• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    I believe in ghosts. From experience. I don't care to explain. Take it for what it's worth, or not.

Yup. I thought it was all hooey until I lived in a 100 year old house in Terrible Haute. We even named the spirit that lived there...Clarence I think it was. I saw things I can’t explain with logic in that house. Have not seen anything even remotely similar since then.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Not necessarily believe... but I observe...

-picking up face up coins, face down stay where they are
    -black cats cross my intended path, I find another route
    -won't walk under latters
    -when I had hair, after cutting it was never thrown/swept outside
    -never step over a child
    -avoid eating anything with red sauce made by a women I have just started to date
    -keeping a low profile during Friday 13th and on full moons

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

-never step over a child
    -avoid eating anything with red sauce made by a women I have just started to date

I step over children. The screaming and crying just got to be too much when I stepped ON them. ;)

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

-never step over a child

Interesting on the coins. I was a "See a penny pick it up" guy.Face up or down. Might explain dome things....:):

I see a bit of voodoo in some of this Kut. I know a couple of folks that have these very same beliefs.

Steel and wood

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2016
    Tipton
    If I give you my knife opened I want it back open you should not close it and Vice versa. If I find a penny heads up it goes in my right shoe, if not it goes in my left pocket. I carry all change in my right pocket. Any other coins I find just make me that much closer to my custom 1911.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    One of my parents was born on a Friday the 13th, so a lot of the usual superstitions I don't have. One of the few:

Death comes in 3s

Full moons; drivers and people in general get weird....er

Never believed in the knife thing, either opening/closing or the penny. If possible I hand a knife closed more as a courtesy

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Never walk under a ladder. More of a safety thing.

I also pick up pennies. And any other money I find.

We push to production on Thursday at noon. Have the rest of the day, and Friday, to clean up the mess before the weekend.

I do knock on wood. Don't really know why.

Truly believe in Murphy's Law and all corollaries. Something invariably goes wrong, and it is comforting to know it was supposed to.

We had a black cat. Some cultures believe it is GOOD luck. I'm running with that one.

Bad luck in groups (comes in three, next shoe drops, etc...). In my world, when something breaks (#1) and gets fixed, it only exposes the next weakest component (numbers 2 and 3).

Mondays. Enough said.

No open umbrellas indoors.

I keep the gas tank above half, never travel more than I care to walk without my tool bag and recovery gear, never leave without my GHB, etc... Related to Murphy's Laws above.

Oh, and for this group: check if loaded, and check again.

The human brain is uniquely suited to find patterns. When we experience something unexpected (good luck or bad), we innately tie the experience to something we did/had at the moment. When it happens again (by chance, or by plan), and we have the thing/behavior again, then WOW it is must bring us luck.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    One of my parents was born on a Friday the 13th, so a lot of the usual superstitions I don't have. One of the few:

Death comes in 3s

Full moons; drivers and people in general get weird....er

Never believed in the knife thing, either opening/closing or the penny. If possible I hand a knife closed more as a courtesy

Just don't fold up my fixed blade please. :):

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    My wife thinks that putting shoes on the table or counter is bad luck, as well as a slew of other things. All handed down from the Irish side of her family.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    A young man just recounted a story from this years deer season about a haint.
    He was hunting on Goosetown ridge in a tree stand and heard a wagon and horse team bouncing down a old trail that runs along the top of the ridge.
    According to him you could hear the horses snorting, the rattle of the bits, the wheels squeaking? He heard this on two occasions just before day light the old trail hasn’t been in use for over 100 years and has deep ruts from wagons still visible.

I have no superstitious beliefs but stories like Indies and this young man sometimes make me think when in the deep woods!

Top Bottom