Watson Chambers Gun Theft in Columbus...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    If I lived closer to Columbus, I'd give them more business. Great family and I don't care about giving them my ID. They're doing good things within the gun community to help counter the demonization of gun owners and the 2nd Ammendment. What they do for children and women when it comes to training classes is about the coolest thing I've seen from anyone in the industry.

I'm not saying there aren't other good people in the gun world but I am saying I doubt there are any that are better.

You are correct. They do a lot of great things and great training for the gun community. They offered up free info sessions on ARs after Parkland and I think had a info session on arming teachers. Tami is very engaging...and a very good speaker...so a good woman to have teaching people.

I haven't heard any more on this...and I haven't been in to the store. Its taboo to me as I was in JJ a coupl etimes(in same store as someone up thread said) and I hated that place...but do need to get in to WCDI sometime.

They did open a mile range farther south in Barth. Cty....

GNRPowdeR

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Bartholomew Co.
    I'm told that progress is being made in the case, but not being openly discussed due to the ongoing nature of the situation. Some of the firearms have been recovered, but not sure which ones.

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    wasn't there a store in Indy with similar problems a few years back? Seems that there was but I'm drawing a blank as to which store it was.
    That might have been "Don's". It might have been 15 years ago, but I remember seeing video of thugs driving a car through the front door and then smashing display cabinets. They installed concrete-filled posts after that.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    They did open a mile range farther south in Barth. Cty....

I'd join that outdoor range BUT, you have to be an RSO, class is 75, you have to pay a 65 dollar a month membership fee, and you have to buy into the outdoor range for 500. So you are looking at 1,355 dollars for your first year of their outdoor range access, recurring yearly will be 1,280, if they don't require annual rso training. If you are not an rso you can still pay the 1280 and then schedule a time to go shoot with a range officer for another 400 dollars. The range currently does not have any buildings, so I guess a 1300 dollar membership gets you access to a farmed field with 500 dollars worth of steel, maybe a port o let. For that kind of money and hassle I'm heading to knob creek where they already have improved firing line and a full stock shop just a few steps away from the firing line all for 10 dollars a day + some gas and time. Not to mention, if I have to take a dump it is in a fairly clean bathroom. lol... back on topic

I'm glad they have recovered some of the pistols.

GNRPowdeR

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Bartholomew Co.
    I'd join that outdoor range BUT, you have to be an RSO, class is 75, you have to pay a 65 dollar a month membership fee, and you have to buy into the outdoor range for 500. So you are looking at 1,355 dollars for your first year of their outdoor range access, recurring yearly will be 1,280, if they don't require annual rso training. If you are not an rso you can still pay the 1280 and then schedule a time to go shoot with a range officer for another 400 dollars. The range currently does not have any buildings, so I guess a 1300 dollar membership gets you access to a farmed field with 500 dollars worth of steel, maybe a port o let. For that kind of money and hassle I'm heading to knob creek where they already have improved firing line and a full stock shop just a few steps away from the firing line all for 10 dollars a day + some gas and time. Not to mention, if I have to take a dump it is in a fairly clean bathroom. lol... back on topic

I'm glad they have recovered some of the pistols.

They actually have "buildings" going in with generators and Medical Kits and A/C, but I agree that the cost can be prohibitive...

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    I know the owners personally. Let's not blame the victims too much. That said, I'd be lying if I said that the above quoted thought didn't cross my mind when i first heard as well, especially after the pistol being stolen a couple months back. I always figured they locked the stuff up at night in some sort of safe. Big, valuable lesson to be learned here for sure.
    Rural king in c-bus locks them up at night.

deeno3432

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 4, 2018
    heartland
    I moved from columbus 7 years ago and I regretted it due to its pleasant peaceful atmosphere but over the years Ive seen more and more reports of serious crimes. Still I miss that city.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Sad to see this. I've done business with them multiple times. Great shop and great people. I'll continue doing business there as long as they're in business, and I hope they do well.

I like how they have the shop set up. It's a nice change from the traditional gun shop where there's a guy hovering over you the entire time you're looking at guns.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    I was told the people were caught. Rumor Mill is they bragged on social media, then they got scared that Aaron would come for them...

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    Sad to see this. I've done business with them multiple times. Great shop and great people. I'll continue doing business there as long as they're in business, and I hope they do well.

I like how they have the shop set up. It's a nice change from the traditional gun shop where there's a guy hovering over you the entire time you're looking at guns.

I Agree wholeheartedly but sometimes there's a reason for the traditions.

Spear Dane

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 4, 2015
    Kokomo area
    Seems like there's Watsons customers in here so I will ask this here. Does Watsons require you to surrender your ID when you go in the store to look?

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    They do have you check in by scanning. You also have full access to everything without having some kid tell you why the Kimber is better than the Glock you want to see.

Spear Dane

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 4, 2015
    Kokomo area
    They do have you check in by scanning. You also have full access to everything without having some kid tell you why the Kimber is better than the Glock you want to see.

Yeah I have that at my current LGS and without being treated like a criminal or a Jew in Nazi Germany. I can't believe people stand for that. No wonder we are in such sad shape.

JHB

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2016
    Columbus
    Yeah I have that at my current LGS and without being treated like a criminal or a Jew in Nazi Germany. I can't believe people stand for that. No wonder we are in such sad shape.

I won't stand for it don't want to be in any more databases than absolutely necessary. The more you are in the better chances of your info being stolen that is if they don't sell it first.

Spear Dane

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 4, 2015
    Kokomo area
    Are you the one that left that review?

Negatory on that review. Just checking to see if something I saw was true. Sadly, it is. I don't do business where I'm treated like a criminal from the get go and I don't leave my info ANYWHERE it doesn't have to be. You have no idea who has access to it, what is done with it...anyone doing business with those people is supporting the same policies and mind set of any first rate liberal.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    Don't go to any bar with a doorman, they scan you in now. Don't go shoot at any indoor, and some outdoor ranges, they scan you in now.... Watson are good people.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Is this the same Watson who was a master chief in the Seals? I spoke with him a time or two back in the day when I carried Masters of Defense knives.

Never met him even though he's less than an hour away.....

Top Bottom