• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Tinypic and photobucket don't work with iPhone. You would think a link to a picture would satisfy the requirement, but noooo. Too much work to click on a link. I don't have internet on my computer, so I don't use the classifieds on here.

Last edited:

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    On this I don't see the big deal. I posted the photo above using NOTHING other than my Galaxy J7 Perx and the photo button on the command menu above. NO computer involved. It isn't a bad pic and I think would be easily acceptable in the marketplace section. I'm not real good with linking videos but pics are easy.

Doug

Android =/= iPhone. The imgur/tinypic/photobucket apps still only provide a link. I tried every combination. For hours. Apple and this site don't like each other.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    I use Tinypic on my android phone without any problems as far as posting pics.
    I set up an account, download pic from my gallery to my tinypic account
    Once downloaded, tap on pic you just downloaded and it will give you 4 options on the left side of screen. You use the second link down that will says images for forums. Copy the whole link then go make your post and paste it. It shows up as just a link in the ad till you finish posting. Once your ad is posted and live, you will see the pic.
    Cant help with I phone but works fine for me on my android.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Android =/= iPhone. The imgur/tinypic/photobucket apps still only provide a link. I tried every combination. For hours. Apple and this site don't like each other.

Apples and Apple people live in their own little world, all special and whatnot.:bowdown:

But seriously, I can see an issue there. Mea culpa. I have a Samsung, and while it is similar to an IPhone it is not the same. Someone sold my parents a set of I5's. Every time they want to know how to do something it takes me a very long time to try to figure it out. They think because our phones are black and flat they are the same, right?:faint:

It is interesting that several decades into the internet and we still have issues with devices and software talking to each other. Someday, perhaps, things will be easier. But then, what fun would that be?

Regards,

Doug

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville

Apples and Apple people live in their own little world, all special and whatnot.:bowdown:

But seriously, I can see an issue there. Mea culpa. I have a Samsung, and while it is similar to an IPhone it is not the same. Someone sold my parents a set of I5's. Every time they want to know how to do something it takes me a very long time to try to figure it out. They think because our phones are black and flat they are the same, right?:faint:

It is interesting that several decades into the internet and we still have issues with devices and software talking to each other. Someday, perhaps, things will be easier. But then, what fun would that be?

Regards,

Doug

I like the simplicity of the Apple interface, but not a whole lot else. If I had known about these types of things 3 phones ago, I would have gone Android. But now I don't feel like switching interfaces :fogey: But I might because of this sort of thing.

amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana
    Okay, I’ve now read all the subsequent posts to this thread. I even went to IMGUR and set up an account. Took a picture with my iPad. Touched on “Upload.”

Nuth’in ! ! As has been said, it ain’t intuitive ! :xmad:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Okay, I’ve now read all the subsequent posts to this thread. I even went to IMGUR and set up an account. Took a picture with my iPad. Touched on “Upload.”

I wish I could offer up some further advice but I have never attempted to do the pic thing from a mobile/tablet device. People do it all the time. Let me see what I can come up with. I am sorry you are having issues.

diver dan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    DeMotte
    I am a an OLDER member and churchmouse gave me 2 infractions for NO PICTURES.I dont know or understand ALL the terminology used , uploading,downloading , files , etc. Couldnt we just use our phones to send pictures if a person was interested in a item ? I DO know how to do that.I had/have a few items I would like to post/sell but cant.SOME PEOPLE are computer saavy and some arent.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg

I am not sure if this will help, but I hope it will. The problem I had when I first changed to Imgur was not properly linking to the picture. You must open the image to link to the picture (see image on the right). On the left you will see the “share” link and on the right you will find the “link” image. Open the picture and click on the link image. If not you are not linking properly.

wOxw9bj.jpg

Hopefully this short video helps.

[video=youtube_share;ah1rd8zjEnI]https://youtu.be/ah1rd8zjEnI[/video]

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    Personally, I feel that it's the sellers responsibility to post the picture, not the buyers responsibility to ask for one or to go to a third party site to track one down. It's common courtesy to show the item that you are trying to sell. Post good pictures of the item, show any flaws that it may have, use several pictures if necessary. If it's a 1911 I want to see if there's an idiot mark on it, if it's a S&W revolver I want to see if the side plate screws are buggered up. These are a good start, both sides. Show the item like you would if it were in front of you and you were looking it over to buy it yourself. You know what you would look at in that circumstance, why do you think the other buyer would want to see any less?

