• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • buffalo-springfield40

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Playing it safe as I'm in Michigan for the weekend. I've CC everywhere, from a movie theater to Target, Wal-Mart, Meijer, and a few shopping malls. BTW I've never seen such an amazing wine/beer/anything with a drop if alcohol selection in it. They even sell it cold right in the Meijer! I didn't think I'd see a $200 bottle of wine in a store like that. :n00b:

i have a house in portage michigan....just south of kalamazoo....you can buy booze 7 days a week in michigan..every gas station sells it....if ya want some great wines..go to paw paw...nothing but winerys up there...and yea..don't get caught oc'ing up here....:alcoholic:

PatriotPride

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Valley Forge, PA
    i have a house in portage michigan....just south of kalamazoo....you can buy booze 7 days a week in michigan..every gas station sells it....if ya want some great wines..go to paw paw...nothing but winerys up there...and yea..don't get caught oc'ing up here....:alcoholic:

That's what I hear. From my understanding, OC is legal in MI but there are WAY more restrictions. Correct me if I'm wrong :D Still, not worth the hassle IMHO. I'm just trying to relax on the weekend with the woman.:patriot:

buffalo-springfield40

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    That's what I hear. From my understanding, OC is legal in MI but there are WAY more restrictions. Correct me if I'm wrong :D Still, not worth the hassle IMHO. I'm just trying to relax on the weekend with the woman.:patriot:

not sure on the oc'ing....but i'll check into it......where in michigan do you go to relax?..

PatriotPride

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Valley Forge, PA
    not sure on the oc'ing....but i'll check into it......where in michigan do you go to relax?..

For the next few months it'll be Grand Rapids (amazing area from what I've seen :D). After that it'll be Big Rapids. I'm almost positive OC is legal, just that there are a bazillion restrictions (no carry when the biz primarily sells alcohol, no carry when you've had even one drink if alcohol, CC on college-campus is a no-go, immediate disclosure to LEO if stopped that you are CC...those are what I remember off the top of my head). I've tried to look at the codes and I'm a bit boon-doggled, so any help would be much appreciated :patriot::ingo::patriot:

buffalo-springfield40

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    For the next few months it'll be Grand Rapids (amazing area from what I've seen :D). After that it'll be Big Rapids. I'm almost positive OC is legal, just that there are a bazillion restrictions (no carry when the biz primarily sells alcohol, no carry when you've had even one drink if alcohol, CC on college-campus is a no-go, immediate disclosure to LEO if stopped that you are CC...those are what I remember off the top of my head). I've tried to look at the codes and I'm a bit boon-doggled, so any help would be much appreciated :patriot::ingo::patriot:

Grand Rapids is a pretty big city.....go north alittle more and stop in at Silver Lake...great place to rent 4 wheelers or jeeps....sand dunes everywhere...nice place for vacation..lots to do...as soon as Michigan gets rid of the liberal Governor....it will be a much better place...:ingo:

pathfinder317

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    Franklin In
    I CC'd to the license branch and to my doctors office and to Kroger , my Glock didn't go Kaboom , I wasn't asked to leave any place I went , no bad guys robbed the places I went , except the doctors office robbing me :xmad:

PatriotPride

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Valley Forge, PA
    Grand Rapids is a pretty big city.....go north alittle more and stop in at Silver Lake...great place to rent 4 wheelers or jeeps....sand dunes everywhere...nice place for vacation..lots to do...as soon as Michigan gets rid of the liberal Governor....it will be a much better place...:ingo:

Silver Lake is an awesome vacation spot! My father took my family there a few years back. Great times :D And I agree regarding the liberal governor. From what I can tell it's a good state, and I'll find out in August if I'll be moving there in a year. Not too thrilled about taking a class to certify for the CPL but that's life :patriot:

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I OCed today to a Lowes building supply/hardware store. No one raised an eyebrow, or asked any questions. Yesterday I OCed to a the NW WalMart here in the Fort. No one questioned me. Bought ammo at Walmart. No one was worried.

smiley69_300

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2009
    Ripley County
    Today I cc to church. No one even noticed besides my nephew who bumped into me as we were kneeling. He just looked at me and smiled. Than me and the wife went to our favorite mexican resturant. Good day and no problems.

Demo

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2010
    Church can be a tricky place to CC. It's the only place in my world where people are touching me. Particularly on the small of my back.

That's where the trusty pocket carry comes in for me. :)

Jubbie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2008
    Northwest Indiana (slacker)
    I'll admit it, I CC'd yesterday (Sunday). Went out for breakfast with the g/f. She's not a fan of me OC'ing, so when we go places I CC. So it was mostly for her, but also for the fact that where we go to have breakfast at I usually eat way too much. For a guy 150 lbs, 1 egg scrambled w/ hash browns, 2 pancakes, and of course bacon just kinda fills me up to where I don't think I could move very fast if the situation warrants it. I'm mostly an OC guy, but am very happy Indiana allows both since different circumstances call for different actions.

Top Bottom