• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • photoshooter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 6, 2009
    Indianapolis
    For all of you that keep playing the "QUITTER" card on Sarah...

Here's a quote about WHY she stepped down...

"Todd and I, we’re looking at more than half a million dollars in legal bills just in order to set the record straight. And what about the people who offer up these silly accusations? It doesn't cost them a dime. ... My staff and I spend most of our days, we're dealing with this stuff instead of progressing our state now."

Read more: FNC Highlights Baseless Lawsuits Hitting Palin | NewsBusters.org

The linked story has some good insight as well.

She was basically, IMO, between an avalanche and a hard-place. With W out of the limelight, the left needed a boogey-man on the Right. Sarah became their #1 target. (note: it wasn't McCain - it was Sarah they went after).

Every action she took as Governor was subject to sooooo much scrutiney and potential ethics investigations and lawsuits (because the left needed a target) that it was wasting the time and money of the people of Alaska and their state govt to handle the crap.

She could stay in... and keep running up her legal bills - AND the investigation costs funded by Alaskan taxpayers because the lefties don't like her.

Or - she can move the target. She did that. As a private citizen, her actions are her own, and not subject to the intense semi-legitimate media anal probing she was getting because she was the new star of the Right.

I give her credit. She considered he state - before her own reputation - and stepped aside so the people of Alaska didn't have to pay to fight the battles the left was bringing to her doorstep.

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    The republicans are not dumb enough to have Palin be their candidate. She is unelectable, she was shown to be less than swift in her dealings during the Presidential election. Imo she was the main reason that McCain lost the election. He saw her as a counter to Obama being black and didn't do his due diligence. He got an immediate bump in the polls after nominating her, but it took merely weeks for her to open her mouth and send the GOP poll numbers plummeting.

There is no way she would get the moderate vote and that is the majority of Americans.

What did you expect her to say? I just didn't feel like doing it any longer? Of course she is going to say what makes her look the best. Sorry if I don't take what someone has to say about their own situation as the gospel truth. Im not saying she wasn't being truthful, but you never know.

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010

The linked story has some good insight as well.

She was basically, IMO, between an avalanche and a hard-place. With W out of the limelight, the left needed a boogey-man on the Right. Sarah became their #1 target. (note: it wasn't McCain - it was Sarah they went after).

Every action she took as Governor was subject to sooooo much scrutiney and potential ethics investigations and lawsuits (because the left needed a target) that it was wasting the time and money of the people of Alaska and their state govt to handle the crap.

She could stay in... and keep running up her legal bills - AND the investigation costs funded by Alaskan taxpayers because the lefties don't like her.

Or - she can move the target. She did that. As a private citizen, her actions are her own, and not subject to the intense semi-legitimate media anal probing she was getting because she was the new star of the Right.

I give her credit. She considered he state - before her own reputation - and stepped aside so the people of Alaska didn't have to pay to fight the battles the left was bringing to her doorstep.

Good Story...... but I dont buy it. Sorry.

"The Heroic Quitter... Sarah Palin" just doesnt have the ring of truth.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    The republicans are not dumb enough to have Palin be their candidate. She is unelectable, she was shown to be less than swift in her dealings during the Presidential election. Imo she was the main reason that McCain lost the election. He saw her as a counter to Obama being black and didn't do his due diligence. He got an immediate bump in the polls after nominating her, but it took merely weeks for her to open her mouth and send the GOP poll numbers plummeting.

There is no way she would get the moderate vote and that is the majority of Americans.

McCain wouldn't have gotten nearly as many votes as he did without her. Conservatives utterly rejected him, and they will reject any other candidate targetted at "moderates." Those moderates will at best split between the Dem and Rep candidate. Without conservatives, as much as the Rep estabishment hates them, it is impossible to elect a Republican candidate. McCain and the Steele Republicans love to blame Palin, but in fact she was not the one we rejected.

Pocketman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2010
    If she thought it was difficult remaining as governor, that's nothing compared to her holding, or even running for a national office. I think she's one of those women who's gotton her way by being funny and cute. She's now cashing in on what she can, while she can.

Phil502

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    NW Indiana
    :+1:

I think a Palin run would almost guarantee a second term for Obama. The leftists definitely won't vote for her and I think most independents wouldn't either. Things like skits on SNL have people believing she actually said she could see Russia from her house.

Absolutely, the left ruined her with their skits, it was effective. I agree with her politics for the most part but she does come off a little too cartoon character like though.

They ruined Donnelly too with the whole debate fiasco, narrow focus, jokes. It makes me wonder if the left senses that a woman could be a good choice now, just to break the glass ceiling.

Romney is out, where was he for two years. He would have had more support then MCcain but that over now.

Daniels, would be a good candidate but he's from Indiana, we know him. Would he get support outside of the Midwest?

I don't see anybody coming up yet.

photoshooter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 6, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Personally, I want Thomas Jefferson again... or perhaps James Madison. But they're rather indisposed and term limited out.

So, my wish list encompasses the following:
    1. Little if any predilection toward Big Govt Hamiltonian Federalism (that cuts most of the field of Govs that haven't run before)
    2. NO PROGRESSIVE Leanings (that eliminates Huck, Romney)
    3. A deep and thorough understanding of the Liberties enshrined in our constitution, their basis in Natural Law, and why our founders framed the constitution the way they did...

About the only major name left (still alive) who meets those criteria is Ron Paul.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Daniels, would be a good candidate but he's from Indiana, we know him. Would he get support outside of the Midwest?

