Well now we know for sure who the enemies of the American people are.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    As someone who has openly called for single payer healthcare, UBI, supported Bernie in the event Trump lost nomination, and many other things, I find that quite surprising that you would accuse me of such.

I'm looking at this post, and there are a multitudes of "lolwuts" that come to mind.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I think if there is anyone who is immune to claims of surrounding one's self with an echo chamber, it's yours truly. You're clear on what is meant when people say "echo chamber," right?

You do realize that that tern means yourself.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    So we agree that sitting during the Presidential State of the Union is disrespectful?
    The good, the bad, and the weird at Obama's State of the Union | MSNBC
    Republican Congressman Steve King of Iowa, for example, told msnbc he was heartened that many Republicans didn’t stand up to applaud Obama’s call for immigration reform, which he fiercely opposes.
    On the other side of the aisle, Congressman Chris Van Hollen of Maryland took note when Republicans failed to stand up for infrastructure investments and a minimum wage hike.
    “Time after time tonight you saw Republicans sitting on their hands when the president was calling on the country to move forward,” he told reporters. “I think that will be a theme that’s taken into the next election

https://www.xojane.com/issues/2016-state-of-the-union
    Similarly, large swaths of the GOP chose to remain seated with increasingly bored expressions — some even appeared to nod off — during the speech, including during segments that would have provoked thunderous GOP applause had they come from a Republican president.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    So we agree that sitting during the Presidential State of the Union is disrespectful?
    The good, the bad, and the weird at Obama's State of the Union | MSNBC
    Republican Congressman Steve King of Iowa, for example, told msnbc he was heartened that many Republicans didn’t stand up to applaud Obama’s call for immigration reform, which he fiercely opposes.
    On the other side of the aisle, Congressman Chris Van Hollen of Maryland took note when Republicans failed to stand up for infrastructure investments and a minimum wage hike.
    “Time after time tonight you saw Republicans sitting on their hands when the president was calling on the country to move forward,” he told reporters. “I think that will be a theme that’s taken into the next election

https://www.xojane.com/issues/2016-state-of-the-union
    Similarly, large swaths of the GOP chose to remain seated with increasingly bored expressions — some even appeared to nod off — during the speech, including during segments that would have provoked thunderous GOP applause had they come from a Republican president.

Obama started nearly every sentence of every SOTU with "I."

His ego made his addresses insufferable, little else matters.

His behavior was disrespectful, especially when he went on a tangent claiming nobody achieved anything without the help of the government, while at the same time claiming that he himself, was solely responsible for every positive thing that happened.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    To be honest, after about the first 5 or 10 instances of standing ovations I would have stayed seated too. He constant up and down was really annoying and distracting, and nothing more than a show.

Plus years of running 10-15 miles a day on pavement wrecked my knees. They don't like that ****.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    To be honest, after about the first 5 or 10 instances of standing ovations I would have stayed seated too. He constant up and down was really annoying and distracting, and nothing more than a show.

Plus years of running 10-15 miles a day on pavement wrecked my knees. They don't like that ****.

Who was chasing you, Yul Brynner?

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Obama started nearly every sentence of every SOTU with "I."

His ego made his addresses insufferable, little else matters.

His behavior was disrespectful, especially when he went on a tangent claiming nobody achieved anything without the help of the government, while at the same time claiming that he himself, was solely responsible for every positive thing that happened.
    Ahhh, so it's OK for good reason...gotcha.

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy

Was it the SOTU or Catholic mass Trump was presenting?

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Ahhh, so it's OK for good reason...gotcha.

When 75% of the nation enjoyed Trump's SOTU, I do believe the democrats are operating more out of bitterness they haven't been able to get over since losing the election. The same bitterness that shut down the government for no benefit to the American people. Any time a democrat clapped or stood up, others gave them the look of death until they stopped and sat down.

It's not really a simple matter of disagreeing or being disrespectful. It's a deep and insidious bitterness that the party hasn't been able to move past.

Need I remind you, Obama's SOTUs lasted longer. Trump's was ~5000 words to Obama's ~7000 words.

It's a stark contrast, comparing a celebration of the nation's success against one man demanding everyone's attention to tell everyone how he alone is accomplishing X, Y, and Z.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    When 75% of the nation enjoyed Trump's SOTU, I do believe the democrats are operating more out of bitterness they haven't been able to get over since losing the election. The same bitterness that shut down the government for no benefit to the American people. Any time a democrat clapped or stood up, others gave them the look of death until they stopped and sat down.

It's not really a simple matter of disagreeing or being disrespectful. It's a deep and insidious bitterness that the party hasn't been able to move past.

Need I remind you, Obama's SOTUs lasted longer. Trump's was ~5000 words to Obama's ~7000 words.

It's a stark contrast, comparing a celebration of the nation's success against one man demanding everyone's attention to tell everyone how he alone is accomplishing X, Y, and Z.
    It's either disrespectful or it's not. Otherwise it is just another example of partizan politics...AGAIN.

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    Taxation is theft. Stealing from one group to give to another...it's still theft.

If you think taxation is theft, I assume you are against it.
    Which leads me to the question, how do you expect the gov to run and pay for things like roads, police, military, etc?

Not trying to be rude, I'm genuinely curious.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Taxation is theft. Stealing from one group to give to another...it's still theft.

The only taxation I consider immoral is property tax, just because of the consequences of inability to pay for it means that no one in this country is technically allowed to own land.

This is fundamentally wrong.

Taxation is only theft is you are forced to remain here. To my knowledge you are choosing to remain here, and the cost of remaining here is taxes.

Top Bottom