• ...and so much more!
  • MRockwell

Just Me
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Noblesfield
    I was curious about Mogas(for aircraft STC'd to run unleaded auto gas), and came across this site that shows where to get Mogas, as well as E-Free gas:
    Auto Fuel Locations | Mogas Locations

And here is a link to pure-gas.org for the state of Indiana:
    https://www.pure-gas.org/index.jsp?stateprov=IN

It looks like pure-gas.org is kinda like gasbuddy.com, in that the average Joe can add or remove stations that carry E-free gas. And, they have an app for that.

Skywired

Master
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Aug 14, 2010
    Cicero
    LaPorte, Starke and Marshall County all have it available. I wonder if the airport there sells it. Starke county does. The marinas do as well.

Our two marinas: 91 Octane, no ethanol @ $4.85 gallon. The other is 89 Octane, no ethanol @ $4.95 But that sure beats a $300 carb job.

racer5c

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2008
    I have two outboard motors plus the standard riding lawn mower. I am reading more and more about how bad ethanol is for these engines. Is there a retailer that typically stock ethanol free gas ? Perhaps a Farm Bureau or . . . . . ? On the northwest side of Indy would be great but from what I’m reading, it would be worth it to travel a little to get ethanol free gas.

Thanks in advance

countrymark coop in Clermont

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    Country Mark in Fort Wayne.

Tucked away in the same Industrial Park as Freedom Firearms. Turn in going west off of Lima road at the light in front of Don Ayres Honda.

Good reminder I need to cycle my stored gasoline again.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I'm deciding if I want to fill my ethanol free can now or wait until the "winter mix" happens shortly?

Does the "winter mix" even happen with ethanol free gas?

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Winter mix is regular gas. "Summer Blend/mix" has extra additives to prevent it from evaporating quickly. Winter blend doesn't have the additives in it.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Winter mix is regular gas. "Summer Blend/mix" has extra additives to prevent it from evaporating quickly. Winter blend doesn't have the additives in it.
    But still has the Ethanol, correct? Thats my understanding is the ethanol amounts vary between mixes, but its still there all the time.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Yes. It still has 10% ethanol in it. It doesn't vary much at all. I think it's required to have between 9-10%. The terminals put as much ethanol in as possible because it's cheaper than gas.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    90%20PLUS.jpg

https://www.countrymark.com/countrymark/Fuels/PLUSGasoline/EthanolFree.aspx

Ethanol-free Gasoline

horizontal_line.gif

Every gallon of CountryMark 90 PLUS is refined to exceed customer expectations. Whether you've got a boat, 2-cycle engine or a seasonally driven vehicle, this ethanol-free fuel is easy on your engine and delivers the most efficient power – leading to more miles per gallon on the road and more hours per gallon for small engines.

https://www.countrymark.com/countrymark/Portals/0/Documents/Gasoline Specs (03-28-12).pdf

Tiny footnote #3 identifies which blends do contain ethanol.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    So ethanol free gas still has ethanol in it?

Only if you go to a pump that has options for both and fill your can behind somebody that didnt choose ethanol free. Because the hose is still going to have some ethanol in it from the past fill. Granted it wont be 10% of your load after you finish filling your can, but it will still have SOME. Just like if you follow somebody that bought premium, you are going to get some premium in your tank as your chosen fuel pushes the last bit of their choice out of the hose.

So if you go to fill some cans do this trick to guarantee 100% ethanol free: Select ethanol free. Pump the first gallon or two into your car's tank to flush the possible leftover ethanol laden fuel left in the hose. Then fill your cans with 100% ethanol free fuel.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    FWIW, for all the talk I've heard over the years of how bad E10 gas is, I've never had a problem. My tractor is 45 years old and has run it all from full leaded, to unleaded, to E10 and it's never made a bit of difference. What DOES seem to make a difference is running them out of gas (no matter the gas). I always try to store my stuff with as little in the tank as possible, the gas shut off, and the bowl dry.

That said, my Mustang sat for 8 years with 10 gallon of E10 in it. After around the first 2 years I knew it would be bad news so I never attempted to run the car again on that gas. Pulled the shraeder valve at the fuel rail, pumped all of the bad gas out (at the rail), put 2 gallons of fresh gas in and pumped it through too, changed the fuel filter (and oil), and it started right up like it ran yesterday. Leaving it sit for 8 years with E10 in it didn't seem to do much of anything. Maybe sitting in a carb bowl it would have, but I was 99% certain it was going to have fouled injectors, but, NOPE!

In the spirit of the thread, the Country Mark on 20, just west of Lagrange, does have E00 fuel... I just can't find a reason to drive down there to get any. I also know for 2 cycles you can buy "Tru-Fuel" at places like Home Depot. It's pre-mixed 2 cycle with no Ethanol.

Top Bottom