• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • atticachert

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2016
    NWI
    I have two that are rare. First, Marlin 39M Octagon, only made 1200 of them and only in 1973. Second is a 1951 Marlin 39A "peanut" rifle, only made with brass "peanut" insert for HALF of 1951 due to brass needed for Korean War effort.

those both sound like great guns buddy. Im not familar with the peanut rifle. never seen one

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    Well, I also have these, they are 22 shorts…sorry they are handguns… :(

First is a H&R Freedom America double action revolver'
    KdRhfOU.jpg

FZoXIey.jpg

seven rounds of fun
    XYIfDQo.jpg

This one is made by American Standard, single action, 8 rounds and is loaded by tipping the barrel up and removing the cylinder…
    E6KvFA5.jpg

9QbCmDO.jpg

Both have octagonal barrels and I shoot only CB's out of them because they are old and while they are in great shape, I want to take it easy on them…

atticachert

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2016
    NWI
    Well, I also have these, they are 22 shorts…sorry they are handguns… :(

First is a H&R Freedom America double action revolver'
    KdRhfOU.jpg

FZoXIey.jpg

seven rounds of fun
    XYIfDQo.jpg

This one is made by American Standard, single action, 8 rounds and is loaded by tipping the barrel up and removing the cylinder…
    E6KvFA5.jpg

9QbCmDO.jpg

Both have octagonal barrels and I shoot only CB's out of them because they are old and while they are in great shape, I want to take it easy on them…
    those are also very cool. How old is the bottom one?

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    those are also very cool. How old is the bottom one?
    I don't know, I bought this one used. It does shoot well with the CB's as does the other one. I guess I could ask American Standard but they mare not know either since records weren't well kept and they aren't around now anyway so I wouldn't know who to contact.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I have got an old Remington Targetmaster Model 41 that has won me a few hams and $100 bills at indoor turkey shoots and a Savage model 72 that I guess qualifies as an old rifle....1972 IIRC...That doesn't seem that old to me until I do the math and realize I was six years old when it was made....:)

atticachert

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2016
    NWI
    I have got an old Remington Targetmaster Model 41 that has won me a few hams and $100 bills at indoor turkey shoots and a Savage model 72 that I guess qualifies as an old rifle....1972 IIRC...That doesn't seem that old to me until I do the math and realize I was six years old when it was made....:)

shooting guns and putting food on the table.... doesnt get much better than that.

jimbo-indy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    N.W. Indy
    Have the Remington 341P that was my father's. Date code indicates it was built in 1938. This is the rifle I learned to shoot with. Still an accurate shooter. Some day, I will shoot some 50 yd. groups with target grade ammo and see how it compares to my CZ 453 . Bet it will be close.

atticachert

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2016
    NWI
    Have the Remington 341P that was my father's. Date code indicates it was built in 1938. This is the rifle I learned to shoot with. Still an accurate shooter. Some day, I will shoot some 50 yd. groups with target grade ammo and see how it compares to my CZ 453 . Bet it will be close.

the 341's and 34's amaze me how they work and cycle shells. very nice gun and a p to boot

jimbo-indy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    N.W. Indy
    The 341P is in very good condition. Dad wasn't a big shooter, got it as a birthday present from his brother in law. Probably doesn't have more than 500 rounds through it.

roughthumbs

Plinker
    Rating - 95.5%
    21   1   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    Huntertown
    I have/had some nice rare .22's. I just purchased my dream property and sold some great 22's along with other guns to get it. One of them was an ultra RARE Remington model 10 SMOOTHBORE with the 20" barrel, another is a colt lightning small frame 22 in mint condition like it left the factory, another is a star tang model 39 marlin with an "s" prefix, and the last one that I sold for the property was a thumb trigger Winchester. My favorite though not nearly as rare as those others is a Stevens model 414 that at some point was converted to a carbine. It's a dream to shoot and I still shoot it often. The others were beautiful and rare and in 99% condition and I just couldn't think of shooting them. My true favorite .22's are my collection of Alonzo Crull Custom Colt's. Only 300 made!

I like GUNS!

Last edited:

atticachert

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2016
    NWI
    I have/had some nice rare .22's. I just purchased my dream property and sold some great 22's along with other guns to get it. One of them was an ultra RARE Remington model 10 SMOOTHBORE with the 20" barrel, another is a colt lightning small frame 22 in mint condition like it left the factory, another is a star tang model 39 marlin with an "s" prefix, and the last one that I sold for the property was a thumb trigger Winchester. My favorite though not nearly as rare as those others is a Stevens model 414 that at some point was converted to a carbine. It's a dream to shoot and I still shoot it often. The others were beautiful and rare and in 99% condition and I just couldn't think of shooting them. My true favorite .22's are my collection of Alonzo Crull Custom Colt's. Only 300 made!

Hold on ive gotta wipe the drool off my keyboard on that one. Smoothbore model 10...killer for sure and a marlin 39 in that condition is almost unheard of. I bet those where very hard to let go....

flightsimmer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    I have a model 1915 Stevens/Savage "Favorite" in 22lr that my uncle left to me when he passed several years ago.
    I would post pictures but Photo Bucket had a fit and I haven't tried to find another site to post them.
    It's in really good shape and I keep it in a gun case to protect it.

Lanternman

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 5, 2017
    East Central
    I have a Polish WZ-48 trainer (looks like a Mosin 91/30) ...

I saw one of these at my LGS this morning and found it quite appealing. I would agree it was a durable build.

The 400.00 price made me pass. Seems like a lot for what I wouldn't look at as a precision rifle.

Maybe it's worth that just for the neat factor.

I'll probably think it over until it's gone.

Top Bottom