• ...and so much more!
  • 88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Early 1990s AMT Hardballer standard size 1911. 75%reliable with fmj, worse with anything else. Twice slam fired on me when loading.

About 10 years ago, I was thinking that I wanted an AMT Hardballer as my first 1911. Fortunately for me, I couldn't find one and 'settled' for a Springfield Mil-Spec. Maybe I was not so fortunate in retrospect. Had I bought the AMT, I might have been put off on the 1911 platform and would have saved a bunch of money over the years. No, I WAS fortunate. 1911s have brought me a lot of joy over the years and I'm glad that I did not start with a lemon.

IndyTom

Expert
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Oct 3, 2013
    Fishers
    Savage Axis II. Magazine fell out every time I fired a shot. Contacted them, they sent me a replacement magazine...same thing. Hard to get familiar with a rifle when you have to reseat the magazine after every shot.

firefighterjohn

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 31, 2010
    Savage Axis II. Magazine fell out every time I fired a shot. Contacted them, they sent me a replacement magazine...same thing. Hard to get familiar with a rifle when you have to reseat the magazine after every shot.
    Wow, that would really suck, especially after getting a replacement mag!

Mine was a used Winchester 190 .22 I bought used. It had a nice checkered stock, decent scope, shot nice but cleaning it was a real pain. The long recoil spring fed back into hole in the stock and you had to push it back in coil-by-coil with with two screwdrivers. If you slipped on a coil...boing...out it shot across the room. Hell no! I cleaned it ONCE and traded it on a Marlin Model 60.

Max Volume

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    da region Highland
    Not a waste of money since I won it but Remington 597 .22. Shot it a couple of times maybe 20 years ago and it has sat in the safe ever since. There are vids about changing the ejector to make them reliable but I have other .22's so never bothered.

tcecil88

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 18, 2013
    @ the corner of IN, KY & OH.
    Every Beretta I ever bought. I love the way they look and feel, but I could not hit the broadside of a battleship with them. I managed to qualify in the military with the M9, but never was any good with them after the military. I always sold them off to fund another project.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    When I was 19 I decided to make my first firearm purchase. I was given a Browning BPS when I was 11, but I had decided I wanted an Over/Under shotgun. I had been at Dunham's a few times and had my eye on a great looking o/u. So I bought it, a Sarsilmaz 12g O/U, it was Turkish made and the guy at the gun counter did his job and sold it to me. Took it trap shooting and it was great...until I went pheasant hunting with it. First shot would fire everytime, but it wouldn't switch over and fire the 2nd round. Took it to 3 gunsmiths that couldn't find an explanation for the problem. So, I sat on it for awhile before selling it with a full disclosure to a coworker. I think he may have flipped it but Idk.

Another was a Taurus Millenial. Took it out for the first range trip and after about 75rnds it wouldn't fire. Sent it in for repair and found out the firing pin broke. Received it back and went to the range...and it broke again. Traded it in toward a Ruger.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    When I was 19 I decided to make my first firearm purchase. I was given a Browning BPS when I was 11, but I had decided I wanted an Over/Under shotgun. I had been at Dunham's a few times and had my eye on a great looking o/u. So I bought it, a Sarsilmaz 12g O/U, it was Turkish made and the guy at the gun counter did his job and sold it to me. Took it trap shooting and it was great...until I went pheasant hunting with it. First shot would fire everytime, but it wouldn't switch over and fire the 2nd round. Took it to 3 gunsmiths that couldn't find an explanation for the problem. So, I sat on it for awhile before selling it with a full disclosure to a coworker. I think he may have flipped it but Idk.

Another was a Taurus Millenial. Took it out for the first range trip and after about 75rnds it wouldn't fire. Sent it in for repair and found out the firing pin broke. Received it back and went to the range...and it broke again. Traded it in toward a Ruger.

Please say you didn't let that BPS slip out of your grasp as part of getting to that O/U lemon.
    I've never personally handled one, but I've heard lots of favorable comments from those who have one.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    OMG this brings back a memory. When I was about 16 I borrowed a single shot (forgot brand) 16 gauge from a high school friend.
    My brother and his friend and me were hunting in high corn. We did not see a thing. When i returned to the car. I found out I lost the front stock.
    I purchased the 16 gauge for $10.00 what he paid his friend for it.
    At 16 I was the scrawny kid on the block. When my brother and I went to shoot trap.
    Everyone would laugh. Every shot I took. My front leg went a good foot up off the ground.
    When I went into the Air Force. My Dad stole I mean sold everything that was mine.
    Well I was use to that. He did it my first 18 years of my life. And then after I was married and on my own.
    After he died. I found things that I was missing.

I just remembered the 16 gauge shotgun was a "Savage".

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    Beretta 84FS, not because of any fault of the gun but because it was bought for my wife without her presence and having tried it. Nice gun for a .380 but she couldn't work with the open top slide. Not enough to the sides for her to slingshot so she overhand-racked it and got the heel of her hand bit between the breech and chamber. After that it was that evil malicious bitey gun she didn't even want to hold much less shoot.

Top Bottom