I can't comment on the mobile or iphone problems since I only do INGO on a desktop. Is there anyone on here that really MUST (because that is their ONLY way to access the web) use a mobile device to post things for sale? I've seen a few ads in the past that said something to the effect of 'not at home right now, will ad pictures when I get back'. Why not just wait until you are home to start the process anyway instead of doing half the job? If you know that the mobile platform doesn't work well for you then do it from a different device.

There are lots of instructions for posting, different hosts and different methods. They've been covered many times. There are also no shortage of threads and people willing to help. There should be no reason to get an infraction for not having a picture. Preview your thread before it goes live, if it fails then copy/paste the info into a note so you don't loose all your work then ask for help, don't post it knowing it is broken and you won't get an infraction.

:twocents:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

Woob, I'm really just guessing here (haven't used the classies); but, if you are selling the object, you have it in your possession. So when you take a pic with your phone, no need to upload it to anywhere except a photo album on INGO. No link, a copy of the actual .jpg (or whatever) file. Again, I'm pretty sure if that album on INGO is declared public you can use that picture within INGO any way you want

I know that I have directly uploaded a photo of a gun from my phone into an public album and used it in a PM. In fact, as far as I know that's the only way to include a photo in a PM. I don't know for certain, but I really think the same process would work in the Classyfieds

diver dan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    DeMotte
    I dont know what paste and post does and dont know uploading either, for people that are into computers , it sounds stupid , but to others, its confusing as hell , everybody isnt a computer geek.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    I dont know what paste and post does and dont know uploading either, for people that are into computers , it sounds stupid , but to others, its confusing as hell , everybody isnt a computer geek.

I find it hard to believe that nowadays "cut and paste" is considered "geeky". I'm as much or even more so anti technology as anyone but in todays world this is a VERY basic operation.

I'm actually impressed that apparently I'm NOT at the bottom of the technology fanboy club all alone!!:rockwoot:

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup

Here's a page that covers how to copy/paste. It's very useful and will help you quite a bit in saving things. It's a good place to start and covers the basic of most systems, windows, mac, android, iphone.
    https://www.wikihow.com/Copy-and-Paste

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Personally, I feel that it's the sellers responsibility to post the picture, not the buyers responsibility to ask for one or to go to a third party site to track one down. It's common courtesy to show the item that you are trying to sell. Post good pictures of the item, show any flaws that it may have, use several pictures if necessary. If it's a 1911 I want to see if there's an idiot mark on it, if it's a S&W revolver I want to see if the side plate screws are buggered up. These are a good start, both sides. Show the item like you would if it were in front of you and you were looking it over to buy it yourself. You know what you would look at in that circumstance, why do you think the other buyer would want to see any less?

I can't comment on the mobile or iphone problems since I only do INGO on a desktop. Is there anyone on here that really MUST (because that is their ONLY way to access the web) use a mobile device to post things for sale? I've seen a few ads in the past that said something to the effect of 'not at home right now, will ad pictures when I get back'. Why not just wait until you are home to start the process anyway instead of doing half the job? If you know that the mobile platform doesn't work well for you then do it from a different device.

There are lots of instructions for posting, different hosts and different methods. They've been covered many times. There are also no shortage of threads and people willing to help. There should be no reason to get an infraction for not having a picture. Preview your thread before it goes live, if it fails then copy/paste the info into a note so you don't loose all your work then ask for help, don't post it knowing it is broken and you won't get an infraction.

:twocents:

I don't use a PC, I only use an Iphone. So that is my only option. As far as going to a third party site to track one down, do you really mean clicking on a link that goes directly to a picture? Is that so difficult we have to hand out infractions when that is the type of photo provided? If it is an actual photo of the actual item, and the link is direct to that photo, I don't see how that is a huge burden. In fact, if you read the classified rules, doing it that way is not a violation. But they'll still give you an infraction and take down your add if you do it that way.

Top Bottom