• ...and so much more!
  • Onebad06vtx

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Ellettsville
    Do they not watch the news?
    It is a crazy world we live in today,it is so different then 5/10/20 years ago.
    People are nuts and have no respect.
    Question is why would'nt you carry?

Spartan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2014
    Floyd Co
    I carry to protect my family and myself and what I've worked for, and now days with terrorism popping up everywhere I feel it's smart to stay that way.

showgun

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 23, 2012
    I carry now because I was a victim in an incident back in 2011 and was not prepared for what happen. In the end, it all worked out and my family and I are safe, however, it was a terrible feeling to be in a situation that I was ill-prepared. Being a home robbery victim was something that I never thought I would be, the very sense and meaning of the word was not at all what I envision I could become.

Basically, I failed to recognize a dangerous situation when it came to my front door, not due to overconfidence, but in general, I am a helpful and kind person and in hindsight I'll say very naive to the complexity and boldness of how criminal minds work. In my particular case I encounter 2, three time felons, who should have been behind bars, however, due to the liberal judicial system they were free to interact with civil society. Needless to say, the majority of felons take plea deals and/or spend very little time behind bars getting rehabbed or being punished. Which was the case here. So, once released they repeat their criminal behavior creating more victims as they become career criminals as they make a mockery of the system.

There are a ton of reasons why folks take the path to become a criminal, but nonetheless, once they are there and proven guilty our justice system should apply reasonable sentences, not release them for good behavior when they're behind bars. In many regards the system has failed all of us. In my opinion, our liberal judicial system recycles criminals which I have dubbed "criminal capital" because the legal, and in some case, the enforcement system benefits from illegal acts. In essences, the more felony related criminals on the street the more they (justice system) is needed and the more self-importance they make of themselves. Most LEO will tell you they arrest the same individuals many times over. Something is broken in our sentencing and penal system and it is in desperate need of a major overhaul. Since I don't have all the answers or have much of a say when hardened career criminal get released the only thing that I can do is to prepare myself and my family for the inevitable encounter with career felons. It is a shameful state of affairs but I ready myself and acknowledge my accountability for my family's safety. It appears the system is broken, therefore any reasonable person must take precautions to defend themselves against violent criminals wherever that may be. What other choice does one have? I accept this responsibility and am accountable. Being an armed citizen is my right and responsibility to defend and protect all that I hold dear and love.

By the way, I have the utmost respect for all the men and women in uniform. The risk they take everyday is enormous and I truly support their efforts and the good they do to help keep us safe. In my case this incident did not happen because of them, instead I view the sentencing and repeat offenders laws to be inconsequential and meaningless to habitual felons and taken too lightly by justices and prosecutors. I pray that it will improve and will continue talking with my congressmen and women to facilitate change.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    I carry because I have made the conscious decision that in a time of confrontation with evil, I WILL step up, and defend myself, my family, or other innocents from that evil. I will not cower, shrink back, or beg for mercy. And I carry because, as an American, I am part of a group of people unique in all the world because as an ordinary citizen, I AM empowered to carry a weapon and defend myself and loved ones. I carry because I am a free man, a Three Pecenter, and to not exercise this right would be to belittle it and it`s importance.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    People rob "cash registers" quite often. It's a fairly common news story. Like others have said I carry to protect my loved ones should my SA fail me or I find myself (includes family) in situations that surprised me. It's not likely to happen. I'll probably win the Powerball several times before I find myself in a mall shooting or home invasion. But home fires are rare too and I keep fire extinguishers around too for the same reason -- insurance.

Happens everyday. Someone with an "opinion", and typically about something they know nothing about, and/or, has nothing to do with them, expresses that opinion, just because it irritates them. I`d have had a difficult time sitting quietly through that statement...

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    I carry daily to protect myself, family and innocent victims.

Ever since I started carrying on a daily basis it has caused me to let things just roll off my back. Maybe it is part of getting older but carrying a firearm has taught me restraint and upped my situational awareness.

I'm learning to laugh at stupid people instead of wanting to punch them in the throat.

TheJoker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 9, 2010
    Shelby County
    Why do I carry? Because I believe it is my responsibility as a citizen! As much as I admire and respect the folks in law enforcement, they can't be everywhere. I feel that I owe it to those brave souls who came from all over the countryside to that hill outside Merriam's Corner to aid their fellow countrymen in the face of tyranny and established my right to do the same.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Do they not watch the news?
    It is a crazy world we live in today,it is so different then 5/10/20 years ago.
    People are nuts and have no respect.
    Question is why would'nt you carry?
    Yeah, it is a safer world. Although media coverage of every bad event is much more intense, so it seems like it is so much worse.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2012
    01001111 01001000
    My motivations are entirely selfish. I do not carry for the benefit of those around me. I carry because the responsibility for my safety is mine and mine alone. My wife carries because the responsibility for her safety is first hers. We carry together because we trust that we can depend on each other. We should not depend on the thin fabric of society for our own security. To do so is in my opinion inherently irresponsible.

If in the act of securing ourselves we are able to assist those around us, then so be it. However, I do not carry with the notion of being the hero of the evening news. My priority is getting me and mine out of harms way.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Because I'm a man, not a whining sniveling crybaby ***** that needs other people to save his ass if things go south.

I'll continue from there if they want me to, (ie they argue with me).

Top Bottom