• ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Trump isnt good for the Republican party NOR the Demacrat party. Thats why he has my vote if given the chance. Both parties can go to hell.

Finally someone has admitted to supporting Trump.

I think we'd like to study you and learn more about your planet.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Planet Trump, where anger is a political platform and egomania is a positive character trait.

It seems to me that he has no more ego problem than the Kenyan and the anger resonates with a lot of people. So does Trump's habit of letting his thoughts fly unfiltered given that so many among us are sick and tired of political doublespeak and allowing problems to continue to exist and to propagate in the name of political correctness. It is also helpful to him that many have been suffering economically, or at best having stagnant income while inflation devalues every dollar in their pockets. Many of these people see him as being the man on the stage who is capable of fixing this and willing to do so. For good or ill, I see Trump having a viable chance of moving to Pennsylvania Avenue provided that he doesn't make any major mistakes. What he might do upon arrival could be open to much speculation, but I see him having a very viable chance of winning.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Yet he may be the very essence of loud vitriolic political double speak; given what he is currently saying contrasted with what he has both done and said in the past...not to mention willingly funded.

I see a very viable chance of him laughing all the way to the WH, a living example of P.T. Barnum's maxim.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    It seems to me that he has no more ego problem than the Kenyan and the anger resonates with a lot of people. So does Trump's habit of letting his thoughts fly unfiltered given that so many among us are sick and tired of political doublespeak and allowing problems to continue to exist and to propagate in the name of political correctness. It is also helpful to him that many have been suffering economically, or at best having stagnant income while inflation devalues every dollar in their pockets. Many of these people see him as being the man on the stage who is capable of fixing this and willing to do so. For good or ill, I see Trump having a viable chance of moving to Pennsylvania Avenue provided that he doesn't make any major mistakes. What he might do upon arrival could be open to much speculation, but I see him having a very viable chance of winning.

I know the direct talk really resonates with a lot of people. As Thor suggests though, does that direct talk actually represent what's in his head? I don't think so. I think what's in his head is the same thing that has always been in his head, and that is Donald J. Trump, Sr. I doubt his politics have "evolved" ~180 degrees from what he's spouting now.

It's more likely all that direct talk represents only what he thinks people want to hear. He could have done the same thing on the left if they had 15 other candidates in the race. He could spew "Rachel Maddow" speak all day long and then listen to the moon beams sing his praises.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I know the direct talk really resonates with a lot of people. As Thor suggests though, does that direct talk actually represent what's in his head? I don't think so. I think what's in his head is the same thing that has always been in his head, and that is Donald J. Trump, Sr. I doubt his politics have "evolved" ~180 degrees from what he's spouting now.

It's more likely all that direct talk represents only what he thinks people want to hear. He could have done the same thing on the left if they had 15 other candidates in the race. He could spew "Rachel Maddow" speak all day long and then listen to the moon beams sing his praises.

I would agree up to a point. I would say that the economic issues where he has really been camping are probably pretty close to exactly what he is thinking and beyond that people are engaging in the common tendency to bundle issues. Similarly, most people tend to think of gun owners, at least in the sense of the political bloc, as being socially conservative, religious, and universally supportive of reducing the scope of government. Obviously those people have never visited INGO, but the bundling perception is very pervasive. I would say that the same thing is happening with Trump and he is simply staying away from some issues and letting people make their own assumptions regardless of the quality of those assumptions. That said, what he is saying is resonating. My guess is that the devil is in what he is not saying.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    I know the direct talk really resonates with a lot of people. As Thor suggests though, does that direct talk actually represent what's in his head? I don't think so. I think what's in his head is the same thing that has always been in his head, and that is Donald J. Trump, Sr. I doubt his politics have "evolved" ~ 180 degrees from what he's spouting now.

The direct talk is only a problem if you don't agree with it. Whether Trump believes in it or not, to me, is irrelevant. Trump is a "getting issues aired" candidate, and since he's not going to be President, simply getting the issues "out there" is good enough for me. Yes, he's almost certainly a charlatan and publicity-hack. But what he's saying about Immigration and other issues is very upsetting to the Establishment. If somebody is getting a meritorious anti-establishment position rolling around the Twitter-sphere, which resonates with the "common man" (uneducated as he may be), and which would otherwise get no attention from the major party candidates, then that person is doing the Lord's work. It doesn't matter whether that person is a liar, neo-Nazi, or even Bernie Sanders. They are doing good enough for this point in the game.

Quit being so serious about this, everyone. If Trump is doing damage to cherished establishment sacred-cow issues, it's a good thing. Let him roll. Stop pretending we can actually beat Hillary. Your goals must be attainable. The attainable "goal" at this point is _not_ beating Hillary. It's contaminating dangerous issues like Immigration and Carbon Taxation so badly, that she will be unable to touch them or make any progress on them, once in office. Trump is helping us do that with one of these issues. If the politicians get the idea that something like Immigration is a political third rail for the "common" uneducated man, then good. Let's put as many of these things beyond her reach as possible.

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Trump exudes mindlessness. His campaign is basically about nothing and the rank file are embracing him. Way to go republicans.

The Mindlessness of Donald Trump and What It Reveals About the GOP - Hit & Run : Reason.com

Frankly, I'm astonished by the polls. In the latest Trump has ~1 in 4 Republicans who want to see him as the presidential nominee. Surely that many people can't be that bamboozled by Trump. I'd really like to see the detailed demographics of people who favor trump to find out what is their deal.

My astonishment notwithstanding, once again the progressive libertarians spin way more than is there. Is no one honest in the media?

One in four is indeed a lot, and is, as I said, astonishing. But it's not what anyone reasonable person would say represents the rank and file of the Republican Party. After all 75% of Republicans don't want Trump for President. So WTF MRJ? Why do you pay attention to that ****? And for **** sake, you might as well watch Fox, or MSNBC. The only difference is the ideological direction of the spin down the toilet. And you're chasing Reason all the way down the pooper.

invent11

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Feb 11, 2015
    Fishers
    I think Trump is actually paving the way for Jeb Bush which is very smart. If you remember, the Donald and the Bush administration were pretty close and he donated quite a bit to both bush the elder and the son. Look at how far Jeb has climbed in the polls. I think you will see Jeb start taking a strong role just has Trump has. He is slaughtering the liberal media. Every time he interviews with someone like Anderson Cooper his poll number skyrocket. No way his is putting this on for Hillary.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I think Trump is actually paving the way for Jeb Bush which is very smart. If you remember, the Donald and the Bush administration were pretty close and he donated quite a bit to both bush the elder and the son. Look at how far Jeb has climbed in the polls. I think you will see Jeb start taking a strong role just has Trump has. He is slaughtering the liberal media. Every time he interviews with someone like Anderson Cooper his poll number skyrocket. No way his is putting this on for Hillary.
    Why is Jeb about the only one to call out Trump? Given the slew of inflammatory drivel running out of The Donald's mouth it's a slam dunk to call him out, yet...

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Frankly, I'm astonished by the polls. In the latest Trump has ~1 in 4 Republicans who want to see him as the presidential nominee. Surely that many people can't be that bamboozled by Trump. I'd really like to see the detailed demographics of people who favor trump to find out what is their deal.
    My only guess is that those polled haven't actually considered anyone other than Trump, Christie or Bush. There's a whole slew of other runners that haven't got their message out yet because airtime is taken up by this clown.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County

My astonishment notwithstanding, once again the progressive libertarians spin way more than is there. Is no one honest in the media?

One in four is indeed a lot, and is, as I said, astonishing. But it's not what anyone reasonable person would say represents the rank and file of the Republican Party. After all 75% of Republicans don't want Trump for President. So WTF MRJ? Why do you pay attention to that ****? And for **** sake, you might as well watch Fox, or MSNBC. The only difference is the ideological direction of the spin down the toilet. And you're chasing Reason all the way down the pooper.

Said nothing about the rank and file supporting him. Just the rank file. The article is pretty much dead on where Trump is concerned. He spews idiocy and mindlessness and his followers jump on just like the zombies they are. As for watching Faux or MSNBC, not thanks. I'll leave them to you guys. Between them and your bloggers like Breitbart and World Nut Daily you guys are suffering from misinformation overload.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    The answer is yes. I'm completely convinced now.

Brent Budowsky: Is Trump a Clinton plant? | TheHill

clintontrump_0.png

wagyu52

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    South of cob corner
    I don't trust him. If we want a king he is well suited for the job but we want a president. The president should be our employee and work for the people, I don't see the Donald working for anybody but himself.

indyjs

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 4, 2008
    Greenwood
    Finally someone has admitted to supporting Trump.

I think we'd like to study you and learn more about your planet.

All politicians are for sale. Hopefully Trump would be more expensive. I see no way this country improves with another politician blessed by a national party

I would vote Trump. Never another Bush or a Christie

Top Bottom