WATCH: 11 Indiana Cops Detain Entire Bar to Conduct Background Checks on Patrons

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Was the supervisor the one that looks like Veronica Mars' dad?

ETA pic.
    police-raid-bar-696x366.jpg

veronica_mars.jpg

Last edited:

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    You probably won't get one, but I spoke to several officers that were there. This happened while I was working, but I wasn't part of it. I also have not, nor will I, watch the video.

I know what happened and a lot of it is irrelevant. I will say that it was a raid by excise and Michigan City PD was there to assist. The part of the situation that was, in my opinion, a gross violation of the rights of the bar patrons was due to a single supervisor who wanted every single patron of the bar identified and run for warrants. I have no idea why he made the decision to do that or why he thought that the bar patrons would be required to provide identification, but the officers that actually ran the IDs were fairly new and likely did not feel they were in a position to refuse.

There really isn't much more to the story, but it's nice to see my city in the news.
    Ah the ole "just following orders".
    If it happens for the small right violation things now (not really small imo) then it will also happen for the big ones in a time of emergency.

This is one of those times where you hire a lawyer. A simple complaint isnt enough here. Sue for all legal fees and $1. It isnt about the money for some of us.

JeepHammer

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2018
    SW Indiana
    No.
    I see people fired for too many things.
    Retrain.
    If they continue, then fire.

The only people that never made a mistake, are people that haven't done anything.

That's a rock solid fact of life like death & taxes.

You cannot learn ANYTHING without mistakes, every mistake is a learning/training opportunity.
    There is no 'Reset' button in real life, either you learn something and soldier on, or you continue to screw up until you get 'Corrected'.
    Some people figure it out, others move on to jobs they are more suited for.

It also tightens the knot for self hanging if they continue to be idiots...

----------

And the VERY NEXT COMMENT....

So are you are saying AOC and Obama never made a mistake?

Did anyone else hear the neck snap as 2A_Tom/Blue Falcon jumped off the cliff of confusion on a rational comment from Actaeon trying to impart some common sense?

It was clean & clear, like a billy club to Rodney King's head, or the brick to Reginald Denny's head, or the bones breaking as white supremacists drive through a group of pedestrians, and made just about as much sense...

If you can't make a rational argument or have anything useful or even interesting to add, deflect, confuse, change subject...
    ... But by no means EVER just shut up on the internet!
    After all, you have a meaningless avatar/screen name and post count to 'Protect'.
    :rolleyes:

Last edited:

JeepHammer

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2018
    SW Indiana
    You have a much higher tolerance for violating peoples' rights than I do.

Just curious, out of all the horrendous abuses of power, why does this particular one mean something to you?
    I'm actually curious, and your opinion/thoughts are your own, I won't comment on the reply if you choose to answer...

JeepHammer

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2018
    SW Indiana
    NO! I will not show you my ID. This is America, not the USSR or Nazi Germany.

Please tell me what your Reasonable Articulable Suspicion is. No, then I refuse to give you my ID.

Am I being detained?

Am I under arrest?

Do you have a warrant?

I am calling my lawyer.

Edit---
    What I wrote is WAY too complicated, no way for Blue Falcon to connect the dots with what's happening now.

So, instead, this is how the world works in REAL LIFE instead of 'Planet Blue Falcon'...

First, you will comply, you will provide ID and wait until the boot comes off your neck,
    OR,
    You will sound off with the above drivel, and they will call your bluff (calling a lawyer from a bar at 1:30am and expecting him to run right over with the Marines).

So, not having any idea what a wolf pack mentality is like, and being a scared, impotent little bunny trying to back the wolves off,
    You whip out your cell phone....

That's ringing the dinner bell, just EXACTLY what the self important wolves were hoping for, an idiot rabbit to break cover.

When your phone comes up, they will start yelling "Stop Resisting" for any cameras they might not have seen,
    And you promptly be subject to any or all of the following,
    Pepper Spray, Tasers, Batons, Fists, Elbows, Knees, black jacks/slap jacks, even gunshot wounds, particularly if you are carrying, permit or not (Mr 2A)...
    The only *Rights* you have at this point is to take a beating, the severity of which depends entirely on how fast they get tired.
    It doesn't matter if you "Surrender", they beat you until the PACK has had enough and all you can do is cry & bleed.

You will be dragged to the ground by about half a dozen, someone will put a boot or knee on your neck with their full weight,
    Your kidneys for sure, and probably your groin will take a beating since the wolves on the sides are covering those areas from cameras,
    Your arms will be jacked behind you, cuffed, then jacked up to, or past the point of dislocating shoulders,
    Two or three will start yanking up on you, while someone stands on your feet/ankles, and your apparent struggling/failure to comply will probably get you more shots in the kidneys and your arms jacked up even farther behind your back.

Now, they will stuff your butt in the back of a police car, and high five each other for a job well done...

Buckle up butter cup, it's not over!
    When you get the the jail you will be strip searched, finger printed, photographed, probed, prodded and questioned and you don't have to give them any reason at all to pepper spray, taser or baton you again, there won't be any chance of a video showing up of you getting the snot pounded out of you again.
    You are a 'Violent Resistor', you have about as many *Rights* as a biting dog at the pound.
    (At least dogs in the pound get a blanket, food & water...)

