• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • When should a Wife carry when out with her Husband?

• Total voters

randyb

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Wow this is such a no brainer for me. A woman can carry anytime she wants to. My mom chooses to not carry when going out since my dad does, as is her choice. Personally I think if you have a permit, you should carry and as my buddy mentioned the tactical advantage of two shooters is much better than one and can save lives. Besides chores should be evenly distributed at home, including taking out the trash ;-)

randyb

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    I would also remind folks that the shooter that was at the church in Colorado was stopped by a woman carrying a handgun.

Bendrx

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    East Indy.
    If you don't like carrying when he isn't perhaps he might feel the same. So carry and then if he does feel that way, he'll probably start to carry. Carrying a gun doesn't do a whole lot for your personal protection, but it does do a lot for those around you. So you carrying will do him more good than you in many cases. Something to think about and possibly motivate him to carry as well. In the end since your both comfortable with firearms you'll both be better off.

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Tampa, FL
    I'm confused. How does one carry while cooking and doing laundry?

:stretcher:

Just kidding ladies. I don't get this question either. A woman should carry when she wants to.

AuntieBellum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Rensselaer
    I simply can't imagine why you wouldn't want to be prepared to defend yourself and your family. In any situation. In any family. In any marital structure, whether it's one I would choose for myself or not.

ElsiePeaRN

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2011
    Eastern Indiana
    I would add to this poll that she should carry ESPECIALLY when her husband doesn't or chooses not to. Even if he chose to carry, having a back-up can only help. If I were a bad guy attacking a couple or family I'd probably want to neutralize the husband first and then go after the wife. So if a BG begins to accomplish part 1, and wife is carrying, BG gets a big surprise!

schafe

Master
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Monroe Co.
    I think my wife doesn't always carry when we are out together, mostly because she has confidence that I am. But every once in a while, if she perceives a possible self defense situation developing, she'll give me a look I recognize, and whisper "do you have your gun? " that's when I whisper "yes!" with the "why don't you?" look on my face. But usually, all I see is a relieved look in her eyes, so I'm still not sure my "why don't you?" look is having any effect,though....probably an estrogen thing. :dunno:

Mike H

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Vincennes
    I say carry. If you are comfortable just do it. These days you just never know. As was stated somewhere above "I'd rather have a gun and not need it as opposed to needing a gun and not having it". Thats good advice right there.

abnk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    A wife should carry according to the rules established by the husband.

Seriously though, I don't see why a wife should feel bad for carrying when her husband isn't.

Water63

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 18, 2010
    West Central IN
    My wife does not have a LTCH but my daughter wanted one so I helped her get one. I have been married for over 25 years and my wife and I do different things. I would not say one or the other is really the head of the household we are on even turf I would not care if she carried or not. With that said if you feel like you want to carry I would not see why your husband would not support that wish. We live in a rural area also but that does not make it any safer than in town if anything it make you more open to someone trying to take advantage because no one is around.

If you are comfortable go for it!! :rockwoot:

gungirl

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    My husbands rule of carry is this that whenever he has a wallet he carries. I now have my lifetime carry permit and carry all the time... With or without him I carry. With or without a purse I carry.
    I would not be uncomfortable carrying if my husband did not. It seems that whenever you don't have a gun is when you need it. So why risk it? Carry 24/7.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    My husbands rule of carry is this that whenever he has a wallet he carries. I now have my lifetime carry permit and carry all the time... With or without him I carry. With or without a purse I carry.
    I would not be uncomfortable carrying if my husband did not. It seems that whenever you don't have a gun is when you need it. So why risk it? Carry 24/7.

Well said!
    ..and welcome to INGO!:ingo:

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    The correct answer isn't here

I voted "all the time" but the correct answer is actually "whenever she wants to". It's her gun! It's her LTCH! It's her call!

dice dealer

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Harrison county
    I voted at all times ..
    however my wife only carries in her car .

She is not allowed to carry at her job , outside of her job she is normally with me ( I am carring now sitting on my couch typing this ).

We keep the same type of gun in the same spot in both her car and my truck , That way we both know exactly were to grab and what we are grabbing no matter what vehicle either of us is driving .

Top Bottom