• ...and so much more!
  • lizerdking

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 7, 2012
    Almost on lake Mich
    https://www.sweetmarias.com/category/green-coffee

https://www.amazon.com/West-Bend-82...1491338582&sr=8-1&keywords=west+bend+air&th=1

https://www.amazon.com/Aeropress-Co...UTF8&qid=1491338632&sr=1-3&keywords=aeropress

Anything from Africa. I'm enjoying the some stuff from madagascar right now. Takes a few minutes to roast in the air popper, then grind and put through the aeropress for some seriously strong coffee. Best to wait about 3 days after roasting to let it calm down some. I try to roast up a few batches over the weekend and stay ahead.

I have a problem just doing things normal :dunno:

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    Try the Peet's Brand K Cups. Do a dark or deep roast version. Their Major Dickason's and Sumatra are pretty good. But like all coffee, it's better brewed than out of the Kuerig (which isn't awful)

Someone clue me in on BlackRifle coffee and where to get some. Do they make a Mass Legal version? ;)

sljccj

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2017
    Franklin
    ThatISgood

Im not a big coffee drinker but last year while in hawaii we visted thunder mtn coffee had it fresh brewed there. Its very good.
    We bought several bags. We leave 12 May going back for vacation. Im sure we will go back to buy more.

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    Hey , Thanks. I'm a quality over quantity when it comes to coffee. Not a true coffee snob, if it's good, it's good. There's a gas station chain out here that sells it's own ground coffee. Tied Dunkin Donuts in a taste test.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    I've been drinking my coffee out of a Keurig. I usually just buy Folger's Classic roast or the Black silk. I'd like to venture out to other brands and maybe a different way to make my coffee.

So, learn me. What's the best coffee? What's the best, and easy, way to make coffee? I don't want to get too fancy.

I've also just heard about the Black Rifle Coffee. Anyone try that?

Best and easiest don't go together usually!

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    I've been doing this

2-22-16-Crio-Bru-056.jpg

for a while. Really good stuff. It's roasted and gound cocoa beans. Yep. Real hot chocolate.

I mix it 50/50 with a good strong coffee. I'm not that particular about one brand or another. Folgers works for me.

I also add real irish butter instead of cream. It's heavenly.
    How is it without coffee? I hate coffee but love chocolate!

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    How is it without coffee? I hate coffee but love chocolate!

Absolutely great. Try it. I think you will really like it. You'll need a wire mesh filter instead of a paper one.

I mix it most of the time with coffee because it's about $1 an ounce. But I do make it straight too. It's caffeine free so I can drink it closer to bed time and not have a hard time going to sleep. It has theobromine in it. Instead of a quick energy boost, then a crash, it's a more gentle increase and decrease.

Amazon is they only place I can find it up here. Some of the bigger Whole Foods stock it.

Last edited:

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    Keurig coffee isn't great... It's just incredibly convenient.

Convenience is what they sell. Also rather expensive. Often use the Keurig during the week and the convenience is my wife's preference all the time. Dunkin Donuts is what we currently have stocked.

Grinding beans and using a French press seems like a lot of work.

Get an AeroPress. The great flavor of French Press but really easy cleanup. Grinding is a pain too. If you are not a purist just buy freshly ground coffee from a local roaster (actual roaster, not a reseller). I just buy small quantities frequently.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    What all do you need if you wanted to do the French press method?
    Just buy a cheap French Press and ask for your beans to be ground courser for a French Press. Otherwise just a kettle to boil water and a spoon to measure coffee. A good grinder is a bit expensive to "test out" a new method and you can buy it later.

I used to use a French Press until a friend got me hooked on the AeroPress.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Panama Altura or similar high altitude coffee (Jamaican Blue mountain is one, as is Kona to a lesser extent). Medium body, full acidity (clean finish) with elevated caffeine

For some of the less widespread cultivars you need to find a coffee shop that roasts its own beans and can thus offer a wider variety (if their business model so dictates)

Top Bottom