What are you smoking or What do you enjoy smoking (Pipe & Cigar Thread)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Outside right now sitting by myself in the dark. Just me and this El chepo Bohio/Bahia(?) Maduro. I usually don't care for Maduro's but this one is great. Maybe it's the atmosphere. But man is this thing smooth.

Life is good!

BDbjJW3.jpg

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Gurkha War Pig. I didn't think I would like it, but I actually enjoyed it a lot.

I had one of those Bahia Maduros a few month back. I did not care for it personally.

agree on both. The only bad thing on the Gurkhas I have run across is sometimes they are not rolled tight enough.

I tied a Bahia about a year ago and didn’t like the flavor.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    It seems I enjoy the medium to bolder flavors more than I originally thought. I just finished up a 5 Vegas Series A and was very impressed. Good spice notes, a hint of chocolate and a smooth and velvety aftertaste.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Now that we're finally getting a taste of fall I am mixing things up tonight with the corn cob pipe and a bowl of bourbon blend tobacco.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Thompson Cigar has a Drew Estate Sampler for $49.95 14 cigars, lighter and cutter

https://www.thompsoncigar.com/shop/?q=aaasst22-sp

The Drew Estate Starter Set:
    2 x Herrera Esteli Toro Habano (6” x 52)
    2 x Undercrown Gran Toro Maduro (6” x 52)
    2 x Joya de Nicaragua Antano 1970 Robusto Grande (5.5” x 52)
    2 x My Uzi Weighs A Ton +11 Maduro (5.5” x 52)
    2 x MUWAT Kentucky Fire Cured Just a Friend (6” x 52)
    2 x Nica Rustica El Brujito (6” x 52)
    2 x Joya de Nicaragua El Martillo (5.5” x 54)

1 x JetLine Quad Torch Gun Metal Lighter

1 x Cherrywood 20-Capacity Humidor
    1 x Dual Blade Guillotine Cutter

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    A little chilly out here, but the glass of Michter's should take care of that.
    0f3a3f81200b9c3bce4d8b95eba9f8bf.jpg

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Met up with Ingomike yesterday for a smoke at Cigar Box in Carmel. He bought me a nice My Father Connecticut. (Thanks again sir.)

It was my first time to the Cigar Box and I will certainly be back. It was very clean, had nice ventilation, comfy chairs, a friendly owner and at least three big flat screens. We watched a little of the Notre Dame game.

I didn't spend much time in the humidor, but they looked to have a nice selection.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Met up with Ingomike yesterday for a smoke at Cigar Box in Carmel. He bought me a nice My Father Connecticut. (Thanks again sir.)

It was my first time to the Cigar Box and I will certainly be back. It was very clean, had nice ventilation, comfy chairs, a friendly owner and at least three big flat screens. We watched a little of the Notre Dame game.

I didn't spend much time in the humidor, but they looked to have a nice selection.

My pleasure. Great to meet you...

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    So getting on cigarbid.com this time of night and going to the "ending soon" tab will cost you money. 5 packs of good cigars for $8 and a 5 pack of really good ones for $15. And i'm not done yet.

EDIT: A box of 20 Alec Bradly for $21.50. I better stop...

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I gave myself a mini cigar smoking physical challenge tonight with the fun weather we're having.

I've been meaning to toss my kids' Jack-o-Laterns for a week now, but hadn't gotten around to it. There were four pumpkins total, two small and jumbo sized. I live in an apartment complex so any trash has to be brought to the front of the complex to the trash compactor, which is a little more than a half mile walk from my apartment. I generally walk the trash up there because I'm a fat bastard and can use the exercise. Tonight I decided to mix in some extreme weather rucking and cigar smoking in order to complete the task of J-O-L disposal.

I hastily lit up a Carlos Taraño Dominico, threw the two smaller pumpkins inside the two large pumpkins like Russian nesting dolls and put each combo into its own paper grocery bag. Then both grocery bags went into a standard kitchen trash bag and I set off on my journey.

It turns out the kitchen trash bag was a poor choice, because the combined cargo weighed somewhere between 30-40 pounds and was awkward as hell. I started out with the bag up on my shoulder like a sack of potatoes, cigar between my teeth and a smile on my face. This worked OK for about the first 500 yards, but as I walked, the large globes shifted, with one sliding down each side of my shoulder. This immediately started putting undue stress on the trash bag and it began to rip.

I set everything down for a moment, took a few puffs on the cigar and re-positioned everything so I was basically holding a pumpkin in each arm in a bear hug type carry. I soldiered on, cigar still clenched in my teeth now walking headlong into the driving wind and snow. The weight wasn't so much the issue as the awkward grasp I had on the pumpkins and the cigar smoke blowing back into my face, up my nose and down my throat. By the time I got there the end of the thing was soaking wet, my slobber covering it like it was a St. Bernard's chew toy. The ash at the foot of the cigar looked like the nib of a fountain pen from the way it had burned while walking into the wind.

Ultimately I arrived at the compactor, dumped the orange orbs with a grin on my face and a song in my heart. I turned around and took the long way home, enjoying the rest of my misshapen and soggy cigar. I got a pretty good nicotine buzz out of the whole ordeal too.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Awesome. Friggin' awesome.

That's why I try real hard not to do any work while I'm having a cigar. The whole "inhaled a bunch and coughed up a lung" isn't fun.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Awesome. Friggin' awesome.

That's why I try real hard not to do any work while I'm having a cigar. The whole "inhaled a bunch and coughed up a lung" isn't fun.

It wasn't too bad. I used to smoke cigarettes and got pretty good at doing most things with a heater hanging out of my mouth without inhaling too much of it.

The problem was that I didn't spend the time to get the cigar properly lit and let it burn for a few minutes before taking off. Because I didn't have an even burn going I had to keep puffing like a mad man to keep it lit while fighting the wind.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom