Why Do Christians Support Israel (the Nation)?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    This is different from THE Antichrist.

giphy.gif

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Those verses are not talking about unbelievers. They refer to Gnostics and Nicolaitans that clame to be Christian but deny the Incarnation of Christ. They teach that His earthly presence was a continuous theophany.

Unbelievers are able to come to the understanding that Jesus was virgin born, lived a sinless life, died on the cross, rose from the dead and is seated at the right hand of the father. If anyone Jew, Muslim, Hindu, Athiest, Agnostic, Gnostic, Nicolaitan or any other unbeliever accepts Christ as their personal saviour they will enjoy heaven.

But as for Kut's question...

[FONT=&amp]Genesis 12:1Nowthe LORD had said unto Abram, Get thee out of thy country, and from thykindred, and from thy father's house, unto a land that I will shew thee:[/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]2And I willmake of thee a great nation, and I will bless thee, and make thy name great;and thou shalt be a blessing:[/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]3And I willbless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shallall families of the earth be blessed.[/FONT]

It does not matter where Israel is, whether it is an individual or the nation, I will obey this many times repeated admonition.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Somewhat back to the OP, do the charters for the Dutch West India Company and various British charters in North America give those countries a right to land in North America?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Well, yes, what does leaving Judea have to do with it?

John 14:6.

Is the basis of this thread the idea that Christians should want all that bad for people who do not believe that Jesus is the Messiah and Son of God?

....cause that's not​ what I was taight.

Certainly not. This thread is more about Biblical reasons Christians support Israel. I hold the belief that many Christians blindly support Israel because "something, something Jewish people are the chosen people of God," without looking in-depth. You will have those that say the creation of Israel is the fulfillment of God's covenant with Israel. It does not appear that obvious to me, and I question if that prophecy has actually even been fulfilled.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Somewhat back to the OP, do the charters for the Dutch West India Company and various British charters in North America give those countries a right to land in North America?

Certainly not. This thread is more about Biblical reasons Christians support Israel. I hold the belief that many Christians blindly support Israel because "something, something Jewish people are the chosen people of God," without looking in-depth. You will have those that say the creation of Israel is the fulfillment of God's covenant with Israel. It does not appear that obvious to me, and I question if that prophecy has actually even been fulfilled.

Oh. Well. Never mind, then. :D

Something something manifest destiny.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Those verses are not talking about unbelievers. They refer to Gnostics and Nicolaitans that clame to be Christian but deny the Incarnation of Christ. They teach that His earthly presence was a continuous theophany.

Unbelievers are able to come to the understanding that Jesus was virgin born, lived a sinless life, died on the cross, rose from the dead and is seated at the right hand of the father. If anyone Jew, Muslim, Hindu, Athiest, Agnostic, Gnostic, Nicolaitan or any other unbeliever accepts Christ as their personal saviour they will enjoy heaven.

But as for Kut's question...

It does not matter where Israel is, whether it is an individual or the nation, I will obey this many times repeated admonition.

The better question, or the Christian, is "What is Israel?"

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Well simply put, it has always confused/bothered me (as a kid), how the Chosen People, denied Jesus. Am I alone in this?

I think there are 2 separate questions buried in that.

As a Catholic, I believe that we are a continuation of Israel/the Chosen People. The New Covenant fulfilled the Old Covenant. (Or, to Jews, just the Covenant.) So the idea of "Israel" is much greater than a group of people who share a family history in a certain area.

As for why the 1st century Jews (and those thereafter, I guess) denied Jesus as the fulfillment, I think that's a macro and micro question. Big scale, the Jewish leadership didn't believe it, so they rejected Him. Small scale, each Jew who heard Jesus had to make a personal decision about whether He was who He said He was.

It wasn't completely clear, just as it isn't completely clear now to many people.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Well simply put, it has always confused/bothered me (as a kid), how the Chosen People, denied Jesus. Am I alone in this?

All of them didn't. All of them don't.

The history of the Chosen People is rejecting God, being corrected, repenting, and following Him. Who's to say how long these cycles last?

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    Some Christians take the old testament prophecies of the Messiah as if they were literal prophecies, that had not been realized.
    I.E. the throne of David, the kingdom of heaven, etc.
    I believe that those prophecies were figuratively fulfilled when Jesus came, Died, and ushered in the new age of Christianity. I believe all prophecies have been fulfilled, with the exception of Christ's second coming. I believe Christ's second coming (on the clouds) will correspond to the destruction of the physical world in which we live.

So - I don't believe the physical nation of Israel has any modern significance and don't support actions to preserve that state from a religious perspective.

Last edited:

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

No. But not all of them did/do. There are messianic Jews out there.

We can support an ally even when we have disagreements with them, just like we can stay married to a spouse we often disagree with.

The Bible is full of stories where men and women thought they needed to help God meet His promises or thought they knew better on how to get them to fruition. I don't know if we are on God's intended plan or not. I generally stand on the side of supporting Israel. Part of it is biblical, part of it is standing up for a group of people with hostile neighbors, and part of it is because they're as close as we can get in that area a outpost for freedom and democracy.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Not really that shocking. Their history is full of instances of them denying God’s will for them, as is the case for most people. Humans gonna human.

But that brings us back to the Covenant. Jewish people as a group (and yes, I know not all), have not held up their end.... and yet, this is the Israel of prophecy?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I think there are 2 separate questions buried in that.

As a Catholic, I believe that we are a continuation of Israel/the Chosen People. The New Covenant fulfilled the Old Covenant. (Or, to Jews, just the Covenant.) So the idea of "Israel" is much greater than a group of people who share a family history in a certain area.

As for why the 1st century Jews (and those thereafter, I guess) denied Jesus as the fulfillment, I think that's a macro and micro question. Big scale, the Jewish leadership didn't believe it, so they rejected Him. Small scale, each Jew who heard Jesus had to make a personal decision about whether He was who He said He was.

It wasn't completely clear, just as it isn't completely clear now to many people.

You hit the nail on the head. "Chosen People," from my understanding are all believers in Christ.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I also support Madagascar and Lithuania's right to exist. I don't honestly see the difference here

Was my first post not clears as to the perspective I'm seeking? I support Israel's right to exist, as a matter of it being hard-fought, battle won.... not, especially not, because of Biblical prophecy. In fact, I don't think it reconciles with prophecy at all.

Top Bottom