• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • John317

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 25, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I am planning on a second AR for the following reasoning. My current AR set up is with a Vortex red dot. On the second I plan on putting a 1-6 scope. So between the two AR's I'd have my close range quick target acquisition set up and the second would be for longer distances and can be used for yote hunting.

Besides general reasoning they are really fun to shoot and you can do a lot with them so even though it may be two of the AR platform they can end up being pretty different and serving different functions.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Ok, all the reasons listed above are what was going thru my head as well.

I've been trying to talk myself OUT of selling my AR....

Why do you need to limit yourself to a rationale based solely upon need? Need is not the exclusive root of most choices.

bmbutch

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    9mm SBR cause it's a blast to shoot, especially suppressed.
    9mm 16", cause the SBR was lonely.
    300 blk SBR, also a blast to shoot & reloading for it is awesome.
    16" 5.56 with Vortex PST 1-4, for 200yds ( longest range I have available) & <.
    14.5" 5.56 because I wanted it!
    14.5" 5.56 cause the other was lonely.
    16" .308 Sig 716 cause it's just Bad A$$!
    3 more stripped lowers & 1 stripped upper awaiting my next want / whim!

'Merica!

warriorbob

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96%
    24   1   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    You can build ar's for different purposes. Have a short lightweight carbine for home defence, build a heavy barreled rifle version for accurate target shooting, build a pistol to keep in the car etc. or maybe you like the variety that comes from being around for 50+ years. Get an a1 style, a2, a4, m4 type what ever the configurations are endless!

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Everyone needs:

A factory AR like Daniel Defense
    A PSA AR because if you like M4's you can't resist the temptation to build one and the PSA prices are sooooo good at times
    A custom AR
    An AR to paint in some form of camo
    A 300 Blackout
    A Spike's lower because those spiders and pirates are so cool...and since you have the lower, you might as well build the thing out....

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    Serious question. Why do you need 2 AR's?

While I do believe everyone should own a rifle of some sort, why would one need 2, or more?
    One is none and two is one.

More shooters equal more "needs" combined with the beauty of being able to swap uppers.

New job Lovemachine? These posts usually come from undercover Feds with low post counts and dreams of being the next J Edgar!

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    One is two and three is four. That's how this AR obsession multiplies. "Merica Damnit! :patriot:

Paul30

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    Truth is there are almost too many reasons to list.

I use to shoot competition, it required I shoot one iron sight rifle and one scoped in the same competition so I made one of each.

Multiple calibers.

His, Hers, and each family members.

Got a good deal on them so purchased for future projects.

Extra in case the world stops turning and you need to supply your house guests the ability to defend the castle.

If you don't have them secure enough to prevent theft and someone steals them, it's nice to have one at a friends for safe keeping.

Different setups for hunting, long range, up close targets, etc.

The list is almost endless.

Oh, and like the one post said, two is one and one is none. Very common good saying to describe any personal defense or necessary item. If one fails, you not only have spare parts to troubleshoot what is wrong with it, you have a whole backup gun. That saying goes for flashlights too. If you batteries or bulb do not work, it's easier to just grab another and deal with the problem later.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom