• ...and so much more!
  • indytechnerd

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Here and There
    imgur > tinypic > photobucket

LNIB should mean exactly what it says... LIKE NEW IN BOX. "Carried for a month and put maybe 500 rounds through it" is not LNIB, in my book. "Bought it, took it to the range once, didn't like the feel so it's up for sale" would probably qualify.

WDqhD8R.jpg

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    So, once again, why the requirement ?
    It's a losing battle; one I tried to fight when the rule was implemented. While the rule has good merit in the problem it is trying to solve, the implementation of such rule completely ignores those that A) are not technically savvy, B) do not have good broad-band internet (can't upload pics and can't view threads laden with pics), C) The picture posting process "simplification" propagated by the mods and many users ignores the fact that not everybody can snap a pic with their smartphone, upload it, and drop it in a thread on INGO without ever taking their eye off the phone. The reality is that we do not all live in Indianapolis where broadband internet is readily accessible for low cost, we do not all have smart-phones, and we do not all have the internet prowess required to know all these tricks. Furthermore, the implementation of the rule "to protect all" because a few were disappointed in the way things turned out, reminds me WAY too much of a "we the people, and WE ARE THE GOVERNMENT" type of situation... it just doesn't sit right with me.

Thusly, I sell my goods elsewhere now. I would like to sell them to fellow INGO members, I would like to be able to meet fellow INGO members, but I do not share the ability of easily posting photos so I go elsewhere. As a matter of fact, I'm currently working a deal with a guy on arfcom that I suspect is an INGO member. Before the pic rule was implemented I almost ALWAYS gave INGO first shot at things at a lower price before I went to "other forums". Now, other forums it is; that member isn't going to get an "INGO discount" simply because the deal is being made on another forum. The items themselves are ridiculously hard to find and I WOULD HAVE been willing to offer them exclusively on INGO first... I would even gladly email pictures as I've already done to some over there...

On this I don't see the big deal. I posted the photo above using NOTHING other than my Galaxy J7 Perx and the photo button on the command menu above. NO computer involved. It isn't a bad pic and I think would be easily acceptable in the marketplace section. I'm not real good with linking videos but pics are easy.

Doug

You did what? My phone must not be like your phone...
    217903-samsung-convoy-sch-u640.jpg

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    It's a losing battle; one I tried to fight when the rule was implemented. While the rule has good merit in the problem it is trying to solve, the implementation of such rule completely ignores those that A) are not technically savvy, B) do not have good broad-band internet (can't upload pics and can't view threads laden with pics), C) The picture posting process "simplification" propagated by the mods and many users ignores the fact that not everybody can snap a pic with their smartphone, upload it, and drop it in a thread on INGO without ever taking their eye off the phone. The reality is that we do not all live in Indianapolis where broadband internet is readily accessible for low cost, we do not all have smart-phones, and we do not all have the internet prowess required to know all these tricks. Furthermore, the implementation of the rule "to protect all" because a few were disappointed in the way things turned out, reminds me WAY too much of a "we the people, and WE ARE THE GOVERNMENT" type of situation... it just doesn't sit right with me.

Thusly, I sell my goods elsewhere now. I would like to sell them to fellow INGO members, I would like to be able to meet fellow INGO members, but I do not share the ability of easily posting photos so I go elsewhere. As a matter of fact, I'm currently working a deal with a guy on arfcom that I suspect is an INGO member. Before the pic rule was implemented I almost ALWAYS gave INGO first shot at things at a lower price before I went to "other forums". Now, other forums it is; that member isn't going to get an "INGO discount" simply because the deal is being made on another forum. The items themselves are ridiculously hard to find and I WOULD HAVE been willing to offer them exclusively on INGO first... I would even gladly email pictures as I've already done to some over there...

Yer another 'un that needs to be drug into the 21st century kickin' an' screamin', ain'tcha?:fogey:

Regards,

:)

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN

Yer another 'un that needs to be drug into the 21st century kickin' an' screamin', ain'tcha?:fogey:

Regards,

:)
    Not to get off topic, but after my old 6 year old dinosaur phone failed (still worked, but ear-speaker quit so I had to use it on speaker-phone) I switched over to on of my dad's old smartphones. I'm currently using that and I hate it. Browser is nice occasionally, but the delicate screen, large size in my pocket, stupid touch-screen (gotta have clean, glove-free hands to use it) all irritate me. I really want to go back to a flip phone.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN

Looks like you don't have too much problem posting pictures.

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Uploading directly from an iPhone/iPad

For those having difficulty uploading directly from an iPhone/IPad:

1) Use the built in camera to take the picture

When making a thread you have options to add a picture:

2) Under “Additional Options” click the “Manage Attachements” button, this will open a new window
    3) In the new window, click “Choose File”
    4) Step 3 will open options to take a photo, choose form library or browse. If for some readon you haven’t taken the picture yet choose “Take a photo”, of you haven taken the photo already choose “Photo Library”
    5)After picking the picture it will take you back to step 3, repeat as needed for echo picture you’d like to upload
    6) Next click the “Upload” button in the lower right hand corner of the window
    7) Click the “Close Window” button at the bottom of the window and you will go back to your post and should see the attached files below the “Manage Attachment” buttons

I’ve attached screenshots and circled the button locations as they appear on my iPhone.

