• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • doublesharp

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    Clark County
    When I saw Indiucky sign a post as Rick I had a hunch it might be the Rick from the old 111 gun shop so I checked it out today. Great place. Rick was my favorite salesman at 111 and I wondered whatever happened to him when 111 closed. For a young guy he has a remarkable knowledge and appreciation of the finer things in life such as 50-60 year old S&W revolvers. He has opened a fine gun shop with a friendly feel from the moment you walk through the door. Glad to see you again and I'll be a regular. Dave

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    The power of INGO! What a story.... You sir receive 6 months of free advertising on INGO for helping to reunite an INGOer with his rifle!

PM esrice for details. Thank you!

:ingo:

The original poster needs to contact me at Falls City Firearms, 812-725-1911.

A good customer of mine came into the shop with an AR 15 that he FOUND sitting in the parking lot at the Henryville range. The case was sitting upright and had an AR 15 in it. He came by the shop today to my ask me if any of my customers said they had lost an AR 15. I told him about this post and it matches the weapon. He waited for 1/2 hour at Henryville to see if the person was going to come back to the range and when nobody showed he took it home and came in here to have me see if I could locate the owner.

I am not doubting the original version of the events, but Lord knows I have driven off with things before. So it happens and he stated it was sitting right by (upright in the case) the parking lot. So it appears the rifle was left behind and that explains the "no signs of a break in". It was left in the turnaround parking lot behind the lake. He wants to make an arrangment for the owner to pick up his rifle.

Please Contact me at 812-725-1911 so we can get the gentlemans gun back to him.

Rick

Titanium Man

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    Indy---USA
    Sounds like someone was watching. This happens a lot with unsuspecting women who park at a trail, think they're securing their purse, and presto, stuffs gone. It would really be nice to set them up for once.

Happy endings are good. :)

beebadd

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    CLARKSVILLE
    I would like to say thanks to everyone on here and especially Rick for telling me about the guy that had this misfortune, I cant explain how joyious the feeling was to have the owner re-united with his AR-15. It was one of the greatest moments of my life. And thanks for the Bad Ass knife. I will cherish it as one of the special memories of doing a good deed. I know that Rick is a great person and he always seems to make the connection on firearms, even when someone is looking for stolen or lost AR, or especially on collectible gun...You the man Rick... And a famous closing that Rick always says....Have a bless day!!!!!!!!

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    Site Supporter for you sir. Thanks for your help!

I would like to say thanks to everyone on here and especially Rick for telling me about the guy that had this misfortune, I cant explain how joyious the feeling was to have the owner re-united with his AR-15. It was one of the greatest moments of my life. And thanks for the Bad Ass knife. I will cherish it as one of the special memories of doing a good deed. I know that Rick is a great person and he always seems to make the connection on firearms, even when someone is looking for stolen or lost AR, or especially on collectible gun...You the man Rick... And a famous closing that Rick always says....Have a bless day!!!!!!!!

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Well done...Repped.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    The fourth INGO'er has come into the shop today that had never been in before and it was all because of this thread. Thanks again to all of you.

Rick

I had so much goodwill coming my way that I had to go post in the political section lest everyone forget what an a-hole I really am.:)

Eh, one could find worse in the political section. :D

Tried to rep you but apparently I must redistribute the rep first.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I ain't going to lie.......There have been some folks shootered lately and I figure there are some new guys out there that may come on here and wonder what the INGO community is all about.......

This thread should serve as a reminder that it's not always about politics....Sometimes it's just about gunharmony and looking out for your fellow Hoosiers...

Or maybe I just wanted to let the plinkers know how awesome a place INGO is......

Fullmag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    Ahhhh...a feel good story in this day of depressing news, hurricanes and about how bad Trump is running this country. There is hope.

Last edited:

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    My good friend was at the Henryville range today shooting is PSA AR. He got finished and locked the rifle in the back seat of his truck. He came back from a hike and the AR was gone. He filed a police report.
    Here are the details on his rifle:
    PSA lower with "Don't treat on me" in graves. Upper is a PSA M4A1 hammer forged barrel with all Green hardware with green MBUS flip up rear sights and Magpul verticals grip.

Seriously? With all due respect: Noting all the stories of firearms thefts on this forum and in all the media it is amazing that this member would leave a firearm in plain sight on the back seat of a pick up truck. We as gun owners have to be exponentially more careful with our firearms in today's world. Nevertheless I hope the rifle is recovered and ultimately returned to its rightful owner.

marsell

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 7, 2012
    Seriously? With all due respect: Noting all the stories of firearms thefts on this forum and in all the media it is amazing that this member would leave a firearm in plain sight on the back seat of a pick up truck. We as gun owners have to be exponentially more careful with our firearms in today's world. Nevertheless I hope the rifle is recovered and ultimately returned to its rightful owner.

Know how I know you didn't read the thread? ;);)

Top Bottom