• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hog slayer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2015
    Camp Lejeune, NC
    I carry because I have made the conscious decision that in a time of confrontation with evil, I WILL step up, and defend myself, my family, or other innocents from that evil. I will not cower, shrink back, or beg for mercy. And I carry because, as an American, I am part of a group of people unique in all the world because as an ordinary citizen, I AM empowered to carry a weapon and defend myself and loved ones. I carry because I am a free man, a Three Pecenter, and to not exercise this right would be to belittle it and it`s importance.

This is an outstanding post, gregr. I, too, carry because it positions me to be capable of serving me fellow countryman in more scenarios than not carrying. I will give every effort to save your sons and daughters from a murderer/robber/rapist as quickly and willingly as I'd save your loved ones from drowning. I carry a firearm, I also carry a CPR license, a spare $20, and a pocket knife. I am not a 3 percenter just because I was, but because I consciously make that choice every day. I desire for my life to be one of sacrifice and service. I will continue to move towards the sound of gunfire and be ever watchful when at the beach and work daily to raise productive citizens of society that share my last name.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    This is an outstanding post, gregr. I, too, carry because it positions me to be capable of serving me fellow countryman in more scenarios than not carrying. I will give every effort to save your sons and daughters from a murderer/robber/rapist as quickly and willingly as I'd save your loved ones from drowning. I carry a firearm, I also carry a CPR license, a spare $20, and a pocket knife. I am not a 3 percenter just because I was, but because I consciously make that choice every day. I desire for my life to be one of sacrifice and service. I will continue to move towards the sound of gunfire and be ever watchful when at the beach and work daily to raise productive citizens of society that share my last name.

:rockwoot:

LtScott14

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Porter County
    During my career as LEO, I can say that bad things do happen to good people. Add up the home invasions, road rage, domestic assaults, you will find a firearm comforting.

My Wife even brought up the Christmas Holidays, and the totally selfish shoppers willing to go the extra distance to shove, push, run over you for some bargains. I have seen the return lines after Christmas almost break in to the Mayhem March. I worked Security at a retail store for one season. No more. Crazy people.

Long working hours, late night return homes, bad areas to cross through, you need to consider a lot of options. My G19 isn't that heavy, and daylight shopping isn't that dangerous.

I carry mine.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    I can think of many reasons, here are a few. My son will never get to go on his first fishing trip with his uncle, my son will never get to be a nephew and do cool things with his uncle. Our family is forever changed, why because of a criminal with a knife and a total disregard for human life.

I don't have illusions of stopping a mass killer or a terrorist. But I do carry a serious responsibility of providing for and keeping wife and son safe.

All the nay sayers out there who proclaim what are the odds of something happening and say you don't need a gun. Well I can say once something tragic happens the odds mean nothing.

So for all the liberals who say vomit, urinate, throw something, or just give them what they want and you will be fine.

Good luck with that but for me and mine I will evacuate, hide and if needed I will use every tool at my disposal to stop evil.

Last edited:

TheWiz

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    Fort Wayne
    Good reasons to carry:
    *People are crazy
    *A police officer can't be within arms reach 24 hours a day
    *In the unlikely event that I would be in a situation that would require me to have a gun, I would rather have one than not.

*But most importantly I can randomly stop by the range without having run home first. lol

bthomp9

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    tipton
    I carry because the only way to stop a bad person with a gun is a good person with a gun. I also think you can discuss this without an argument. If someone starts to interrupt, overtalk, or act like you would have to be stupid to think that. I stop that quickly by holding up my hand and stating something like. The only reason I can think that you would interrupt, or overtalk me is that you are afraid of hearing what I have to say, or being convinced of a different viewpoint. To those that say you would have to be stupid to say that, I reply If I show you one smart person who did say that would you change your mind? how about ten or a hundred or a thousand? If you wont change your mond no matter what, isnt that being close minded and isnt that what you are accusing me of? Questions stave of arguments like why do you beleive that.

youngmanjr1970

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Sep 6, 2016
    Franklin
    I was robbed at gunpoint by 2 men in the parking lot of McDonalds in Franklin. After being hit in the head with something from behind, they both held guns to my chest and head while taking things from my truck.

Grass

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2016
    Hillsboro
    It is to bad that we have to be so cautious while out in public minding our own business. I carry every where I go. I would rather be tried by 12 than carried by six.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Why do we ask this question to ourselves? Just look at our families, our friends, our community. Who would go forth without the ability to defend what we love. Few on this site are the type to entrust their safety to others.

Rating - 96.3%
    26   1   0
    Oct 22, 2011
    Lebanon
    Good reasons to carry:
    *People are crazy
    *A police officer can't be within arms reach 24 hours a day
    *In the unlikely event that I would be in a situation that would require me to have a gun, I would rather have one than not.

*But most importantly I can randomly stop by the range without having run home first. lol

Hahaha, most important for sure!!!

ART338WM

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 2, 2013
    Better to have a gun always and never need it and desperately need a gun once in my life and not have it.
    I just don't carry a HG, I also carry a knife that is actually MUCH MUH quicker to deploy than my HG in the event I find myself in a situation where I feel I won't be able to draw and use my HG effectively. Except when on the property of my children's school I carry at least 90%+ of the time and when on school property I still carry both my Leatherman and my favorite pocket clip folder. Unless I am going to go through a metal detector I go absolutely no where without a weapon.

I carry because 911 is the same as government sponsored dial-a-prayer and evil never conveniently forewarns you of it's intentions to harm you.

Top Bottom