Who is in for Friday Night Steel on Friday, January 13, 2012?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Are you coming to FNS on 1/13?

• Total voters

Tommy2Tone

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    How far ahead of time are the stage designs done? It would be nice to know what we are shooting. Not for any advantage, I just am always curious what the new week will hold!

NullSyndrome

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Gilbert, AZ
    Getting the factory running is only half the trouble. Finding the bullets and primers seem to be more difficult than panning for gold and finding some.

No problems there.

I bought powder at Bradis, primers at PSS, and Berrys Plated bullets online at Grafs. I could have bought it all at Bradis, but found a better deal on the bullets online, and I wanted Winchester primers. Bradis only had the CCI in stock at the moment.

I just need to buy or build a new workbench. I have too much on my other bench, and my press would block the drawers.

mydoghasfleas

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Undisclosed
    My first/last time there was on friday oct 13th 2006 with my glock 26. (been a while I know). Now im ready for the next friday the 13th. Just picked up an FNP45, got some 45 ammo, a holster and struggled to find 2 more mags before this event (they are kinda hard to find). Im to invested not to go! About how long do these last now, do they go until midnight or what?

RangeJunkie

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Aug 15, 2011
    Geist
    My first/last time there was on friday oct 13th with my glock 26. (been a while I know). Now im ready for the next friday the 13th. Just picked up an FNP45, got some 45 ammo, a holster and struggled to find 2 more mags before this event (they are kinda hard to find). Im to invested not to go! About how long do these last now, do they go until midnight or what?

Not at all, besides the rules say no shooting past 10. Depending on the turnout it could be quick I'd say

Beans&Bullets

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 18, 2010
    Terre Haute, IN
    Can't wait, hate that FNS is only once a month in the winter. Will be a great Friday! Driving over from Terre Haute early to hit the 1500, then diner at Chick Fil A and then FNS! What a day!!! And, DRUM ROLL PLEASE, I love the 13th. Wore 13 on my High School Baseball Jersey, 13 is the middle 2 digits in my SSN and I would really like to own 13 Guns (I mean 13 Dozen Guns!!!!) And if we're real lucky, it will be 13 degrees!!!!

Last edited:

RangeJunkie

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Aug 15, 2011
    Geist
    Can't wait, hate that FNS is only once a month in the winter. Will be a great Friday! Driving over from Terre Haute early to hit the 1500, then diner at Chick Fil A and then FNS! What a day!!! And, DRUM ROLL PLEASE, I love the 13th. Wore 13 on my High School Baseball Jersey, 13 is the middle 2 digits in my SSN and I would really like to own 13 Guns (I mean 13 Dozen Guns!!!!) And if we're real lucky, it will be 13 degrees!!!!

13 degrees??? Your nuts!

FWIW looks like even though joshua_XDm isnt coming with me this month, it looks that I'll be bring along another new shooter! :rockwoot:

opus1776

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008

B&B, I can top that! I was BORN on Friday the 13th! :eek: :stickpoke: :thumbsup: :bacondance: :abused:

So needlees to say that superstition about Friday the 13th is BULL:poop: IMNSHO!

======================================
    "Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels" K. Moss

You can NEVER be too rich or too thin.

Life is not a journey, but a series of unplanned detours...

Perfection: is not a goal---it's a demanded expectation.

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    With 60% chance of snow and wind chill down to single digits I'd say it's a safe bet we'll shoot under the porch. Now if you want some manly shooting come out to Thursday Night Trap; we shoot in the weather no matter what.

RangeJunkie

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Aug 15, 2011
    Geist
    With 60% chance of snow and wind chill down to single digits I'd say it's a safe bet we'll shoot under the porch. Now if you want some manly shooting come out to Thursday Night Trap; we shoot in the weather no matter what.

Just wondering, But when do you decide to shoot under cover? I bet that would help with the wind chill ;)

I hope we do it out on the range. I don't really like shooting under the porch, I have issues seeing my sights and sometimes the plates. But I know I need to harden the **** up, I know :)

I remember my first FNS was in about 4" of snow out on the range, then the next month had even more snow!

Last edited by a moderator:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I hope we do it out on the range. I don't really like shooting under the porch, I have issues seeing my sights and sometimes the plates. But I know I need to harden the **** up, I know :)

I remember my first FNS was in about 4" of snow out on the range, then the next month had even more snow!

That's right! How are you gonna make snow angels on dry concrete?

GI JOE

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I was just gettin ready to ask whose goin tonight. It'd be my first one shootin in. It's gonna be a cold one! See y'all at 5!

Top Bottom