Waco TV mini Series.....Anyone else watching???

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dugsagun

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    portage
    I met him at the lake county fair grounds show. I bought his book also. I remember thinking at the time who is this little old dude that everyone keeps shaking his hand. That and waco are definitely two incidents that show just how trusting of our government we should be.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Long watch but I learned more about the event in this Cspan Book talk from 1999 than I have in any documentary...A lot of background...This is the book by David Thibadeau that is one of the books the series is based on...

[video=youtube;yfoT6WTA57I]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfoT6WTA57I[/video]

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Wife and I just finished last night...She could only watch one episode a night as it was too distressing...Very well done and I don't know whether anyone noticed but the real David Thibadeau was the heavy set gentleman sitting next to the actor playing Thibadeau before he testified before congress....The real life FBI negotiator was also sitting next to the actor playing him...I would not have recognized Thibadeau due to the weight gain but I had seen him and the FBI negotiator being interviewed on the morning talk shows....

This event changed me politically....I am sure many on here were influenced as well....It's been nice after 25 years to be able to have this discussion in an open light...I am sure many of us remember our friends thinking we were "obsessed" or "conspiracy nuts" during those early years...To see what got us labeled as "kooky" for believing out in the open and accepted as truth is as refreshing as a spring breeze....

I would have been really bummed out if I would not have lived through my health scare two years ago to live to see this day...As always, thank you God for granting me some more years on your Creation....

Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I am two episode in. I did not know anything about Waco as I was still in high school and paid zero attention to the news back then. It is nice to see what really happened.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I am two episode in. I did not know anything about Waco as I was still in high school and paid zero attention to the news back then. It is nice to see what really happened.

This is a well done documentary on the event that came out a few years later Bee...Worth watching..It's on netflix and free on youtube...

[video=youtube;gCX9rUAqpyo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCX9rUAqpyo[/video]

dnurk

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 20, 2012
    Boone County
    I haven’t watched this series but I plan to. One question....I recall the narrative at the time and on most documentaries that came out being that it was Dividians who poured fuel throughout the buildings. Is that part talked about in the miniseries?

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Nope. It pretty much suggests that the CS gas was the ignition source.
    At the end, a radio talk show host listed several (10 or 12 it seemed like) prior incidences where there were standoffs, cs gas was used, the building burned down killing everyone inside.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nope. It pretty much suggests that the CS gas was the ignition source.

I know they had no electricity and were using oil lamps for lighting....The series suggests that when the tanks began knocking holes in the corners of the building a couple of oil lamps got knocked over...With the wind that day and the amount of gas being pumped in it's not hard to see how a fire may have started..

IMHO

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    The grenades from the military probably didn't help either.

Does anyone know if this series is available to be watched anywhere in its entirety? I want my wife to watch it. We have directv, Netflix, amazon prime, Hulu vudu mushu and maybe more gooo that I don't even know about :):

Grogmister

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 13, 2012
    The grenades from the military probably didn't help either.

Does anyone know if this series is available to be watched anywhere in its entirety? I want my wife to watch it. We have directv, Netflix, amazon prime, Hulu vudu mushu and maybe more gooo that I don't even know about :):
    Go to Paramount TV and look. That is the channel that aired it and since you have DirectTV you should be able to watch it on there.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    This is a well done documentary on the event that came out a few years later Bee...Worth watching..It's on netflix and free on youtube...

[video=youtube;gCX9rUAqpyo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCX9rUAqpyo[/video]

This is a good watch. Also shows congressional testimony and talks about how a jury found every single davidian member NOT GUILTY of murdering ATF agents. The federal government were murderers

Top Bottom