What is the most expensive gun in your collection?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • edsinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 14, 2009
    NE Indiana
    Well before the boating accident in the Ohio near Evansville, a 39A that was my dads and was given to my son......I will be there when they dredge the river...

Modhydro

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 14, 2009
    Sentimental value

My family became very close friends with an older guy after he lost his son a year earlier. He had a great piece of property where I could take my two young sons shooting smaller stuff. Lou loved guns and the outdoors. One day when he was coming over to our place for dinner, he got out of his truck and handed me an older, well used rifle. He had just passed on to me the gun he built in high school as a shop project in 1953. Imagine your kids asking to do that today! It is an Arisaka action Chambered to a 6.5 Roberts, but with the shoulder about .050 longer and the neck about another .100", a true wildcat. It was quite a challenge to figure out what it was and find a mix of dies to reload for it but we got it sorted out. Lou loaded handgun and his brother in law did the rifle stuff. He had long since lost track of the dies that they had for it. It had made many trips to Utah for deer in its lifetime as well as general pest control on thier farm in Brownsburg. For something a kid put together at around 15 years old, it is one "bubba" gun that I am very proud to own and enjoy. I refinished the stock to show off the nice grain and inlay details that were largely hidden by 60 year old finsish. The only downside is that at only 6# it really has a whallop to it. My youngest boy (12) says the kick hurts all way to his ankles! He still has a hard time putting it down though. This summer we are taking it out to Utah where Lou used to hunt with it to fire some of his ashes in the mountains as we lost our friend this past spring.

Arisaka10.jpg

Arisaka11.jpg

Arisaka9.jpg

andyrping

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Greensburg, Pennsylvania
    My family became very close friends with an older guy after he lost his son a year earlier. He had a great piece of property where I could take my two young sons shooting smaller stuff. Lou loved guns and the outdoors. One day when he was coming over to our place for dinner, he got out of his truck and handed me an older, well used rifle. He had just passed on to me the gun he built in high school as a shop project in 1953. Imagine your kids asking to do that today! It is an Arisaka action Chambered to a 6.5 Roberts, but with the shoulder about .050 longer and the neck about another .100", a true wildcat. It was quite a challenge to figure out what it was and find a mix of dies to reload for it but we got it sorted out. Lou loaded handgun and his brother in law did the rifle stuff. He had long since lost track of the dies that they had for it. It had made many trips to Utah for deer in its lifetime as well as general pest control on thier farm in Brownsburg. For something a kid put together at around 15 years old, it is one "bubba" gun that I am very proud to own and enjoy. I refinished the stock to show off the nice grain and inlay details that were largely hidden by 60 year old finsish. The only downside is that at only 6# it really has a whallop to it. My youngest boy (12) says the kick hurts all way to his ankles! He still has a hard time putting it down though. This summer we are taking it out to Utah where Lou used to hunt with it to fire some of his ashes in the mountains as we lost our friend this past spring.

A beaut! We made bird houses in my shop class.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Nothing fancy in our collection.

Most expensive is probably my SA XD9sc, my daily carry.

Most important is a Sears Model 1 single shot .22. My Mom gave it to my Dad as a wedding present. When Dad was killed, it became mine at the age of 9. Now, it's my son's. Hopefully, someday I'll be able to take my grandkid hunting with his newly acquired Sears .22 :)

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    Questions like this always have some people thinking it's a ploy...which you never know. Might as well ask...what is the combo to your safe and what hours do you work ;)

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Questions like this always have some people thinking it's a ploy...which you never know. Might as well ask...what is the combo to your safe and what hours do you work ;)
    It could be construed that way by the ones who are paranoid, however my intentions were merely for discussion. You see lot's of people bragging about their everyday weapons that anyone can and does own, but never a thread about a high dollar gun someone owns, or the stories behind some of great-grandpa's .22s in the gunsafes. I have enjoyed reading some of the posts, and the boating accidents made it humorous.

I certainly had no bad intentions.

wtfd661

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    North East Indiana
    Mine is my Kimber Tactical Ultra II, paid just under a grand for it. I used money from a small trust fund that my dad left me after he passed away. I carry it most everyday as my CC and think of him whenever I put it on. So for me it's priceless.

Wheezy50

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Morgan County
    Mine's not that expensive, but it means a lot to me. 11-87 premier I bought brand new for $500 a few yrs ago. Took me several months saving a few extra bucks here and there.

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Most expensive might be relative to what you could sell it for so my most valuable firearm is one that is still pretty cheap to buy.

My great-grandmothers pillow pistol. An Iver Johnson top break blackpowder 32.

StrayDog

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2009
    South West
    Remind me to never go boating with you guys... Awfully heavily armed for a day out on the water weren't you?? On second thought, maybe i should go boating with you guys, it sounds like a blast..

haldir

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2008
    Goshen
    Most important... that is tough. Model 97 16 gauge that was my Dad's shotgun and the muzzle loader that has been in the family since before the War of Northern Aggression.

Most valuable probably the M1A NM with the Mk IV scope on it.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Remind me to never go boating with you guys... Awfully heavily armed for a day out on the water weren't you?? On second thought, maybe i should go boating with you guys, it sounds like a blast..

That's not the point. All of these posters lack even a rudimentary knowledge of boating safety.
    Haven't you noticed that they, with little exception, seem unable to make it back to shore with their most prized possessions?
    What do you think your chances of returning would be??

Not me pal. Call me a land lover but I'm not going around anything deeper than a puddle with this crew. :twocents:

Top Bottom