• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cat-Herder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 15, 2009
    Fortville
    BY THE GODS!!! It's as if hordes of complete idiots have crawled out into the sunlight and suddenly think their feces is gold! AND THEN TRADE IT LIKE GOLD!

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    As soon as I heard about the Sandy Hook shooting, I immediately (pun intended) "pulled the trigger" on buying an AR as I had been wanting one and looking to buy for about a year. Glad I did....the Mossberg MMR Tactical I bought went up in price over 40% in the 24 hours after I bought it. Also immediately ordered Pmags and a couple Glock 33 round 9mm mags (though still on backorder).

I tried to focus on getting the mags I wanted. The guns and ammo will still be there.

boozoo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    NE Indy
    I pretty much have what I want (and can afford). Never wanted an AR, but I do have an evil FAL.

My main thing is just finding ammo to feed the need to go to the range. All the panic buying is making it difficult to keep supplied, so I tend to not want to shoot as often.

jontz

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    I could spit into Michigan
    I guess it depends on the definition of panic buying. I didn't buy anything I didn't need for well above market value. I did buy a high cap pistol that I had been thinking about for 8 months or so, and I got a good deal on it. I'd call it a prudent purchase rather than panic buying.

Thumper1000

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2013
    Myself and my wife try to shoot once a week if possible and at this point can't find ammo anywhere unless willing to pay for hollow points, but that is a bit pricey for the range. This has spurred a huge shortage of ammo.

Hal42

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 28, 2011
    Waiting on money so I can panic properly and buy something. Ahh hindsight ye win yet again.

boozoo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    NE Indy
    I guess I'm going to have to panic buy a Tokarev so I can use some of the spam can I bought a couple years ago. 9mm is just getting too ridiculous (again).

Max Volume

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    da region Highland
    No guns bought in quite awhile. I've been meaning to deck out an AR and bought some accessories before the panic buyers got the idea for their new firearms. Just in time too. The Aimpoint arrived right before there was a back order.

Ectoman86

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    I haven't yet thankfully. Picked up a savage 10 a week before all this hit the fan...and bought ammo during it just so I could take it to a range. I do wish I could find an AR-10 or AR-15 stripped lower. Don't want to buy the entire thing, want to take the time to build it myself. Hopefully things will calm down and I'll get a chance

MrsTuesday

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 17, 2012
    Me! Bandwagons and I just don't get along. And I don't have the financial resources to panic buy. I did file for my LTCH during this time, but only because I've been planning it for a while and this happened to be when the funds became available.

500 mag

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 11, 2013
    Indy
    Ive bought a couple of guns but not for that reason. Im not really into AR's that much so this dont really effect me any. I do like to buy ammo though when i can. Walmart sold win 44 mag early last year for $32.97 a box, now its $39.77 a box. Its just going to keep going up and up and up. Get it while you can

Top Bottom