• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • billt

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2010
    Glendale, Arizona
    The only downside to these pistols is that they are a bit tricky to take apart and put back together.

I have a total of 3 Ruger .22 semi auto pistols. 2 Mark II's and a Mark III. I have never found the need to disassemble them for any reason to clean them. It is totally unnecessary, and can often lead to frustration, and in some cases, damage to the gun itself. When they require a thorough cleaning I simply remove the magazine, lock the bolt open, and using a brush with a coffee can filled with clean Kerosene, or WD-40, (WD-40 smells better and is easier to obtain), I completely wet clean the entire pistol, flooding it liberally and using a short bristled paint brush to wash out any and all dirt and accumulated powder residue. You won't believe how much will come out. WD-40 and or Kerosene are avaliable from Home Depot and Lowe's in gallon size cans very reasonably, and neither one will harm wood grips or any plastic parts on the gun.

Once you have completely washed the weapon clean I then give it a blow dry with compressed air, being sure to blow out the bolt along with all of the nooks and crannies in the grip and magazine well. After that I give all moving surfaces a good oiling, and wipe the pistol down with oil as well. The gun will be as clean as if you disassembled it without all of the hassles and problems associated with taking these weapons apart. Especially when you consider the fact there is no advantage to doing it. Bill T.

bk1330

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2010
    Jeffersonville,IN
    I have a smith and wesson 22s target model I like it alot. I also have a gsg 1911 .22lr and I am a big fan of it. I love all ruger .22 handguns except the mark III because with it you can put the magazine in backwards and it won't come back out you have to take the entire gun apart. Don't ask!!!!!

killer1202

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2009
    When it comes to carrying as a backup,I perfer the walther p22 over the sig mosquito. The walther p22 is very accurate out of the box and has a light frame. Small enough frame to put in your pocket or conceal anywhere on your body.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne

I have the threaded version on the way. I'll let you know how it compares.

I used to have a P22 but thought it was a pain to tear down. Recently replaced it with a GSG 1911, and I've only had about 50 rounds down the pipe with no complaints so far.

Ones I've heard are some of the best would be the Ruger Mark II and the Browning Buckmark.

Oh, besides the bad picture... everyone needs this combo:
    5216613712_782f691703_z.jpg

Last edited:

gunwh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    The best 22 lr hand gun is a supressed one. :): I like the P22 but really there are so many good ones out there that function well. If your looking for hastle free then look at a revolver. I say this for the simple fact 22 Lr's are dirty rounds and your bound to have miss feeds or stove pipes from any simi auto. But if you want the option of being supressed then look at the Walther or Sig. there the best bang for the buck. (and yes that is purly my oppinion.)

smokestack

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 17, 2010
    Lafayette
    I just bought a used Walther P22. My son and I put about 400 rounds through it with no problems. It's the most popular 22 out there for a reason, it works everytime you pull the trigger and it's relatively cheap.

Brett244

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    Plainfield
    S&W 22a... I got mine brand new for 250.00.. It has cracked off over 550 rounds of walmart federal rounds without one issue. Very accurately I might add. Not quite the most comfortable fit for a big hand, but it suites well enough.

roundball

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2010
    nine mile wa.
    I have a Mark 111. It is called a tarket model but it had a really hard trigger. I had to buy a better trigger from Midway and had fried at the range put it in for $25.00. I think it cost $550.00. is really great now but I think a little heavy for a woman depending on what she wants to use it for.

Bluedragon

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    If we are talking semi auto...I personally like the Browning Buckmark or Beretta 21A bobcat.. in terms of revolvers.. I would say the Ruger Bearcat.

Top Bottom