• ...and so much more!
  • 1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    My 8 year old didn't whine that much. What a silly. In fact he wanted to shoot it the rest of the day. But we ran out of ammo.

BADWOLF

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 24, 2015
    Small Town USA
    I had to send an email response to this Jack wagon
    Here it is in its full txt......

Take this from a gay man, you must be the panty wearing, nelleist, queen employed by this paper... For starters there is not a fully automatic mode in an AR-15 PERIOD. They aren't designed for nor is it LEGAL to convert one to full automatic. By the way its a Felony to do so.

Second I'm sorry you find a small caliber rifle with a bullet diameter 3 one hundredths on an inch larger than a 22LR squirrel rifle so formidable and scary, oh sorry "horrifying & menacing" since you say you have shot handguns before I would be interested in knowing the type. FYI BB & pellet guns don't count.

Third and foremost Helen Ubinas has no clue as to what it takes to do a background check time wise and the paperwork that ensues after the transaction, I can guarantee that just the upfront paperwork takes a half hour, then theirs faxing, copying, double checking before all is said and done. But if the FBI sends the proceed for the sale. We're kind of expecting the FBI to be doing due diligence, kind of like what you should be doing when you're writing an article. Fact-checking is a wonderful thing.

But to sum thing up I would be interested in receiving a rebuttal from you one gay man to an other. Preferably I would be interested in seeing this as a posted response to your article and open up a comments section.... Don't be afraid people will be honest.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    If this ****ing ***** ever shot a Mosin, he'd know what horrifying is! :laugh:

My GF calls my AR15 "The Girlie Gun"! She enjoys shooting it but won't touch any of the Garands because she said it looks like they could hurt after a few clips! You gotta love the WWII stuff!

Oh yeah, and Kuntzman. . . .you might consider changing that name to Kuntzgurlieman!:rockwoot:

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    Firing an AR-15 is horrifying, menacing and very very loud - NY Daily News
    What is it like to fire an AR-15? It’s horrifying, menacing and very very loud

Some zingers.
    But mostly, I was just terrified.
    The recoil bruised my shoulder. The brass shell casings disoriented me as they flew past my face. The smell of sulfur and destruction made me sick. The explosions — loud like a bomb — gave me a temporary case of PTSD. For at least an hour after firing the gun just a few times, I was anxious and irritable.

And this gem
    In fully automatic mode, it doesn’t take any imagination to see dozens of bodies falling in front of your barrel.

WTF??????

I sent a note to the editor:

"This article contains next to zero facts and I strongly suspect it's entirely fabricated. I've shot both the AR-15 platform and the M4 Military platform extensively and his claim about the recoil is pure fiction. The force exerted on the shoulder is nearly zero...not much more than a rimfire. Of course it's loud, but not any more loud than other rifles and certainly not beyond the capability of even poor ear protection. Brass casings do not fly across the face, the expended casings exit the receiver through the door away from the shooter on the opposite side of the receiver. Further, it's a magazine not a clip, there's no such thing as a 40-round magazine for the AR-15 and since it's a semi-automatic rifle there's no way anyone - not even a professional shooter - can empty a 30-round magazine in less than five seconds. It's impossible. There is no "fully automatic mode" for an AR-15 or variant rifle. A similar fully automatic rifle would be the military M4. To own one in the US first one must obtain the federal license stamp (an additional $200) and be registered with the FBI. Mateen had none of that. However, he did pass two different background checks and neither of them prevented him from obtaining a license or working as a security guard so one might conclude expanding an obviously flawed system isn't the answer either.

If you remove the misinformation and fabrications from your article, you won't have an article."

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    What I want to really know is what trigger that AR had. Must be one ultra sweet trigger to be able to get off 40 shots in less than 5 seconds.

Notice the way he implies that AR-15's are capable of automatic fire.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    My GF calls my AR15 "The Girlie Gun"! She enjoys shooting it but won't touch any of the Garands because she said it looks like they could hurt after a few clips! You gotta love the WWII stuff!

Oh yeah, and Kuntzman. . . .you might consider changing that name to Kuntzgurlieman!:rockwoot:

I kind of have the idea that girly man would be an accurate family friendly English translation of his Germanic name.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I know a few guys that can run the trigger on an AR/AK like a boss. No where near full auto but they can run-em.

Well, I suppose there's bump-fire. Probably not of much practical use though, not if you want to hit a specific target.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I sent a note to the editor:

"This article contains next to zero facts and I strongly suspect it's entirely fabricated. I've shot both the AR-15 platform and the M4 Military platform extensively and his claim about the recoil is pure fiction. The force exerted on the shoulder is nearly zero...not much more than a rimfire. Of course it's loud, but not any more loud than other rifles and certainly not beyond the capability of even poor ear protection. Brass casings do not fly across the face, the expended casings exit the receiver through the door away from the shooter on the opposite side of the receiver. Further, it's a magazine not a clip, there's no such thing as a 40-round magazine for the AR-15 and since it's a semi-automatic rifle there's no way anyone - not even a professional shooter - can empty a 30-round magazine in less than five seconds. It's impossible. There is no "fully automatic mode" for an AR-15 or variant rifle. A similar fully automatic rifle would be the military M4. To own one in the US first one must obtain the federal license stamp (an additional $200) and be registered with the FBI. Mateen had none of that. However, he did pass two different background checks and neither of them prevented him from obtaining a license or working as a security guard so one might conclude expanding an obviously flawed system isn't the answer either.

If you remove the misinformation and fabrications from your article, you won't have an article."

Only one nit. There are 40 rnd mags for ARs.

MuttX7

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2015
    Monroe County

I saw that. Made a reply about it on another forum to the anti-gunners there.

I know a few guys that can run the trigger on an AR/AK like a boss. No where near full auto but they can run-em.

I have seen a video about a trigger that fires on each pull and again at release, also seen some Giselle trigger videos that show some awful fast shooting but like you said, no where near full auto. I don't think this guy has a trigger job done anyway.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth

He doesn't just imply. He straight up lies by claiming it is capable of full auto fire.

Even in semi-automatic mode, it is very simple to squeeze off two dozen rounds before you even know what has happened. In fully automatic mode, it doesn’t take any imagination to see dozens of bodies falling in front of your barrel.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Well, I suppose there's bump-fire. Probably not of much practical use though, not if you want to hit a specific target.
    Well, unless you are Jerry Miculek or close.

He can put six rounds on target in a second. Then again, I think he is a robot.

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    If this ****ing ***** ever shot a Mosin, he'd know what horrifying is! :laugh:

The fireball alone from a '44 or '38 would put him into a catatonic state. I would be willing to let him shoot my .416 Rigby so he could understand what real recoil is but I doubt he could lift the rifle and he would probably faint upon seeing the cartridge.

Top Bottom