What are you smoking or What do you enjoy smoking (Pipe & Cigar Thread)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Hamilton County
    Been out of the game mostly for the past few years. Maybe averaging 1 stick a month. Cleared out and had not restocked the humidors for a while. Recently got the bug again and started reseasoning the humidors and smoking regularly again. Man I really missed it. To be honest not even sure how I got away from it the past few years, life I guess. Starting a cigar journal to keep better track of what I like and dislike. Will report back soon!

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    Been out of the game mostly for the past few years. Maybe averaging 1 stick a month. Cleared out and had not restocked the humidors for a while. Recently got the bug again and started reseasoning the humidors and smoking regularly again. Man I really missed it. To be honest not even sure how I got away from it the past few years, life I guess. Starting a cigar journal to keep better track of what I like and dislike. Will report back soon!

We should start an ingo cigar log to help us all keep track of the good the bad and the ugly.

I've been smoking some hand rolled "cuban" cigars I picked up in florida. Some good some are ok. Hand rolled are real hit and miss on the quality of the roll.

Here's one of the good ones.

IMG_20201210_173822.jpg

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Hamilton County
    We should start an ingo cigar log to help us all keep track of the good the bad and the ugly.

I've been smoking some hand rolled "cuban" cigars I picked up in florida. Some good some are ok. Hand rolled are real hit and miss on the quality of the roll.

Here's one of the good ones.

View attachment 94520

I like that idea of a log. I downloaded this app call cigar scanner to help log my notes, ratings, and collection in humidors. Not sure how I feel about it yet, still messing around with it. Might have to go to an old fashion pen and paper log. I just like the idea of being able to take a picture of it in the log to help remind me what I have tried/own.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Torano Hogshead, I did not care for and I have to get through a bunch of them. They were fairly inexpensive, so.....

455 Beretta

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 20, 2013
    WLaf
    Logs and notes and all are fine, but I just found after a few years of trying out a different cigar almost every smoke that I would start to go back to a few that were memorable enough to not need a log. I’m pretty much down to 5 that are my favorites, and may try a new stick here or there, but my quest to find my favorite is well over.
    -Padron 2000
    -AF Don Carlos No 2
    -Punch Punch EMS
    -AF Short Story
    -Te Amo Meditations
    -CAO MX2

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Hamilton County

455 Beretta

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 20, 2013
    WLaf
    Yes, packed well, undamaged. Usually a little more humid than I’d like, but not bad. Also have ordered from Mike’s, Famous, Pipes & Cigars, and others, with no issues.

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Hamilton County
    Logs and notes and all are fine, but I just found after a few years of trying out a different cigar almost every smoke that I would start to go back to a few that were memorable enough to not need a log. I’m pretty much down to 5 that are my favorites, and may try a new stick here or there, but my quest to find my favorite is well over.
    -Padron 2000
    -AF Don Carlos No 2
    -Punch Punch EMS
    -AF Short Story
    -Te Amo Meditations
    -CAO MX2

Yeah I'm very much the same, usually circle back to same top 10 list from memory but I know I'm missing out on revisiting some other really good cigars I have had in favor of my top 10. For example, I generally do not care much for the light bodied stuff and really enjoy a full bodied cigar, but there are some really good ones that if the mood strikes I would enjoy but I always forget what ones they are since I generally go for medium to full bodied smokes.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I have never ordered from CI. How is their shipping? As in do they reliability come not damaged and proper humidity? I love nubs so I might have to give CI a shot. Mostly just buy from brick and motor store but open to one purchase if the quality is good.

If the whole east and midwest is in a deep freeze, you might wait until it warms up a little. My FIL ordered some a few years ago when the high temp was single digits for about a week. When they arrived, most of them had frozen and blew out. CI made it right.

I've always had good luck with them.

Also check out www.cigarbid.com

It's CI's auction site. Get on about 9:30 PM as most auctions end between 10 and 11 pm. You can score some great bargains.

This spring, I scored an entire box of White Gold by Alec Bradley for $20. Now they are a bargain grade of the brand usually selling for about $55 a box, but they are good.

Last edited:

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I have never ordered from CI. How is their shipping? As in do they reliability come not damaged and proper humidity? I love nubs so I might have to give CI a shot. Mostly just buy from brick and motor store but open to one purchase if the quality is good.
    I order at least monthly from them and have never had a problem. I have seen complaints on FB and figured that out. If you order stuff that is not in stock, you may not get it. I never order something not in stock so it hasn’t been a problem.

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy

Been ordering from them for years and and years I've never had a complaint or problem.

10mmMarc

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 16, 2015
    Greenwood
    I've been smoking San Cristobal Revelation , and for pipes I like my Peterson Kilarney Red or my Viking , a good everyday knock around you can't go wrong with a Crown.

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Hamilton County
    If the whole east and midwest is in a deep freeze, you might wait until it warms up a little. My FIL ordered some a few years ago when the high temp was single digits for about a week. When they arrived, most of them had frozen and blew out. CI made it right.

I've always had good luck with them.

Also check out www.cigarbid.com

It's CI's auction site. Get on about 9:30 PM as most auctions end between 10 and 11 pm. You can score some great bargains.

This spring, I scored an entire box of White Gold by Alec Bradley for $20. Now they are a bargain grade of the brand usually selling for about $55 a box, but they are good.

I order at least monthly from them and have never had a problem. I have seen complaints on FB and figured that out. If you order stuff that is not in stock, you may not get it. I never order something not in stock so it hasn’t been a problem.

Been ordering from them for years and and years I've never had a complaint or problem.

Thanks for the feedback guys, Im going to give them a shot!

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I'm going to need another humidor. (Probably going to be a tupperdor since all my money is going to go to the cigars lol)

On other note, I don't understand how they make any money on these cigar auction sites.

I think the idea is to get you to try something you normally wouldn't, a a reduced price, hoping you like them and then order more at a regular price when they are not on the auction.

Worked for me.

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Hamilton County
    Got a chance to enjoy two cigars this morning/afternoon:

1st up was a Kristoff Connecticut. It was a very mild stick that was very consistent and smooth throughout. Creamy smoothness that I enjoyed but generally I do not prefer a mild cigar. This was definitely a mild smoke but if you like that I think it was a really good one. Construction was great and it burned perfectly down to the last puff. Here was the ratings I logged it at:

Draw: 5/5
    Appearance: 4/5
    Burn: 5/5
    Aroma: 2/5
    Taste: 2/5

The cigars aroma and taste only scored low because this generally is just not my taste in a cigar, so that was a personal rating. If I liked a mild smoke more than I'm sure I would rate it higher.

2nd was a Tatuaje Cojonu 2012 Habano. On light up I got dark chocolate notes and spice. Throughout the session the spice held but it was still smooth. At the end I got a roasted nutty flavor coming into the mix. This was much more of what I usually go for. More a full bodied smoke but still smooth and didn't kick you in the mouth.

Here was the ratings I logged it at:

Draw: 4/5
    Appearance: 5/5
    Burn: 4/5
    Aroma: 5/5
    Taste: 4/5

Overall it was a good day!

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Hamilton County
    Big tanker, my wallet hates you for telling me about cigar bid! It's like crack, I'm Hooked! I scored pretty big last night. This morning's invoice had 50 cigars for $187.00 including shipping and taxes. I got a variety of smaller packs including Rocky Patel Alec Bradley Cohiba Oliva (series V melanio, one of my favorites.) and Kristoff.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom