• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    I don't use a PC, I only use an Iphone. So that is my only option. As far as going to a third party site to track one down, do you really mean clicking on a link that goes directly to a picture? Is that so difficult we have to hand out infractions when that is the type of photo provided? If it is an actual photo of the actual item, and the link is direct to that photo, I don't see how that is a huge burden. In fact, if you read the classified rules, doing it that way is not a violation. But they'll still give you an infraction and take down your add if you do it that way.

Not sure where it's not a violation. Looks like rule #4 covers that. Thread won't let me quote.
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...classifieds-you-must-read-before-posting.html

And yep, I mean clicking a link to an external site. As I stated above I use ad and script blockers and sites I don't use are blocked. I don't want to set exceptions, make rules or whitelist sites that I don't use. I shouldn't have to just to view something for sale here on INGO. I don't want their unknown scripts running or their ad cookies saved. Almost every one of the popular hosting sites require this in order to view the pictures. As a buyer why is it my responsibility to go look for the picture someplace other than where it's listed?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I am a an OLDER member and churchmouse gave me 2 infractions for NO PICTURES.I dont know or understand ALL the terminology used , uploading,downloading , files , etc. Couldnt we just use our phones to send pictures if a person was interested in a item ? I DO know how to do that.I had/have a few items I would like to post/sell but cant.SOME PEOPLE are computer saavy and some arent.

Rules are rules. Period. We have these rules for good reason. We run the site by them. If you post an ad with no pic knowingly you will get an infraction. Do it 2 times and yes you will get 2 infractions. Pretty simple.
    Are you the member that came by the booth to chew me out for this. If so I am about over hearing about this from you. Give it a rest please.

Edit......I have actually given you 3 infractions and you have 2 others by the staff. You have not closed one of your old ads. It is obvious you do not care to even attempt to follow the rules. Keep up the complaining and calling me out for your shortfalls and I will stop it.

I hope this is nuff said on this.

Last edited:

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    I dont know what paste and post does and dont know uploading either, for people that are into computers , it sounds stupid , but to others, its confusing as hell , everybody isnt a computer geek.
    Sounds like a handprinted ad on a local cork board is probably where you need to post things for sale? I’m not too computer savvy, but I’ve managed to upload photos fairly painlessly? I still can’t do a lot of things on this board( Purple, strike through, etc.) but since I wanted to sell something, I figured it out.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Not sure where it's not a violation. Looks like rule #4 covers that. Thread won't let me quote.
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...classifieds-you-must-read-before-posting.html

And yep, I mean clicking a link to an external site. As I stated above I use ad and script blockers and sites I don't use are blocked. I don't want to set exceptions, make rules or whitelist sites that I don't use. I shouldn't have to just to view something for sale here on INGO. I don't want their unknown scripts running or their ad cookies saved. Almost every one of the popular hosting sites require this in order to view the pictures. As a buyer why is it my responsibility to go look for the picture someplace other than where it's listed?

Where is that in rule #4? Read it again. It says the add must include pictures. If the link is direct to a picture, how do you have to go look? You click a link and a picture comes up. That's pretty basic.

It isn't your responsibility to do anything as a buyer. But if you are interested in the item, you're probably willing to open a link. When you buy a gun, do you research it first? Do you go to the manufacturers site, YouTube videos, online articles, etc.? But a link to a picture is work? If you don't like the way the add looks, move on. If that bothers me, then I will accommodate that need. Otherwise, we just won't do business.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    Where is that in rule #4? Read it again. It says the add must include pictures. If the link is direct to a picture, how do you have to go look? You click a link and a picture comes up. That's pretty basic.

It isn't your responsibility to do anything as a buyer. But if you are interested in the item, you're probably willing to open a link. When you buy a gun, do you research it first? Do you go to the manufacturers site, YouTube videos, online articles, etc.? But a link to a picture is work? If you don't like the way the add looks, move on. If that bothers me, then I will accommodate that need. Otherwise, we just won't do business.

Still not seeing the same thing you are in rule #4. It says all classifieds on INGO require a picture of the item being sold/traded. To me that means that the ad must have a picture of the item in it. Doesn't say anything about a link, if the ad doesn't have a picture then it will be removed. I remember there being a thread on this when the rule changed a couple of years ago.

As far as the other part, yep I go to manufacturers web sites, I read specs there and look at pictures there. It's not that it's work to open a link, it's the fact that we shouldn't have to go someplace else to look. The item is for sale here on INGO, it's between INGO members, ALL the information about the item & transaction should be done on INGO.

Be sure to post the pics so we can see.

Yeah, I know it's a long shot. Thought there might be someone that's a little tech savvy that is having the problem. There are several ways to screen record. VLC is a common media player and can do it. Maybe it would help identify an actual glitch or technical problem vs just someone doing it wrong. I know there are screen captures that show doing it the correct way. I think Chez did one a while back? May be wrong though.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Still not seeing the same thing you are in rule #4. It says all classifieds on INGO require a picture of the item being sold/traded. To me that means that the ad must have a picture of the item in it. Doesn't say anything about a link, if the ad doesn't have a picture then it will be removed. I remember there being a thread on this when the rule changed a couple of years ago.

As far as the other part, yep I go to manufacturers web sites, I read specs there and look at pictures there. It's not that it's work to open a link, it's the fact that we shouldn't have to go someplace else to look. The item is for sale here on INGO, it's between INGO members, ALL the information about the item & transaction should be done on INGO.

You think that requirement is implicit in the rule, but it is not explicit.

The rest of that is just silliness, and why I don't bother with the classifieds on this site. Unnecessary implicit requirements because people don't want to open up a link. And it seems from this thread those rules are to satisfy a few loud voices who think links are scary.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

The ad "HAS TO HAVE A PIC IN IT"
    That is the rule. It is very clear. A link is not a pic.
    If I can get a pic up in here anybody should be able to do it. My Google-Fu is seriously weak.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    You think that requirement is implicit in the rule, but it is not explicit.

The rest of that is just silliness, and why I don't bother with the classifieds on this site. Unnecessary implicit requirements because people don't want to open up a link. And it seems from this thread those rules are to satisfy a few loud voices who think links are scary.

I don't do a ton in the classifieds either. I look if I see something I may be interested in, I may sell something if I no longer have a use for it or want it. I do my best to give a detailed and accurate description and post enough pictures so people can see what they are looking at without wasting their time.

As far as the "silliness" we'll just have to disagree on that. I don't think it's silly at all to require a picture of what someone is try to sell included in the ad. INGO is very easy going compared to some other forums on it's rules. A picture of the item isn't out of line at all.

You seem upset with me for some reason. I have no idea why. I don't recall any altercations previously. I'm not trying to be a "loud voice" and links aren't "scary", they are unnecessary. I'm just stating my opinion, like many others on this forum. I'm sure I'm not the only one that thinks this way. I was recently told by someone that I was being somewhat negative. I've tried to change that. I've offered to help, offered suggestions and in the past have linked some of the pictures new members have tried to but didn't quite get right in their ads.

If posting my opinion is out of line and upsetting then we might as well shut the forum down, opinions are what make a forum. If help and sugguestions are not welcome then I'll stop trying to do that as well.

On an unrelated note, this post has revealed a bug. As I tried to quote the above post, the checkmarks for the multiquote a few posts above remained and it tried to quote all 3 of them even though this thread tab has been closed while I left to get food then re-opened.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    The ad "HAS TO HAVE A PIC IN IT"
    That is the rule. It is very clear. A link is not a pic.
    If I can get a pic up in here anybody should be able to do it. My Google-Fu is seriously weak.

Haven't seen a solid solution for doing it from an iPhone or iPad. It is easy from a PC, I've done it. But I don't use a PC anymore. And a link to a solitary picture is de jure a post with a picture in it.

Until this site gets in this decade, or silly rules no longer apply, I'll utilize more user friendly means of commerce. I wouldn't mind buying Site Supporter again.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    I don't do a ton in the classifieds either. I look if I see something I may be interested in, I may sell something if I no longer have a use for it or want it. I do my best to give a detailed and accurate description and post enough pictures so people can see what they are looking at without wasting their time.

As far as the "silliness" we'll just have to disagree on that. I don't think it's silly at all to require a picture of what someone is try to sell included in the ad. INGO is very easy going compared to some other forums on it's rules. A picture of the item isn't out of line at all.

