Who is in for Friday Night Steel on Friday, January 13, 2012?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Are you coming to FNS on 1/13?

• Total voters

SideArmed

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 22, 2011
    I really really want to make it, but don't think i will be able to. :(
    The drive up from bloomington will take some extra time, and I would need to stop by Bradis to pick up one more magazine. Just not enough time in the day.

Tommy2Tone

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    I really really want to make it, but don't think i will be able to. :(
    The drive up from bloomington will take some extra time, and I would need to stop by Bradis to pick up one more magazine. Just not enough time in the day.

What gun do you need mags for? If its a 9mm XD I can bring mine.

SideArmed

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 22, 2011
    I appreciate it guys. It's a SR9c, I have 4 magazines, but says you need 5 to complete all the strings of fire.

I basically have 1.5 hours to decide if I am going to go. I am still considering it. How much has it snowed up that way? Are the roads in pretty decent shape?

RangeJunkie

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Aug 15, 2011
    Geist
    I appreciate it guys. It's a SR9c, I have 4 magazines, but says you need 5 to complete all the strings of fire.

I basically have 1.5 hours to decide if I am going to go. I am still considering it. How much has it snowed up that way? Are the roads in pretty decent shape?

Roads are good, you could just run in Limited so you can load your mags to full capacity. By doing that you have one extra mag in case you have to reload mid-string. YMMV but I run Production and I'm limited to 10 rounds in my mag, and find it hard to go through all of those, much less full capacity.

brutalone

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 24, 2011
    Westside Indianapolis

4 mags loaded to capacity will do you just fine... Pushes you to limited but it's not like there is any money on the line.....
    I think it makes for better trigger time anyway.... you're not going to load just 10 when you carry anyways....:draw:

downrange72

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    SW Indy/Camby/West Newton
    I going to visit zbornacsvt at the 1500. I have some more steel to buy. Somebody text me on what the after shooting plans are. I'm under strict MD orders not to shoot for 3.5 weeks. Odds are im not going to make it for 3.5 more weeks. :D

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In

I shoot my Glock 17 In Prod Class with 3 Mags loaded to 10 rounds each .. never had a problem finishing a stage. If you run out than you run out and take a 30 sec for the string ... you still have fun.

Tommy2Tone

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Fishers, IN

That is plenty. Technically you only need about 15 or so rounds at each stage. Give or take.

SideArmed

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 22, 2011
    OK, you all convinced me. Going to head out of work shortly and start the trek up from south of Bloomington.

I guess it didn't really take all that much to get me out of work. Big surprize there, right? :ar15:

4 mags loaded to capacity will do you just fine... Pushes you to limited but it's not like there is any money on the line.....
    I think it makes for better trigger time anyway.... you're not going to load just 10 when you carry anyways....:draw:
    Actually I do load to 10 when I carry. The SR9c comes with a 10rnd mag. :D
    But I carry an extra 34 on the other hip ;)

See you all up there.

GI JOE

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Is there a round limit to high cap pistol mags? My M&P 9 holds 17. I've got 5 mags but one is full of my hollows that I carry. Just wondering if I should load em up now or wait...

brutalone

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 24, 2011
    Westside Indianapolis
    OK, you all convinced me. Going to head out of work shortly and start the trek up from south of Bloomington.

I guess it didn't really take all that much to get me out of work. Big surprize there, right? :ar15:

Actually I do load to 10 when I carry. The SR9c comes with a 10rnd mag. :D
    But I carry an extra 34 on the other hip ;)

See you all up there.
    Sorry.... I did see that "C" there.....

RangeJunkie

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Aug 15, 2011
    Geist
    Hum, what's the difference besides round count? Anything?

Yes a lot of difference. In production, up can only do what USPSA defines as internal modifications and griptape and sights. Limited allows things such as bigger magwells etc. You can "personalize" the gun much more in limited.

If you decide to venture out into USPSA and other events, you will start having to worry about major/minor ammo. In production everything is scored as minor, where as in limited it is defined different.

But for FNS it's much simpler and easy-pretty much round count defines the classes for newer competition shooters

chizzle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Thanks to everybody who came out tonight! It was a hearty, positive crew, and the match was over by about 8 pm. Marcell plans to have the scores posted in the next several days. Thanks to everybody for filling out the score sheets accurately, to help make one of our volunteer's jobs easier.

Tommy2Tone

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    Thanks to everybody who came out tonight! It was a hearty, positive crew, and the match was over by about 8 pm. Marcell plans to have the scores posted in the next several days. Thanks to everybody for filling out the score sheets accurately, to help make one of our volunteer's jobs easier.

Thanks to all the ROs

RangeJunkie

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Aug 15, 2011
    Geist
    Had a good night out there, shot pretty well I thought. I had a few strings that could've been better but for the weather I'll take it. The first batch of reloads I've made worked great, now I just need more practice.

Thanks to everyone that helped put on the match!

And thanks singlesix for doing the scores, I appreciate it as well as everyone else

Top Bottom