• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • When should a Wife carry when out with her Husband?

• Total voters

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    My wife used to carry all the time.It was in her purse which I don't like but at least she had something. Then the kids came and she didn't carry as often, then not at all. Her permit expired and it didn't matter.

I was still carrying and finally broke down and asked what would happen if I left a firearm in the car and wasn't with her. She got her lifetime LTCH before me because I had to wait for expiration.

She still won't carry though. I don't really know why. The kids are comfortable with firearms. Not proficient, but I can drop a random gun in front of either of them and say "Make this safe."

I would feel much better with her having a gun all the time. Not just to back me up, but she isn't always with me, and thus isn't armed.

While together she knows I am carrying and that my GHB has an extra pistol in it. Even after all the years of not shooting on a regular basis I think she can run all my guns, She just seems to have lost the desire for it.

I don't push too hard... even though I am going to have her read this entire thread as a motivator.

outdoorsman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 17, 2010
    I would say all the time...you never know when you might get split up from your wife in a bad situation and she wasn't carrying, she would be defenseless, which is no good...but if your wife doesnt always want to carry when your together, I suggest having her at least carry some sort of pepper spray in her purse just in case!

Comp

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2009
    T H I N
    A wife should be able to watch out for her own safety when her husband is not a round. A wife should back up her husband when he is around. A wife should be prepared at all times to defend their child no matter if a husband is around or not.

So, all the time! Wife, Girlfriend, Daughter( of age) I don't care....carry that darn thing!

In a criminal justice class today I heard the sickest story ever. It makes me want to scream from a roof top that all women need to ALWAYS carry.

Comp owt

Bubba

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Rensselaer
    In a criminal justice class today I heard the sickest story ever. It makes me want to scream from a roof top that all women need to ALWAYS carry.

Comp owt
    It wasn't Warren v. DC by any chance, was it? No matter what a person's plumbing might be, self defence should never be 100% delegated to someone else. Still, if a woman feels social pressure to not carry without permission that's their prerogative.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    good thing I do carry all the time. tonight we let the boy give us directions home. he turned a few turns where we had never been and we pretended there were zombies. hubby was carrying a pocket knife and a bad attitude (his words)
    I had 2 pocket knifes and my BUG. One good example of why a wife should carry, you never know when you're going to be in a zombie neighborhood. :D

revance

Expert
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Zionsville
    Doh! I need to change my vote!

I answered #1... but in fact the CORRECT answer is #4

The question was: "When should a Wife carry when out with her Husband?"

If her husband isn't carrying, neither should she "while out with her husband". Why? She shouldn't be out with her husband if he isn't carrying... she should be out finding a new husband (while carrying of course).

lrs019

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2010
    Though my husband is the head of our family too, I am still responsible for my personal protection. I don't carry all the time (my work prohibits it and I'm still searching for the "perfect" set-up), I think it would be unfair to expect my husband to defend both of us, if I'm capable of taking care of one of us. Also, we have 2 small kids to think about. If I didn't caryy, then my husband would be left to defent 4 people with one gun. The odds just seem better with 2 people carrying. I also know of several men who carry more than one gun...they have one on their hip and one in their pocket. I once heard (or maybe read) someone say that if you have 2 guns, you're able to arms a companion, if you need to. That got me thinking about not depending on my husband for my own safety. Though he does feel responsible for his family's personal well-being and is the head of the house, he would feel terrible if something happened to me because he wasn't able to protect me. If I can save him that grief, I will.

outdoorsman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 17, 2010
    at all tims

i think at all time bc even now i am with her it only takes a couple seconds for something to go bad and some times i walk away for couple second.

CarryingKitten

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    This poll made me laugh. I was with a guy who mentioned that I don't need to carry when I am with him. WAS being the operative word.

ljadayton

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    SW Indy
    I had a guy who wanted to date me try to make me feel like I couldn't protect myself (he carries and knows I carry) without him along. If I can't protect myself, I need to stay home.

Top Bottom