• KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    They acted almost like sociopaths, getting joy by bullying the members.
    They weren't acting from what I've gathered (and we know who "they" are.) Working the 1500s with Churchmouse I picked up on a lot of what was going on.

I wasn't that active back in those days. I don't remember when CM came on staff exactly, but there was a new Sheriff in Town at that point. He also played a huge role in transitioning to new site ownership. Put simply INGO went from a hobby to a business.

Enough about this old stuff, I gotta make sure most of the threads are between the ditches before work ;)

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I barely remember PaulF, sounds like I'm glad I don't remember the others.
    I like the idea of not having an echo chamber, but there's no need for troublemakers or trolls.
    Appreciate the mods, even when they're looking over their glasses at us.
    One problem that works against avoiding an echo chamber, people who have extremely divergent political opinions don't typically get along well. They usually can't coexist. PaulF couldn't help himself. His utter contempt for the people he strongly disagreed with eventually revealed itself.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    One problem that works against avoiding an echo chamber, people who have extremely divergent political opinions don't typically get along well. They usually can't coexist. PaulF couldn't help himself. His utter contempt for the people he strongly disagreed with eventually revealed itself.
    YEAH... that guy.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    I get it though, it's one person with an opinion that gets dogpiled by 100s of others that aren't having an open debate. it's just a mud throwing mess.

Those were the worst to deal with as a Mod.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    I get it though, it's one person with an opinion that gets dogpiled by 100s of others that aren't having an open debate. it's just a mud throwing mess.

Those were the worst to deal with as a Mod.

Depends on topic though. Some crazy guy might say “your 50 post rule sucks” or “I like pineapple on pizza” or “NPR is a valid news source” and the other 100 “normal” people are going to jump on that like joe biden in a children’s museum.

LeftyGunner

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2022
    Indianapolis

Contempt for diverging views…On INGO?

I am shocked by this revelation…shocked.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    I'm guessing you're on the WRONG side often?

It happens.

Or maybe this is appropriate ...

:@ya: .

3pqr2e.jpg

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    We have definitely had some mods that were just absolutely nuts. They acted like they really believed that being an INGO mod made them powerful and important. They acted almost like sociopaths, getting joy by bullying the members.
    The amount of real power an individual has is inversely proportional to their desire to use it

See: HOA

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    They weren't acting from what I've gathered (and we know who "they" are.) Working the 1500s with Churchmouse I picked up on a lot of what was going on.

I wasn't that active back in those days. I don't remember when CM came on staff exactly, but there was a new Sheriff in Town at that point. He also played a huge role in transitioning to new site ownership. Put simply INGO went from a hobby to a business.

Enough about this old stuff, I gotta make sure most of the threads are between the ditches before work ;)
    Couldn't you just put the ditches a lot further apart

Top Bottom