What's your favorite YouTube gun channel?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Not really a channel on guns, but I do like their hunting DVD's.
    Trailers posted on their YT channel.

[video=youtube;X8eKVqCvPQQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8eKVqCvPQQ[/video]

Last edited:

canterbc

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 13, 2012
    Noblesville
    Nothing that hasn't been mentioned so far.

TheYankeeMarshall- usually pretty entertaining
    Mrgunsngear - good reviewer
    Military Arms Channel - always good info
    nutnfancy - a bit long winded, but thoroughly reviews and isn't afraid to give a bad review
    Sootch00 - good info
    SensiblePrepper - another Sootch00 channel, I just like the guy.
    Colion Noir - enjoy all of his stuff

I know I'm in the minority, but I don't really enjoy Hickok45 all that much. He's a great shooter so he makes everything look good. I haven't really seen him be all that negative about a gun ever. Maybe I've just missed it when he's bashed something, but I'd like to hear the good reviews as well as the bad ones to help me decide on purchases. Don't get me wrong, I watch him often, I just don't get as much enjoyment.

Last edited:

bbucking

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2016
    Monroe County
    Iraqivet8888 and Hickok 45 are great in there own ways. Personally I enjoy watching iraqivet8888 a little better because he has some gunsmith videos and all kinds of random videos.

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Iraqvet8888
    Hickok 45
    Military Arms Channel
    NFA Review Channel
    Sootch00
    Colion Noir

Nutnfancy talks too much. Everything doesn't need to take 45 minutes to review.

EthanR9

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 10, 2015
    Fort Wayne
    I thought of one that I didn't see in the several pages I scrolled through so I guess I'll have to add my $0.02!

InstructorZero is the channel I'm referring to. I think his videos are pretty cool, despite having trouble understanding him sometimes. I also think some of his ideas and videos are wayyyyy to serious for my life.

IV8888 and Hickok45 are the only channels I will watch every new video from.

Hickok45, I find myself watching less and less of the Hickok45 videos due to the length of his opinions vs. facts.

IV8888, most of his videos these days are on guns and accessories that far exceed my budget. (Examples: Barret M107A1, $10k thermals, a $1k+ optic on each rifle, investing $2k in a 10/22 etc.) I also watch his videos and add up the cost of the things he completely destroys.... like shooting 10 20 pound propane tanks, 5 gallon buckets, watermelons, ballistic jell etc.

Channels I dislike:
    James Yeager - I'm honestly surprised people still watch Yeager's videos.... yuck.
    Nutnfancy - He literally drives me insane. The majority of his videos are about how great guns "don't work"....
    Sootch (on the fence) - At first I liked his videos and then as I watched more I realized he has some really wild ideas and he definitely contradicts himself in his videos.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 11, 2016
    Indiana
    Hickok is my go to for firearm reviews. He does a great job showing close ups, breaking the guns down, and of course shooting them. I'm subbed to his channel but I'm not really interested in the vlogs or anything else.

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    You should not be shy about promoting your YouTube vids. You should put a link to your channel in your sig line.
    I subscribed and will be watching. Love the local stuff!

Thanks for the idea, I may just have to do that... An thanks for the sub, greatly appreciated!

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.9%
    89   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    I have watch most of those mentioned. Yeager can be a bit of a know it all, but I still think he does a fair job of making videos that can be fun to watch. I like nutnfancy, and his view on how a lot of people often don't think things through, but yeah, damn, that dude makes some long ass videos.

Spyco

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 26, 2012
    NWI
    I prefer Nutnfancy for reviews. He provide proof for the most part of his issues or highlights. He's also capable of evolving his thoughts as he has changed ratings on a few guns from the past.
    Yankee Marshall is good for seeing his take on an event and another POV. I do enjoy how he deals with the haters too.
    I used to sub to NeverEnuff but when he went onto the less than informational FU videos, I dropped him.

I watch the rest of the gun channels on and off. I general, I will watch all the channels but I take everything they say with a grain of salt. Whether it be Nutn to MAC, I will still make my own assessment of a gun, good review or not.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Does anyone have a mirror of Sootch00's negligent discharge? Looks like he took down the "truck shoot" video... but there was also a Glock or something that he ND'd during recording. I was wanting to see it, but can't find it anywhere.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    Hickok45 I enjoy his videos as well as the Firearms Guy and Paul Harrell, also Massad has some excellent videos some are long but the information is timeless and relevant.

BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At the Ranch.
    Does anyone have a mirror of Sootch00's negligent discharge? Looks like he took down the "truck shoot" video... but there was also a Glock or something that he ND'd during recording. I was wanting to see it, but can't find it anywhere.

I believe the 'truck shoot' is out there somewhere. I saw it months ago but don't remember where.

Well... this one was recommended to me... please- no flames... You'll get it...

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyAzm173q08H5C9iVp5JXvg

Don't really care for the addition of the Yeager guy in her videos.

Top Bottom