• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mergatroid

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2018
    INDIANAPOLIS
    Thank you. There is a dedicated campaign out there to portray all gun owners as "murderous psychos". Let's not give them any "ammo". We need to let them see that we're their friends and neighbors... normal folks that just happen to want to be able to defend ourselves against the real bad guys (and exercise our constitutional right to do so). Take away the stigma, and normalize our existence. That should be the goal.

Yes, yes, yes. I have been preaching this for years. Normalize. That is one of the reasons I do open carry on occasion. Normalize!

mergatroid

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2018
    INDIANAPOLIS
    What would stop someone from posting a sign with the exact same wording as the hypothetical sign imagined by the judges to whom you’ve spoken but, in place of “carry any weapon”, a phrase such as “wear a blue shirt”, “talk like a pirate”, “kiss a person of the same sex”, or “be named Denny” were to be inserted?

This has been my thought. And after all, we are talking a Constitutional right being exercised by people who are "LICENSED" by the state to carry. How do they get by discriminating against that?

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I am a 2A advocate (a person who publicly supports or recommends a particular cause or policy.) Activist lite! I OC om purpose and make myself available to anyone who wants to talk.

mergatroid

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2018
    INDIANAPOLIS
    How about come in but don't act gay? Or same sex, (whatever). Walmart could say we are not going to stock ammo, their choice what they sell, but telling me what I can WEAR? That is a bit much.

mergatroid

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2018
    INDIANAPOLIS
    Today is No Open Carry, but don’t kid yourself, they all have Gun Free Zones as their ultimate goal. Think about how many states where signs have force of law instead of a leave the premises or trespass. We are on a slippery slope. Use your dollars and your emails to express your disgust with these companies policies. They are all whores to the dollar bill and if this recent stunt impacts their bottom line they may think twice about going the next step to full Gun Free Zones.

Correct.

mergatroid

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2018
    INDIANAPOLIS
    I recently saw a post on FB encouraging gun owners to go to Walmarts and fill their shopping cart heaping with ice cream and such and abandon them in an isle and leave. Do you find this petty, juvenile?

My idea was to go in and put all the Non-perishable stuff in a cart, take it to the service desk. Leave it there with a copy of the second amendment.

mergatroid

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2018
    INDIANAPOLIS
    Ok, back to the law dog stuff.......

Under the idea of "your store" they can ban open carry of guns. But can they discriminate against legally licensed individuals? Such as Police and LTCH holders? If police can carry and are given the right to do so by the law, why can't others that are given that right????

Just a thought. Fire extinguisher at the ready.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area

Under the idea of "your store" they can ban open carry of guns. But can they discriminate against legally licensed individuals? Such as Police and LTCH holders? If police can carry and are given the right to do so by the law, why can't others that are given that right????

I see both sides as well. Ive seen stores even tell off duty (and even a few idiot managers tell ON duty) cops to leave because they were armed. Its their store, their rules.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    On a related note, what idiotic state out west passed the UBC at the state level and measured it at "posession" not "ownership" so that if you wanted to loan a firearm, or even let somebody shoot it at the range it would require a 4473 because the gun was actually changing hands and therefore was considered a transfer? And dont even think letting a minor shoot it.

Or am I imagining that? (Please say it was just a bad dream?)

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan

A private business can certainly prohibit an officer (not on official police business) or any LTCH on their property. The law only supports LE while on official business. Walmart didn't say DO NOT CARRY, they stated they prefer that you not OC. It sounds more like a compromise between 2 political stances.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Exactly. let me Denny that for you.

com·pro·mise

/ˈkämprəˌmīz/

noun

[STRIKE]
    • an agreement or a settlement of a dispute that is reached by each side making concessions
    [/STRIKE]
      [STRIKE]"an ability to listen to two sides in a dispute, and devise a compromise acceptable to both"[/STRIKE]
      synonyms:agreement, understanding, settlement, terms, accommodation;
      verb

[STRIKE]settle a dispute by mutual concession.[/STRIKE][STRIKE]
    • "in the end we compromised and deferred the issue"[/STRIKE]
      synonyms:meet each other halfway, find the middle ground, come to terms, come to an understanding, make a deal, make concessions, find a happy medium, strike a balance;
      [STRIKE]accept standards that are lower than is desirable.
      "we were not prepared to compromise on safety"[/STRIKE]
    • 3 We lose something they lose nothing but gain by our loss.
    "in the end is where we got it"

• synonyms: F******, totally F*****

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN

noun

• synonyms:agreement, understanding, settlement, terms, accommodation;
      verb

• synonyms:meet each other halfway, find the middle ground, come to terms, come to an understanding, make a deal, make concessions, find a happy medium, strike a balance;

Mr Thesaurus

How does “prefer” you not open carry compare to “banned” from open carry?

Top Bottom