sante Fe in dove and duck country...

Last edited:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Mea culpa. I had failed to consider that. I have a tendency to gloss over the challenges of getting to a place in favor of imagining the beauty I will enjoy once I am there

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mea culpa. I had failed to consider that. I have a tendency to gloss over the challenges of getting to a place in favor of imagining the beauty I will enjoy once I am there

Wife goes every two years to visit for two weeks.....Me and the daughter enjoy it because it's hamburgers on the grill every night...Can't do that when Mama's around...:)

And no worries brother..She brings me home a half dozen Gaucho knives, nice holsters, and Cuban cigars...Win-Win!!!!

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    362   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    This was almost pre-internet and I was just getting hard core into shooting. I remember being terribly shocked and also confused as to why non-gun folks weren't worked up over it.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Hey me either on that. That stuff is bull **** and I've stated that many times and have been truthful about it.
    I think the black panthers are the same as AN and if one of their associates had the same thing happen to them I would have treated them the same as Randy Weaver. We need to come together against tyrany not apart

Id have no sympathy for the "new" Black Panthers either. You're right, they're just as bad.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    This was almost pre-internet and I was just getting hard core into shooting. I remember being terribly shocked and also confused as to why non-gun folks weren't worked up over it.

Me as well....I would talk about it to people and they would say, "Well he thought he was Jesus, was molesting kids, making machine guns, and cooking meth..."

The lies and innuendo that were in the press was just awful....That's when Kiesler's put up their "No Video Taping on the premises EVER" sign you see when you go in...Koresh and a couple of other Davidian's had purchased a large lot of guns there. A local channel found out and ambushed Doug...I can't remember the exact way it went down but it was something like, "Did you know he was a child rapist and was going to be making machine guns???? Do you feel responsible?"

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Whoa whoa whoa.

Some people need to use spoiler alerts....

;)

Just kidding.

I was working at the campus computer store when the Davidian compound was set alight. Talking to some apolitical computer geeks. As I recall, it didn't take long for them to realize that it had all sorts of bad implications for freedom.

As a sidenote, I think the hot chip at the time was the 486DX2, while we waited for the Pentium.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    My wife & I got into a big fight over this incident not long ago. Whatever show she was watching portrayed DK as a total nut ball child abusing criminal holding his cult followers for >80 days. I should make her watch this show. After I pre-screen it of course.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I just felt an overwhelming sense of anger when I watched tanks being used on American citizens.

And delta force. Total violation of the constitution at Waco. And ruby ridge too for that matter. The government didn't want it going to court for a reason, they'd lose and be criminal liable

Top Bottom