You seem upset with me for some reason. I have no idea why. I don't recall any altercations previously. I'm not trying to be a "loud voice" and links aren't "scary", they are unnecessary. I'm just stating my opinion, like many others on this forum. I'm sure I'm not the only one that thinks this way. I was recently told by someone that I was being somewhat negative. I've tried to change that. I've offered to help, offered suggestions and in the past have linked some of the pictures new members have tried to but didn't quite get right in their ads.

If posting my opinion is out of line and upsetting then we might as well shut the forum down, opinions are what make a forum. If help and sugguestions are not welcome then I'll stop trying to do that as well.

On an unrelated note, this post has revealed a bug. As I tried to quote the above post, the checkmarks for the multiquote a few posts above remained and it tried to quote all 3 of them even though this thread tab has been closed while I left to get food then re-opened.

I'm not upset with you :dunno: Sorry, I didn't mean to sound so argumentative.

I've just never seen things done quite this way, and I'm perplexed that the thinking is so entrenched instead of finding a broader solution that fits more users. "Well it works on PC and Android, so I don't know what your problem is." The problem is that not all devices are created equal.

It's no skin off my back, though. There are other places to do business.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    ...I've just never seen things done quite this way, and I'm perplexed that the thinking is so entrenched instead of finding a broader solution that fits more users. "Well it works on PC and Android, so I don't know what your problem is." The problem is that not all devices are created equal.

It's no skin off my back, though. There are other places to do business.

What have you sold or bought lately on other sites? Care to name/link the sites?

Just so we'll know what we're missing.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    For guns I've used armslist. It's just a matter of copy and paste, even on an Apple device.

For other stuff I use Craigslist. Same thing.

I don't use FB, but others I know do. There's more traffic there than probably anywhere else.

amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana
    Haven't seen a solid solution for doing it from an iPhone or iPad. It is easy from a PC, I've done it. But I don't use a PC anymore. And a link to a solitary picture is de jure a post with a picture in it.

Until this site gets in this decade, or silly rules no longer apply, I'll utilize more user friendly means of commerce. I wouldn't mind buying Site Supporter again.

The first sentence above apparently explains my lack of success posting pics as both my phone and iPad are Apple devices. I don’t own a PC so apparently I may be out of luck. I’ve seen other folks occasionally try to bribe fellow INGOERS with a meet for a cheeseburger. Perhaps that might be my best route. I’m really good at taking notes - and if someone could demonstrate how to post a pic using my device(s) I might even spring for a deluxe with all the trimmings - including bacon ! ! ;)

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    The first sentence above apparently explains my lack of success posting pics as both my phone and iPad are Apple devices. I don’t own a PC so apparently I may be out of luck. I’ve seen other folks occasionally try to bribe fellow INGOERS with a meet for a cheeseburger. Perhaps that might be my best route. I’m really good at taking notes - and if someone could demonstrate how to post a pic using my device(s) I might even spring for a deluxe with all the trimmings - including bacon ! ! ;)

Did you even try the information I posted? I post from an iPhone and have no issue with pictures or video. Feel free to send me a PM and we can even arrange a call to walk you through it. I can’t offer a cheeseburger, but I’ll gladly talk you through this. It’s really not difficult at all. If that doesn’t work for you, I’m not sure what to offer.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Did you even try the information I posted? I post from an iPhone and have no issue with pictures or video. Feel free to send me a PM and we can even arrange a call to walk you through it. I can’t offer a cheeseburger, but I’ll gladly talk you through this. It’s really not difficult at all. If that doesn’t work for you, I’m not sure what to offer.

Yep...I post photos from an IPhone and Ipad all the time. Until recently, almost exclusively. And no, it's not that difficult...a little cumbersome with the additional steps but it's not difficult.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Yep...I post photos from an IPhone and Ipad all the time. Until recently, almost exclusively. And no, it's not that difficult...a little cumbersome with the additional steps but it's not difficult.

I sometimes feel that people want a 1 click deal. Or have someone give it to or do it for them. Not all of course and the OP seems in search of answers. I hope he contacts "Q" and finds the answers.
    Others just do not want to listen. I have spent time/effort with this trying to help and all I get is chewed out. Diver Dan is one of those. Just wants to be mad at me because he will not take a minute and let me/someone explain. There have been others. If I did not have point/click and a Mouse I would be lost. So in that, if I can get pics on the sight I know others can as well.
    There are a lot of folks in here willing to help.

Unless Ingo goes through a major format change this is what we have.

Top Bottom