• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    I haven't mowed yet, but I thought about it yesterday. I always enjoy mowing for the first month of the season, then I get sick of doing it every week.

w_ADAM_d88

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Greenfield
    Not yet, saw someone in the hood doing theirs yesterday. A few spots need it but I'll probably hold off til next weekend. Maybe I'll do the routine PMs in the push mower this week.

jgressley2003

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2011
    Miami County
    I'm not ready to mow yet but the grass is getting very green. Our rider is down right now with a bad starter I believe. New one doesn't line up so I may have to send it back.

jdmack79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Lawrence County
    I killed my entire yard last year and reseeded. The new grass is growing incredibly quickly. I'm mowing on Tuesday and it will be the fourth time since mid February. My grass has grown so much since I last mowed two weeks ago that I'll have to use the highest setting on the mower to prevent clogging.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I killed my entire yard last year and reseeded. The new grass is growing incredibly quickly. I'm mowing on Tuesday and it will be the fourth time since mid February. My grass has grown so much since I last mowed two weeks ago that I'll have to use the highest setting on the mower to prevent clogging.

Holy cow! Sounds like you did more than just reseed.

MCINDIANA

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 23, 2016
    Michigan City
    Actually, I got my mower out of the garage on a nice day in February to clean up leaves that blew into my yard over the winter. Two months earlier than usual.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Haven't mowed yet, but I probably will this weekend. I was on vacation last week and spent the better part of it putting down mulch. 10 cubic yards so far, and another 2 yards sitting on the truck now. Got my fertilizer/crab grass preventer put down on Friday so the rain should kick that in this week. With the warm weather in February, I'm ahead of the game so far. Started de-winterizing the deck Saturday and if the weather looks like it will hold I will be moving the tv out there soon.

White Squirrel

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2016
    Evansville
    I have not mowed yet, but I probably should have last weekend. I noticed this morning that my lawn is looking pretty ragged. Rain today will only make it grow more. Need to get started and take the blades of my mowers tonight and sharpen them. Like everything else, I seem to be way behind.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I just came in from my first mowing of the year. I've got a big yard and it's got 2-3 distinct areas. The back yard has more of a richer dirt and that area really needed mowing. It was really pretty thick for a yard that never gets fertilized or anything. The front has a hill that's got that red, Mitchell clay and rock and it's always slower to get started. It had some higher areas but it wasn't thick at all. I guess it's on until November now...

PaulKersey

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Sep 16, 2012
    Evansville
    Speaking of mowing, on one of tnoutdoors9's videos, he apologized for the noise in the background, adding that some of his neighbors felt like they just had to mow their yards at least once a day. I know how he feels. I don't have the time/interest/enjoyment to excessively landscape or mow - I'm more of a minimalist. However, I have neighbors who spend hours per day breaking their backs to make sure everything is perfect. To each his own...

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    My first time of the year was two weeks ago I think.

It's really warm, 70°F and sunny. :cool:

Everybody is getting their mowers and chain saws out.

Top Bottom