• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mike_Indy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2009
    Indianapolis
    He is to hoping that the low-life joins Ingo and starts showing off his new rifle. You could then arrange to "meet" at a range to try one and see where it goes from there.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Unfortunately, I'm the poor bloke that had his rifle stolen. I had it stowed in the rear cab, covered by my cardboard backing. Doors were definitely locked, and window had definitely been tampered with.

Trying to stay optimistic, at least the perp didn't take my range bag and glock that was in the console.

Police report filed and all, but I don't expect to see my girl again. Lesson learned: take weapons home and store THEN go for a hike.

Here's praying for a perfectly aligned set of gas rings and a big bang.

Trust no one especially around firearms. There is little if any honer in folks these days. Not all but many just do not care.

Welcome to ingo.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    The original poster needs to contact me at Falls City Firearms, 812-725-1911.

A good customer of mine came into the shop with an AR 15 that he FOUND sitting in the parking lot at the Henryville range. The case was sitting upright and had an AR 15 in it. He came by the shop today to my ask me if any of my customers said they had lost an AR 15. I told him about this post and it matches the weapon. He waited for 1/2 hour at Henryville to see if the person was going to come back to the range and when nobody showed he took it home and came in here to have me see if I could locate the owner.

I am not doubting the original version of the events, but Lord knows I have driven off with things before. So it happens and he stated it was sitting right by (upright in the case) the parking lot. So it appears the rifle was left behind and that explains the "no signs of a break in". It was left in the turnaround parking lot behind the lake. He wants to make an arrangment for the owner to pick up his rifle.

Please Contact me at 812-725-1911 so we can get the gentlemans gun back to him.

Rick

Last edited:

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky

A good customer of mine came into the shop with an AR 15 that he FOUND sitting in the parking lot at the Henryville range. The case was sitting upright and had an AR 15 in it. He came by the shop today to my ask me if any of my customers said they had lost an AR 15. I told him about this post and it matches the weapon. He waited for 1/2 hour at Henryville to see if the person was going to come back to the range and when nobody showed he took it home and came in here to have me see if I could locate the owner.

I am not doubting the original version of the events but Lord knows I have driven off with things before so it happens and it stated it was sitting right by (upright in the case) the parking lot. So it appears the rifle was left behind and that explains the "no signs of a break in". It was left in the turnaround parking lot behind the lake. He wants to make an arrangment for the owner to pick up his rifle.

Rick
    Holy CRAP! :yesway:

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    What are the odds? Ha! poor guy. I hope it's his (most likely is).

I've put things on my car and driven off that way (not a firearm, but still).

Buy that man a Miller.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

I am not doubting the original version of the events, but Lord knows I have driven off with things before. So it happens and he stated it was sitting right by (upright in the case) the parking lot. So it appears the rifle was left behind and that explains the "no signs of a break in". It was left in the turnaround parking lot behind the lake. He wants to make an arrangment for the owner to pick up his rifle.

Rick

Last year, my brother found a .22 upper at his gun range. He posted notices in the sign-in book and I believe he hung a sign or two but nobody ever called to claim it. I'm still dumbfounded over that.

I hope this is a happy ending...it would help restore a little faith in the goodness people.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    What are the odds? Ha! poor guy. I hope it's his (most likely is).

I've put things on my car and driven off that way (not a firearm, but still).

Buy that man a Miller.

I told him he will probably get a small reward and he said, and I quote, "Nah man, just a thank you and a firm handshake will do it." I am glad to know honour and honesty still exist.

doublesharp

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    Clark County
    Back in the mid 70s my dad bought a small log cabin and 10 acres on Brownstown Rd in Ritchie Holler, bordered by the Clark State Forest on 3 sides. The movie Deliverance reminded me of the way they looked at us when we drove in on weekends. Place got pilfered about every week so we couldn't keep anything but the basics but I have fond memories of getting drunk there. Pop didn't have much money in it and sold it about 3 times on contract before he finally got shut of it and paid off.

I used to shoot at the Henryville range but I never trusted my surroundings completely. I'll keep my eyes open at the small New Albany show this w-end

Last edited:

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    This is a strange story indeed. The guy swears that he put the AR in the vehicle and the doors were locked and upon returning he states that the window appeared to be tampered with and the AR was gone. So in that case someone actually must have snatched it then got cold feet and just left it there.

Whatever the case may be it sounds like the stars may have all aligned perfectly and there's a possibility that he got lucky and will be able to recover it.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    If all goes according to plan and the serial numbers match up it appears that this rifle will be back with it's owner at 10:15 am this morning.

I am really hoping for a "Timmy/Lassie moment" here this morning. As I was leaving for the shop this morning my spouse said "enjoy your gunharmony moment."

Some chicks just don't understand the love between a man and his rifle.

WldBill423

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2012
    I can't speak highly enough about Rick at Falls City Firearms in Clarksville for helping me be reunited with my prized rifle; and to Johnny who recovered it for me in Henryville. This whole experience has helped me salvage faith in my fellow man again.

And if anybody has not been to Rick's shop, do yourself a favor and check it out. He has an outstanding collection, great prices, and you will leave there not only satisfied with a purchase, but more knowledgeable about firearms in general.

I also want to take the time to thank the wonderful folks here at INGO. It's good to know I'm part of a community that takes care of its own. I'll be happy to stand with you guys and gals against the Zombies any day.

Now, if you'll excuse me, my girl is thirsty for some RemOil. :patriot:

Top Bottom