• ...and so much more!
  • patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    LOL. Let me get this straight. Firing a few rounds, each one like firing a 'bazooka' and as loud as a 'cannon', gave you a case of PTSD.

Then you tell me that firing off 24 rounds is simple and easy.

Go change your tampon.

My ex-wife qualified with the M60 M/G when she was 6 mos pregnant. Tell this whiny b%»¥|\¿ to go pound sand.

Hkindiana

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Southern Hills
    The first time I qualified with an M16 in ROTC, the instructor put an M16 between his legs (with the weapon contacting HIS weapon) and emptied a magazine in full auto. He did this to show us that the M16 has virtually NO FELT RECOIL. How was thus pansy reporters shoulder bruised from firing an AR15?

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    The first time I qualified with an M16 in ROTC, the instructor put an M16 between his legs (with the weapon contacting HIS weapon) and emptied a magazine in full auto. He did this to show us that the M16 has virtually NO FELT RECOIL. How was thus pansy reporters shoulder bruised from firing an AR15?

Hint: It isn't.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    "Mr." Kuntzman has printed a follow-up article. Not surprisingly, he's playing the victim card because he's been called out for his AR-15 post. Still a lot of BS.

To gun lovers, you can't even have an opinion on assault rifles - NY Daily News

A few choice quotes if you don't want to give their site the ad revenue:
    I found the sheer power of the weapon horrifying.
    An AR-15 is a weapon of mass destruction
    we need more real men in power taking on bullies like the NRA, which seeks to bolster the Second Amendment by shutting down opponents’ right to the First [Funny, I don't recall a single person trying to restrain his right to speak with such a high level of stupidity.]
    I support the Second Amendment.
    I simpered because my experience with the AR-15 bruised me, body and spirit.

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    "Educated at the Sorbonne and the Yale School of Drama" Having been a theatre major (albeit technical not acting. One of the (drama) profs commuted from IL to CT to teach at Yale also) that explains a lot.

Pardon the vulgarity but my 3yo daughter has bigger balls than that author. (At daycare a while back another kid kept bugging her, she told him to go away, he kept at it, she told him off again, he head butted her, she head butted him back, he ran off in tears.)

On a more objective note, it's a matter of perspective. To someone used to a quiet office with some safe-place cubbies in the back, I'm sure firing an AR is terrifying. This probably is the loudest thing he's ever experienced. How do we improve perspective? someone take him to a machine gun shoot or let him shoot a real bazooka.;)

To his second article:
    A weapon of mass destruction? So a semi-auto AR15 is in the same category as chemical and nuclear weapons?
    What if someone invented nukes that could be carried and fired by one person like a rifle? Davy Crockett. (OK not exactly his criteria but...)

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I don't mind if he says the AR-15 his terrifying. That's just a matter of opinion to which he is entitled. But if he wants to admit that he's terrified by it, we get to call him a *****. Bruised shoulder? I dunno, maybe if he ran his shoulder into a wall first. I'm just not buying that.

I don't mind him calling it terrifying. I mind that he's lying. The gun he described is not available for citizens to purchase by only filling out a 4473. To get that gun, you need the $200 tax stamp, registration, and of course, several months of waiting before you can get it. The gun he shot most certainly can't empty a 40rd "clip" in whatever few seconds as he implied. He intentionally exaggerated his experience to make the AR sound more like the weapon of war they want it to be.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    I have a .45-70 lever gun standing by to give 'it' a point of reference. I'll even supply the Cor-Bon 460gr hard cast safari loads.

He want's some PTSD? Giving other people PTSD has been my life's work, come and get some girly boy.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    If someone is coming to kill you, you will not get a choice of what death to face...they will choose the tool which you must defend against. Defend or die.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    manpon.jpg

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    The first AR style rifle I fired was an M16A1 that my Uncle issued to me. A Drill Sergeant fired it fully automatic at arms length to show the lack of recoil.

He also placed the butt on his crotch and fired a full mag to demonstrate the same thing.

When I fired it, I noticed that the recoil was much less than my 12ga and even less than my .410. It did not make me feel invincible, superhuman, violent or angry.

...I did feel a bit more like "the Hand of God" when I was trained on the M60E3...until I saw an M2, and later an M242 Bushmaster.

Top Bottom