Waco TV mini Series.....Anyone else watching???

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TexasRedneck

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2009
    Texas - where else?<G>
    I watched parts of it - couldn't stomach watching it all. Waco is just up the road from me - and when they started the raid, I was furious that our gutless wondergurl of a governor Ann Richards didn't call out state forces to remove federal agents trying to arrest a Texas citizen for an alleged state (NOT federal) crime. The bits and pieces that I DID watch just made me mad all over again.

Anyone that grew up in this area KNOWS the kind of winds that can come up - and that particular day was already pretty windy, ensuring that ANY kind of fire would rapidly spread - and the feds refused to allow fire/rescue access to the scene.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Watching the kids burn in real time was enough for me.
    Me as well...But it's important to remember we have many young folks here on INGO that were too young to remember or were not even born yet....I think the series does a good job of explaining why us older folks think the way we think and are so passionate on the subject.....

As I stated earlier...My wife could only do one episode at a time....It's a tough watch....

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    364   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Between this thread and the Assault Weapons Ban thread, I'm feeling about 15 years younger. WTF, everything old is new again. Guess I'll have to go back to carrying a full size 1911, buying gun magazines at the book store and driving a 1965 Corvair.

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    I watched parts of it - couldn't stomach watching it all. Waco is just up the road from me - and when they started the raid, I was furious that our gutless wondergurl of a governor Ann Richards didn't call out state forces to remove federal agents trying to arrest a Texas citizen for an alleged state (NOT federal) crime. The bits and pieces that I DID watch just made me mad all over again.

Anyone that grew up in this area KNOWS the kind of winds that can come up - and that particular day was already pretty windy, ensuring that ANY kind of fire would rapidly spread - and the feds refused to allow fire/rescue access to the scene.

Richards was too drunk to do anything.

nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    I think it was fairly accurate. David Thibbedou ( survivor) and Gary Noesnor ( FBI negotiator) we're both involved in the project. It did not put a favorable light on the FBI or ATF.

Agreed. There have been a few other Waco shows that I couldn't sit through because of their BS. But this one was good.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    There was one scene when the feebs said something over the radio that obviously wasn't actually happening, I thought of the famous "stop resisting".

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I wouldn't be interested in the series. I was living and working in Texas at the time. The Clinton administration promulgated a memo at the time that profiled potential domestic terrorists. I cannot recall the exact wording (I should have saved a copy) but part of the description was conservative white male, early middle aged, involved with firearms for recreation...When I read it, I looked around my fellow employees and all met the profile. There was little doubt as to how Clinton felt about the average white male and created a hostile attitude in his administration. I do not approve of bigots or those kind of groups. Having said that, ATF was manipulated to manufacture law violations and when their supervisors, who apparently had very little real law enforcement experience (read politicos) saw that this was an opportunity to gain political clout in the Clinton administration, they readily sent young, ill-trained agents to their deaths for the sole purpose of getting a feather in their supervisors' cap. When Janet Reno decided to grace my workplace, I found that I had more pressing matters to attend to.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Pretty accurate CM......It needed to be made 20 years ago....Very accurate and well done...Pretty much "Waco, The Rules of Engagement" dramatized....
    After many decades, the entertainment industry has decided to expose the dark underbelly of the Kennedy clan and Clinton clan. This is only because the entertainment industry doesn't see the "clans" as having political clout any longer and therefore it won't hurt the left's agenda. They also see big bucks generated from viewers of both political spectrums watching the productions (yes always follow the money).

Top Bottom