Now, when they finally feel like it... they will say booking is over, and you *Might* get a chance to call someone *IF* your not a cell phone idiot and can remember an actual number, and *IF* they are awake/bother to answer an unknown number about 3:30/4:00 am...

*IF* you get through to anyone, then THEY can call around to find a lawyer about 9:00am to try and get your stupid butt on the docket so you can make bail.
    Remember, you are a VIOLENT RESISTOR and you WILL NOT get a set bail so you can post and get out, you MUST appear before a judge...

Now you are in the system, welcome to the suck!

If you are REALLY stupid, I mean afterbirth instead of any brain cells...

You will start up with that "I'm gonna sue!" crap, they just love that!
    They will throw you in with the brain eaters, and suddenly they will apologise to the judge, but there isn't any jailers available to get you to court... And there you will sit until an actual criminal lawyer gets about $5,000 retainer and then he'll start squeezing his golfing buddies, the judge, prosecutor, chief & county sheriff to get you into court for a bail hearing...
    Mostly so he can keep all the $5,000 and buy drinks after a round of golf at the country club you don't belong to...

And in the mean time...
    At the mention of a law suit, the ranks close, the stories get straightened out, the reports get written...
    And as a last bastion of the weak minded & weak willed, they all say they were under orders, and that's a 100% get out of jail free card for anything someone might have on video.

With about another $50,000 you *Might* get a civil law attorney to take up a case in your behalf, and do some 'Discovery',
    In the mean time, *YOU* and your *Rights* get dragged through criminal courts, which by the way, have unlimited budgets & manpower, and your criminal defense attorney is laughing all the way to the golf course, country club & bank...
    Where he'll be having cocktails with your civil case attorney, the judges that will hear your cases, and again, the prosecutor, chief, etc.

But, most important, these will be the judges he will have to argue EVERY FUTURE CASE in front of, so don't expect him to cut his own throat on your behalf...
    Unlike *YOU*, he has a career left and self preservation WILL take over.

Just when you *Think* it can't get any worse...
    The jailers report comes in and you threatened the staff, other inmates, etc.
    Just in case one of the cops screwed up somewhere, this covers the bases on their case.

------------

I'm always deliriously happy when some idiot does the 'Alamo' last stand you posted above,
    Remember how it turned out for EVERYONE in the Alamo?
    That takes the focus off me while I'm in the same shake down situation, I get to ride off into the sunset while you get a magnum dose of reality and get introduced to the suck.
    If you are lucky, some brain eaters didn't introduce you to inmate man-love.

Like I said in my very first post on this thread, it's nothing new, happens all the time, once you understand the mentality you get by...
    If you are REALLY lucky, some "I'm calling my LAWYER" idiot on a suicide mission takes one for the team and everyone but him gets to spend the weekend at the car/bike show, on the beach, or whatever.
    So by all means, DO exactly what you wrote above, but PLEASE! Do it so I can watch!

-----------

AND, just to drive the point him even further,
    Since this goes on EVERY WHERE, ALL THE TIME,
    The military doesn't put up with petty crap, the provost martial or your CO comes & gets you when you get caught in one of these wolf pack, post pissing situations, or if you are away from base, the US martials.
    *IF* you were dead stupid, you spend time in the brig, but most times they just tell the locals to **** off, you are in the dog house for a month or two, but they know exactly how it is and won't put up with it.

Last edited:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    NO! I will not show you my ID. This is America, not the USSR or Nazi Germany.

Please tell me what your Reasonable Articulable Suspicion is. No, then I refuse to give you my ID.

Am I being detained?

Am I under arrest?

Do you have a warrant?

I am calling my lawyer.

ETA https://thefreethoughtproject.com/police-violate-rights-bar/

I always laughed when people said this. "My" lawyer, or "A" lawyer? If you have a "go to" lawyer on retainer 24-7, you either need to be more critical in your decision making, or loan me $20K.

Gaffer

Shhhh.......
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2016
    Southern IN
    My Doctor, My butcher, My teacher, My Dentist, My lawn guy ...………………….. what the heck is wrong with "My Lawyer"??

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    My Doctor, My butcher, My teacher, My Dentist, My lawn guy ...………………….. what the heck is wrong with "My Lawyer"??

I KNOW, by name, who my doctor, my dentist, my teacher are.... mainly because of the frequency of contact. They tend to be constants over years. Most people, don't have a relationship with a lawyer in the same way. And if by chance they do, then the person probably has little bit of scratch, or make frequent bad decisions.

For people who have worked in LE, people saying they're going to call their lawyer, is right up there with "do you know who I am," and "I know the mayor."

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I always laughed when people said this. "My" lawyer, or "A" lawyer? If you have a "go to" lawyer on retainer 24-7, you either need to be more critical in your decision making, or loan me $20K.

There are several people who refer to me as “my lawyer” and they don’t have to pay my hourly 24/7 for the privilege, nor do I have to have a retainer already sitting in the trust account. I want it that way. I’ll be their “go to” guy so that when they have a real situation arise, they’ll start paying me then. Granted, this is normally with people who have a fairly frequent need for counsel. In my case, it would be contract review, advice on the legalities of a medical situation (more common when I did a lot of hospital work), etc.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom