Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Thieves **** me off!!!

Solution; cut their hands off to indicate they were thieves.

Oh yeah, I forgot the second part, hang them in the public square with a sign around their necks. But use inexperienced hang men and then have a pool on whether he bleeds out first or die of suffocation. Make it a 50/50 to cover the costs so it's cost neutral for the county.

And yes, I'm serious.

Im with you. Theft is such a low-life, pitiful, cowardly crime. Seems like do few of these jerks are ever brought to justice. They know they'll probably never be caught.

WyldeShot

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 28, 2011
    Greenville
    I hope he is able to retrieve it too but he is not hopeful. What sucks is that this is only the 3rd time he shot it. This is another reason why I'm glad I have a private range to go to.
    He thinks it was some guy at the range but I think he was being watch. He was a witness to all of it.

I hope his insurance will cover getting it replaced because he doesn't have the extra money.

Last edited:

bmbutch

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    Once was the time you did not mess with other peoples "stuff". Period. Now it is the owner of the "stuff" that is at fault? It should not matter if it was on the hood of his vehicle. If it is not yours, do not mess with it.

+1 Wish everybody lived their life that way! Well said.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Once was the time you did not mess with other peoples "stuff". Period. Now it is the owner of the "stuff" that is at fault? It should not matter if it was on the hood of his vehicle. If it is not yours, do not mess with it.

If we expect people to actually obey the law and not mess with other people and their stuff, then why do we carry?

This is hardly a recent development. People have been stealing stuff for years.

He shouldn't have to worry about someone getting in his car? Do all the posters here lock their front doors? Situational awareness much?

Thieves **** me off!!!

Solution; cut their hands off to indicate they were thieves.

Oh yeah, I forgot the second part, hang them in the public square with a sign around their necks. But use inexperienced hang men and then have a pool on whether he bleeds out first or die of suffocation. Make it a 50/50 to cover the costs so it's cost neutral for the county.

And yes, I'm serious.

Many nations mutilate thieves and convicts. These are usually the nations we point to in contrast when talking about how great America is. We can always lower ourselves to others' standards, but it won't make America a better place to live.

My father used to tell about the public hangings they had in London (that London) for pickpockets. As the criminals were kicking their way into the next world, the crowd was being worked by... pickpockets. (Anecdotal of course.)

And we do have that pesky 8th Amendment, for all the Constitutionalists here. Would it be cruel to execute someone for stealing a loaf of bread to feed their family?

Last edited:

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    Sorry to hear about that OP, I hope your friend can get his gun back or get his insurence to cover it. Ive learned to be very cautious when i go there thats for sure.

Rocket57

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 19, 2010
    In denial
    He was parked at a shooting range, locked his rifle in the back seat in plain view (I assume in a case), and then went for a hike and expected his rifle to still be there when he got back? I'm just making sure I read that right.

So now we shouldn't be surprised to be robbed at gunpoint AT THE RANGE!? Your logic fails me. I guess when we go to the auto parts store we shouldn't be surprised if our car is gone when we come out.
    On the other hand, getting caught stealing a gun from someone's car AT THE RANGE is a good way to get terminated,

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    This is why I will not go to places where I'm required to "leave it in the car". Not that your buddy had to do so, but I will not leave my guns unattended, unless they are locked in the safe here at the house. Henryville has plenty of weirdos and low lifes lurking around. I like to fish there, as well as shoot, but I won't plan a fishing trip there on a day I'm going to the range, for the exact reason you posted.

Tc343

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   1
    Apr 17, 2012
    Greenfield

Agreed, to many low lifes lurking around these days. If only we could take their hand like in 3rd world countries. Or line them up and :ar15:

cbseniour

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 8, 2011
    South East Marion County
    Anytime you put something of value in your vehicle there is a good chance a potential thief is watching. My wife had a purse stolen after she got out and put it in the back seat before locking the car as walking away at a YWCA. This is a very common practice among criminal types just set in the parking lot trying to look like you are waiting on someone or talking on the phone and wait for some poor unsuspecting person to lock something valuable in the back seat.

WldBill423

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2012
    Unfortunately, I'm the poor bloke that had his rifle stolen. I had it stowed in the rear cab, covered by my cardboard backing. Doors were definitely locked, and window had definitely been tampered with.

Trying to stay optimistic, at least the perp didn't take my range bag and glock that was in the console.

Police report filed and all, but I don't expect to see my girl again. Lesson learned: take weapons home and store THEN go for a hike.

Here's praying for a perfectly aligned set of gas rings and a big bang.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Unfortunately, I'm the poor bloke that had his rifle stolen. I had it stowed in the rear cab, covered by my cardboard backing. Doors were definitely locked, and window had definitely been tampered with.

Trying to stay optimistic, at least the perp didn't take my range bag and glock that was in the console.

Police report filed and all, but I don't expect to see my girl again. Lesson learned: take weapons home and store THEN go for a hike.

Welcome to INGO! Best of luck retrieving your property.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow

Sorry about this experience. I know I would be furious if this happened to me. And probably not much you could do to prevent it, sounds like you took reasonable precautions.

Welcome to INGO, and we'll all keep our fingers crossed that the police find the jerk/s and you get your shootin' arn back! :ingo:

Inbound rep for starters. :welcome:

stchas

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 24, 2011
    Terrible Haute

Welcome to Ingo.

Hope they're able to recover your property and if not, here's hoping for a catastrophic failure!

ruger1800

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    Indiana
    Most people don't realize their is a prison located in henryville forestry, a lot of the people visiting prisoners are criminals, their was a serial killer in the mid late 70s that murdered several young men in the forestry.
    Am sure every one knows what goes on at your typical city park, drug deals, punks,perverts, prostitution.... this **** goes on at the forestry have seen it all, that place was my hangout when i was a yungster (camp tecumsea) and a teen, still go their riding, hiking, fishing.
    Went to the gun range one time, will be my last, just a matter of time untill someone is injured or killed.
    Could write a book about the forestry, nice place to get away from it all, if you walk or ride far enough to get away from the crowds, if you like to fish i recommend shaw lake.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Im with you. Theft is such a low-life, pitiful, cowardly crime. Seems like do few of these jerks are ever brought to justice. They know they'll probably never be caught.

I consider vandalism worse as weird as that may be. At least when someone steals something someone is getting something. Even the perp doesn't benefit from vandalism and everytime I hear about a home being vandalised and nothing taken I get even madder than if they would have stole something. Both tick me off, it's just one is worse than the other.

Top Bottom