Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Valley Forge, PA
    In Valparaiso in the past year:

Walmart
    Younger guy with a Coast Guard shirt on OC a Glock

Last week I ran into an INGO member OC in Walmart :D

It's not that commonplace in my area, at least from what I've seen. I can easily go 6 months without seeing another person OC, outside of an INGO transaction, in my neck of the woods. I've had plenty of people come up to me and discuss OC, and usually they state that either they weren't aware that OC was legal, or that they didn't think OC was worth the hassle by the police.

I don't think a "commitment" is needed, other than being ready to deal with the occassional idiot or biased LEO. I OC when I feel it's most comfortable, and I CC on the rare occassion that I feel it's more appropriate.

Good thread idea :D

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Last week I ran into an INGO member OC in Walmart :D

Me too :D Double OC'ers and from the chime in from other members there were half a dozen INGO members OC'ing in the Valpo walmart last weekend.

Discounting friends doing it and meeting up with them around the area, I can't recall seeing anyone else OC'ing in the past few months.

Last year I saw quite a few including a guy OC'ing in the SouthLake Mall (which BTW my wife OC's into the few occasions she gets over there).

At our tar and feather Pete Visclosky event we turned out half a dozen INGO OC'ers this year and some random guy driving by stopped and visted with us who was also OC'ing.

Obviously the April Tax day protest had some OC'ers including two people with AR-15's.

RichardR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2010
    Last OC'er I noticed was a couple months ago at the Strawtown fleemarket/auction, it was an older gentleman, probably in his mid 60's, disheveled & sweaty looking from having to work in the intense heat of that day, with what appeared to be really rough looking nickel S&W model M&P (the old 4" .38 spl revolver, not one of the newer models) hanging from his hip in an old wore out Police Positive Special leather holster.

I wanted to go have a chat with him (he looked like an interesting fellow) but I was right in the middle of something else & I lost track of him before I finished up my purchase.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Maybe wrong use of the word "commitment". I have not decided yet if I want to OC more. Hows that Jack? :D

I like that better. I've made about all the "commitments" I'm good for.

This all just reminds me way to much of marriage and I OC and CC, and double DD what ever I want, when I want now. I'm not making that, uh, commitment thing again.

No one else ever does that.
    What ever.:rolleyes:
    People I work with will be there, what if they see that?
    You're not going to wear that again?
    So are you going to take that off before we go in here?
    You didn't wear that in the doctor's office did you?

I didn't really. I put it in the glove box while I was at the Dr office, but I didn't want to hear about it for a year later.

Last edited:

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Last OC'er I noticed was a couple months ago at the Strawtown fleemarket/auction, it was an older gentleman, probably in his mid 60's, disheveled & sweaty looking from having to work in the intense heat of that day, with what appeared to be really rough looking nickel S&W model M&P (the old 4" .38 spl revolver, not one of the newer models) hanging from his hip in an old wore out Police Positive Special leather holster.

I wanted to go have a chat with him (he looked like an interesting fellow) but I was right in the middle of something else & I lost track of him before I finished up my purchase.

I bet he knows how to use it too.

Sounds like some one I wouldn't want pointing it at me.

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    I've only seen one other OC aside from myself and my wife (who hybrid carries most of the time) and that was back before I'd even gotten my license and was shopping at Gander Mountain in G-wood.

I did see a CCer lift his shirt at sprawl-mart to show another customer the Glock he was carrying while we were all standing at the sporting goods counter.

It's rare that I see another OCer.

Demo

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2010
    I saw a 21-24 year old in the Greenwood Gander Mountian.

Only fellow OCer I've ever seen. I asked him if he was a INGO member and he wasn't.

Dressed in jeans and a tucked in shirt. Looked good to go.

Top Bottom