• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

This should be in the Insane Justice Thread. Breitbart is supposed to be "conservative" right? Looking at the comments people seem to be perfectly fine to force a private entity to do as they (the mob) wishes, vs the company's own wishes. Anybody that supports this should, by default, support forcing those bakers bake the gay cake they didn't want to make.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    This should be in the Insane Justice Thread. Breitbart is supposed to be "conservative" right? Looking at the comments people seem to be perfectly fine to force a private entity to do as they (the mob) wishes, vs the company's own wishes. Anybody that supports this should, by default, support forcing those bakers bake the gay cake they didn't want to make.

They bring it on themselves. They created this environment. We shouldn't be surprised when people react in the same way they have been treated.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon

Does a 20 year old not have the same right of public accommodation, to engage in the lawful purchase of lawful goods, as someone 21 or older (especially when that lawful commerce involves the exercise of a natural, civil, constitutionally protected right)?

(Side question: can a car dealership legally refuse to sell a car to a 17-year-old? Why or why not?)

"Right of public accommodation" is wrong. Protected classes are wrong. But, that's where we are today, thanks to legislative and judicial action. The only way to have even a chance of getting back to true freedom is to push such odious laws to their logical, absurd conclusions, and force them to collapse under their own weight. To that end, I fully support such a lawsuit.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Does a 20 year old not have the same right of public accommodation, to engage in the lawful purchase of lawful goods, as someone 21 or older (especially when that lawful commerce involves the exercise of a natural, civil, constitutionally protected right)?

"Right of public accommodation" is wrong. Protected classes are wrong. But, that's where we are today, thanks to legislative and judicial action. The only way to have even a chance of getting back to true freedom is to push such odious laws to their logical, absurd conclusions, and force them to collapse under their own weight. To that end, I fully support such a lawsuit.

So you also supported the "gay cake" lawsuit? One doesn't serve their position very well, when they flip-flop depending who they agree with. I was against the "gay cake," so I'm against the "you must sell me that gun" too.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    So you also supported the "gay cake" lawsuit? One doesn't serve their position very well, when they flip-flop depending who they agree with. I was against the "gay cake," so I'm against the "you must sell me that gun" too.

I was against the "gay cake" lawsuit. My position has not flip-flopped. I am fundamentally/in principle against this lawsuit as well. The problem is, we are now operating under unjust/immoral laws and legal precedent, precisely because of outcomes such as the "gay cake" lawsuit. I fully advocate using such outcomes to drive unjust/immoral laws to untenable, unintended outcomes, in order to facilitate their overturn.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    A lot of this stuff needs to be brought to light as far as perspective. Tony Katz was talking a similar argument in relation to the new Florida law that just passed.

If 18/19/20 year old's cannot be trusted to purchase a firearm, why in the world would we trust them to vote?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I was against the "gay cake" lawsuit. My position has not flip-flopped. I am fundamentally/in principle against this lawsuit as well. The problem is, we are now operating under unjust/immoral laws and legal precedent, precisely because of outcomes such as the "gay cake" lawsuit. I fully advocate using such outcomes to drive unjust/immoral laws to untenable, unintended outcomes, in order to facilitate their overturn.

That's fair.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    A lot of this stuff needs to be brought to light as far as perspective. Tony Katz was talking a similar argument in relation to the new Florida law that just passed.

If 18/19/20 year old's cannot be trusted to purchase a firearm, why in the world would we trust them to vote?
    This question came up in the 60's. If a man is old enough to die for his country, shouldn't he be allowed to vote to select the politicians who send him off to war? Actually Dick's has always been soft on gun rights. They, in the past, have suspended gun sales due to similar incidents. They have never sold handguns. Gun owners and potential gun owners should just cross Dick's off their list as one of their places to shop and be done with it.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    While at Meijer a couple of hours ago, I noticed that they now won't sell ammo to anyone under 21 and require an ID. I also talked to a fellow who likes to buy AR stripped lowers and build rifles. He says that the gun shop where he goes refuses to sell him any more stripped lowers. Maybe ATF is putting on heat, but I'm just speculating.

Paul30

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    I don't know how this will turn out. The business has the right to refuse a sale to anyone they think is dangerous, but to paint an entire group with the same brush is just wrong. No law against buying as much ammo as you can and selling it to 18 year olds either. I believe all the ones who purchased ammo during the Obama years may be able to sell it to 21 or under to get a partial refund on their bad investment. When I was 18 I worked for a guy and he told me he appreciated my work ethics, he said I was far more mature than his 26 year old son in law that also worked for him. I purchased a Marlin model 60 from Walmart, and purchased ammo to feed it there often too. We keep telling young people they are not acting like an adult, then tell them by actions like this that they are not adult until 21. They need to decide when they are an adult and tie it all together. Gun ownership, voting, drinking, etc. If a gas station decided more young people cause wrecks due to less experience driving so they were not going to sell gas to anyone under 21, they would get a different response.

dugsagun

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    portage
    IF enough people vote with their wallets & purses that it affects these stores bottom line, the policies will be tossed very quickly. And until that happens I will encourage the millions and millions of adults age 18 19 & 20 to sew their asses off.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Looking at the big picture I can see all sides.
    I don't like anyone's rights taken away.
    I understand Dicks Chicks thinking and I CHOOSE not to spend money with them.
    WalMart is little more than a Chinese shill account these days BUT I DO BUY THERE on occasion. NOT GUNS OR AMMO usually.
    Lots of teenagers committing suicide but you can't group them in with all teens.
    I figure if a teen will off him/her self then they probably don't give a **** about offing anyone else either.
    ANY company should have the right of refusal for ANY reason. Even for not selling to "cake packers", pimple faces, weird hat or headgear wearing folks, pierced walking things, tinfoil suits, etc, etc.
    Heck with the court dates 'cause you got your feelings hurt.
    They're a business and their SOLE responsibility is to the stock holders.
    I could have saved a little time and just said "I don't really give a ****" either way. No reason for me to even post other than the suicide epidemic of teens. This just might be a part of the problem? Ya think?

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Since most all of these companies' base of customers are not firearm fans, but soccer mom's, these useless store policies will probably make those squeamish about guns very happy. Kinda like the assaults by businesses on the NRA.

Floivanus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 6, 2016
    La crosse
    While at Meijer a couple of hours ago, I noticed that they now won't sell ammo to anyone under 21 and require an ID. I also talked to a fellow who likes to buy AR stripped lowers and build rifles. He says that the gun shop where he goes refuses to sell him any more stripped lowers. Maybe ATF is putting on heat, but I'm just speculating.
    stripped lowers can be either a rifle or a pistol; lots of businesses don’t want to transfer a stripped lower to an under 21 person because of this

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    stripped lowers can be either a rifle or a pistol; lots of businesses don’t want to transfer a stripped lower to an under 21 person because of this
    I didn't make it clear, but that the fellow wanting the stripped lower is older than 21 yoa.

Top Bottom