Watson Chambers Gun Theft in Columbus...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PREPPEDVET

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2018
    INDIANA
    While I totally agree that it's unnecessary and intrusive to scan your ID just to walk through the store, technically all that does is record that you were there, and your smartphone is already tracking that 24/7. Just a thought.

That being said, I'll probably still avoid going there on principle, which is very disappointing, since it's the only real gun shop in Columbus. Maybe if enough people refuse to submit to the gestapo tactics, they'll change their policy.

I don't agree with their ID policy but do know this, this came about because of shoplifters stealing not only guns but ammo. Part of it is the open design of their show room. But still, I have stopped shopping there. Mainly due to prices and the ID thing. One thing to note as well, their attempt at a mile long range ended up in controversy and them being fought in the county government by surrounding property owners including the Sheriff. They didn't get the permits or Zoning approvals first before opening it, had a grand opening of it in June/July. So they ended up having to close it and return it to a private range.

Firing range plans dropped: Jonesville Road neighbors opposed plans

I think the only thing really keeping them going is the training classes they offer. Question is, just how long will it keep them afloat.

engi-ninja

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 24, 2018
    Columbus
    Perhaps we'll be lucky enough that she joins this conversation to clarify her positions and comments?

I would welcome that. As it is, I don't think I'll ever set foot in her store again; perhaps some explanation from her may change that. I would also be interested in hearing how it's not discriminatory to say that certain groups of people are so incapable of succeeding in life that they have to have special laws to help them.

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    I don't agree with their ID policy but do know this, this came about because of shoplifters stealing not only guns but ammo. Part of it is the open design of their show room. But still, I have stopped shopping there. Mainly due to prices and the ID thing. One thing to note as well, their attempt at a mile long range ended up in controversy and them being fought in the county government by surrounding property owners including the Sheriff. They didn't get the permits or Zoning approvals first before opening it, had a grand opening of it in June/July. So they ended up having to close it and return it to a private range.

Firing range plans dropped: Jonesville Road neighbors opposed plans

I think the only thing really keeping them going is the training classes they offer. Question is, just how long will it keep them afloat.
    Training can be a very profitable business. But I wouldn't take a class from someone with her mentality.

PREPPEDVET

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2018
    INDIANA
    Training can be a very profitable business. But I wouldn't take a class from someone with her mentality.

Yeah, perhaps. Most of her classes are in women self defense. She's a retired state cop, the classes do have some merit. But after reading her latest posts in recent weeks, I think she's lost it. I've known her for nearly 15 years now, I've never seen that side of her, either in person or in any of her comments previously. Not sure what's going on with her but maybe her defeat in the sheriff primary in May sent her off the deep end.

JHB

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2016
    Columbus
    I don't agree with their ID policy but do know this, this came about because of shoplifters stealing not only guns but ammo.]

Look at the neighborhood leave that kind of merchandise out on tables and expect the local druggy's not to pocket it. That section of Columbus has as much illegal drugs as 10 and Emerson in Indy.

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    Yeah, perhaps. Most of her classes are in women self defense. She's a retired state cop, the classes do have some merit. But after reading her latest posts in recent weeks, I think she's lost it. I've known her for nearly 15 years now, I've never seen that side of her, either in person or in any of her comments previously. Not sure what's going on with her but maybe her defeat in the sheriff primary in May sent her off the deep end.
    I wouldn't want my wife or daughter to take a class from her either.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I would welcome that. As it is, I don't think I'll ever set foot in her store again; perhaps some explanation from her may change that. I would also be interested in hearing how it's not discriminatory to say that certain groups of people are so incapable of succeeding in life that they have to have special laws to help them.

That last sentence is what sets my hair on fire. That people believe we need protected classes and groups. Oh hell to the no.

engi-ninja

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 24, 2018
    Columbus
    That last sentence is what sets my hair on fire. That people believe we need protected classes and groups. Oh hell to the no.

Especially since historical data shows that groups that receive such protections always end up doing whatever the opposite of thrive is as a result! Even ignoring the fact hat it's inherently unjust, it does the opposite of what they say it does...and nobody seems to notice.

Lilboog82

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 26, 2014
    Indiana
    Sucks, this shop was so chill and would let you get hands on everything. A while back someone walked out with a pistol, now they scan I'd before going to the retail floor. Now this... This will sound selfish, but I hope my suppressor is secured nightly. I asked for a list with serial numbers, will update if they release that info.

Hope you get your can before they close shop!

Top Bottom