• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BobDaniels

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Boone Co
    first mowing occurred on Sunday, I am soooooo looking forward to the longer mowing season this year. Does anyone know if glyphosate makes good fertilizer?

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Removed the snowblower, weights, and chains from the John Deere. Installed the deck and swapped out the blades for nearly worn out, but sharp ones. My first mowing will be next weekend. I always start out with junk blades because there's no telling what the dogs drug around the yard for me to run over.:rolleyes:

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Serviced the mowers and cut the front yard last night. Needed to at least knock it down some. I'll have to wait to mow and trim neatly until after the swamp dries out a bit.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I mowed Saturday after putting down the fertilizer/crabgrass preventer last weekend. We have some big patches of zoysia grass and that's still dormant so not all of the yard needed mowing. Before mowing I did the annual maintenance stuff on the mower - changed the oil and air filter and sharpened the blades.

Yesterday I planted grass seed under our big oak tree (after roughing up the soil in case any of the crabgrass stuff got under there). I have my doubts as to whether anything will even grow under that tree. I always use the seed made for deep shade, but so far I've had no luck. This time I used a top dressing of spaghnum moss after putting down the seed, so we'll see if that helps. I have a feeling I probably wasted my time and money, but DoggyMama is bound and determined to get grass to grow there, despite me telling her that I don't remember any grass ever growing there in the past 35 or 40 years. :rolleyes:

nra4ever

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Indy
    Oil change and oil filters on both mowers and mowed on Saturday. I still need to install new blades on both. I have the blades just didn't get to it. Project for this weekend is install all new blades. Happy mowing y'all.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Yeah, have fun mowing later this week...

17758485_1313046438776237_6258489680287934548_o.jpg

GLOCKMAN23C

Resident Dumbass II
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    S.E. Indy
    Any mower repair gurus in here? I've got a push mower and the pull cord to start it is really really tough. Blade spins freely when spun by hand. It was fired last winter when I put it away. Though maybe it was just cold but I've tried pulling it around 20 times and its still really tough, I feel like I've worn my shoulder out. The cord will pull all the way out but with how tough it is I can't get enough momentum to turn the engine over. Ideas?

You get it figured out?

Top Bottom