This. I don't think Daniels is known well enough throughout the country. The only thing he can run on is how Indiana isn't as bad as all the other states are in the rest of the country. Other than that, what's he got? I've heard him talk about the 80-90 highway lease and that does lean more libertarian but that's going to be a hard sell no matter what.

Next election I want to see a TEA party candidate run for President. I don't give a darn about the republican party. They got too big and corrupt just like government and they need cut down to size.

photoshooter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 6, 2009
    Indianapolis
    For those who love Mitch for Prez;

Here's some early non-scientific polling courtesy the folks at hot air:

The winners in each state are color coded. Mitch took the states in BLUE.

usofha.jpg

Yes, I know this poll has absolutely no basis as a real measurement. It was a poll on a right leaning website. We're 23 months out from the next Presidential... a lot can happen. Just add this data into the mix to see who has how much work yet to do.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Personally, I want Thomas Jefferson again... or perhaps James Madison. But they're rather indisposed and term limited out.

So, my wish list encompasses the following:
    1. Little if any predilection toward Big Govt Hamiltonian Federalism (that cuts most of the field of Govs that haven't run before)
    2. NO PROGRESSIVE Leanings (that eliminates Huck, Romney)
    3. A deep and thorough understanding of the Liberties enshrined in our constitution, their basis in Natural Law, and why our founders framed the constitution the way they did...

About the only major name left (still alive) who meets those criteria is Ron Paul.
    And Gary Johnson. Who just happens to be gearing up for a run and will likely be endorsed by Paul.

Garb

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    Richmond
    And Gary Johnson. Who just happens to be gearing up for a run and will likely be endorsed by Paul.

I'm interested. I've heard that this guy takes similar stances to Ron Paul on many issues, but never really looked into him. As for Sarah Palin running for president... :puke:

PatriotPride

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Valley Forge, PA
    mitch daniels 2012

if he has skeletons they are burried deap. He is fiscaly responsible. a proven leader that expects results. as pro-gun as we can expect for a republican. id vote for him. Indiana is in the black. other states are in the red. id vote for him just because i dont have to wait in line anymore at the BMV, lol. imagine what he could do for veterans benefits.

AMEN! I'd vote for a Daniels/Christie ticket in a heartbeat. What a powerful combination that could be. :patriot:

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Tina Fey would be my choice before Ms. Palin. Tina is smart, well spoken and didn't run away from her last public office. Sarah is out to make a buck on the talk and book circuit. She has no real grasp of issues, and I don't think she really cares. She isn't very popular with mainstream Republicans either.

My guess is the GOP will get someone new who can appeal to the masses. If not, then Obama will see a second term. I think W. was likely a one term president, until the Dems couldn't get a better candidate than Al Gore.

I'd send you some rep if I wasn't out for the next 24 hours.

Palin is out for money, that makes her a whore. She screwed the people of Alaska to make millions, so maybe that makes her a high class whore. But a whore is a whore.

In any event, the republicans need a STRONG conservative. Romney would be the death knell, he is the father of obamacare.

After the screwing the American people have gotten and the double screwing coming before the this congress is replaced, people will be begging for conservatism.

If the GOP doesn't offer an actual conservative, they lose.

Of all the names mentioned (aside from Ron Paul), only Daniels falls in that conservative arena. Daniels is conservative compared to lugar, that is why he looks so good. Mitch ain't really conservative, he's a douche, but he's better than the others and dang sight better than that idiot pence. Pence is a mega douche and votes against what he preaches every chance he gets.

Basically I see the GOP running another mcAmnesty and losing. Let's hope I'm wrong.

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Makes her a good, American capitalist. One who is paying her way, and one who only makes money if people actually want to spend discretionary income on her.
    :rolleyes:

Running out on your commitment may be cool to you but, it shows a complete lack of dedication and duty, let alone morality on her part.

What makes you think she wouldn't skip out on the Presidency after a year or two in order to hit the book circuit again, this time at 500k a pop instead of 100k each?

Honestly, do you ever put any real thought or depth behind what you post/think, or do you always parrot the latest Hannity talking points? :n00b:

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    :rolleyes:

Running out on your commitment may be cool to you but, it shows a complete lack of dedication and duty, let alone morality on her part.

What makes you think she wouldn't skip out on the Presidency after a year or two in order to hit the book circuit again, this time at 500k a pop instead of 100k each?

Honestly, do you ever put any real thought or depth behind what you post/think, or do you always parrot the latest Hannity talking points? :n00b:

The vacant nature of your posts is shown in your last line. Anyone who disagrees with your drivel must merely be repeating what others have said, totally unable to think for themselves. Well, hero, I've actually never watched a full episode of any of Hannity's shows... ever. Got no idea what his talking points are.

What I do know is that this isn't the first time you've shown yourself incapable of comprehending and reacting to the reality of a situation. As any person capable of thought knows, attack drones like so many in this thread had so assaulted her that she was unable to effectively respond to the attacks on her and her position without violating her standards and her ideals of what were required of her in office. She could either lay down and allow people like you to continue to rape her, or she could regroup to a position where she could fight back. Sadly for bullies and thugs across the country, she's not the type to back down to such putrid tactics. She took a scythe through corrupt politicians of both parties in her state, and made plenty of enemies doing so. People like you whimper and whine about today's politicians, but as soon as one comes along to clean up the cesspool, you brainlessly spout every little bit of nonsense you hear on SNL, and cut off at the knees the people who are giving you what you clamor for so ceaselessly.

Top Bottom