Attaching pictures in this way will eat up the allowed 5MB of pictures you can host though INGO, you will have to clean these out eventually.

The Imgur app and I disagree on working the way I want. I can get it to work without issue on a iMac or a PC, but for the life of me it only posts links on my phone. So for the occasional post that needs pictures on my phone, the above method gets the job done.

Attachments

• 3BDF1886-ED2A-4963-8EF2-038991F2E9F7.jpg
      3BDF1886-ED2A-4963-8EF2-038991F2E9F7.jpg
      58.4 KB · Views: 2
    • A7032385-2FFA-47C4-B51E-0620D279A340.jpg
      A7032385-2FFA-47C4-B51E-0620D279A340.jpg
      56.8 KB · Views: 2
    • 36CE5272-DB20-42D8-A41D-E69D11C3A62A.jpg
      36CE5272-DB20-42D8-A41D-E69D11C3A62A.jpg
      53.6 KB · Views: 3

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    It's not really that tough to post pictures. Most of the regulars who participate in the classifieds and contribute to INGO applauded the improvement to require pictures.

The improvement eliminated some of the problematic sellers who didn't want to put much into posting their free advertisement. If it is too much trouble to post a picture of your item for sale, how accommodating will the seller be in the rest of the details of the sale?

amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana
    For those having difficulty uploading directly from an iPhone/IPad:

1) Use the built in camera to take the picture

When making a thread you have options to add a picture:

2) Under “Additional Options” click the “Manage Attachements” button, this will open a new window
    3) In the new window, click “Choose File”
    4) Step 3 will open options to take a photo, choose form library or browse. If for some readon you haven’t taken the picture yet choose “Take a photo”, of you haven taken the photo already choose “Photo Library”
    5)After picking the picture it will take you back to step 3, repeat as needed for echo picture you’d like to upload
    6) Next click the “Upload” button in the lower right hand corner of the window
    7) Click the “Close Window” button at the bottom of the window and you will go back to your post and should see the attached files below the “Manage Attachment” buttons

I’ve attached screenshots and circled the button locations as they appear on my iPhone.

Attaching pictures in this way will eat up the allowed 5MB of pictures you can host though INGO, you will have to clean these out eventually.

The Imgur app and I disagree on working the way I want. I can get it to work without issue on a iMac or a PC, but for the life of me it only posts links on my phone. So for the occasional post that needs pictures on my phone, the above method gets the job done.

Thank you for this. I have only an iPhone and an IPad. I will give this a try !

Signed: The guy who started this silly thread and instigated all the comments - both good and some no-so-good !

Last edited:

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    How have you come to that conclusion?

As pointed out much earlier in the thread, googling a photo and posting the url to it is vastly different than uploading to a hosting site. Do you not understand the difference?

I understand how to upload a photo to a hosting site and post it to a thread on INGO. Thousands of people have figured this out. I'm sorry it gives you so much difficulty.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    How have you come to that conclusion?

As pointed out much earlier in the thread, googling a photo and posting the url to it is vastly different than uploading to a hosting site. Do you not understand the difference?

Are you seriously berating someone's level of tech savvy after whining about not being able to post photos on INGO?

Maybe you should stick to AM radio swap meet to sell your guns and 8-tracks if modern technology is such a problem for you.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    OK folks. Lets just chill out.

The rules state we use pics.
    We will use pics.
    To those who jumped on me because they could not post up pics I looked back at their history and sure enough there were the pics. Just give it a rest. If I can do it then anybody can. Seriously.
    No more berating/name calling. Period.

Thanks to those that posted the easy to follow tutorials. Good job.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    OK folks. Lets just chill out.

The rules state we use pics.
    We will use pics.
    To those who jumped on me because they could not post up pics I looked back at their history and sure enough there were the pics. Just give it a rest. If I can do it then anybody can. Seriously.
    No more berating/name calling. Period.

Thanks to those that posted the easy to follow tutorials. Good job.
    Sheesh man, “Because We Said”! Much easier. Don’t make someone PM the Texan what pays the bills to make a ruling!

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Something even more basic to promote posting a picture with your ad should be the fact that as a buyer I won't even look at an ad that doesn't have a photo! I peruse Craigslist regularly for various things and the very first filter I put in place is to only show ads that include photos. As said above; the sellers opinion of "like new" and the buyers opinion are based solely on their perception. A picture saves a LOT of time and trouble. I understand that some people will place "Please PM or text for photo" in their ads, I don't want the seller to have my contact information until I've decided for myself that pursuit of the item for sale is in my best interests. I've actually received threatening texts from idiots that proclaimed their widget to be the nicest one on the planet only to receive a photo that does back up this statement but it must have been the planet Vulcan right before it was destroyed by the pissed off Romulan.

Picture=Thousand Words

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    I understand how to upload a photo to a hosting site and post it to a thread on INGO. Thousands of people have figured this out. I'm sorry it gives you so much difficulty.
    Then clearly you know that I didn't take that photo, upload it, and post it. I just found it on google and posted the url, something that DOES come easy for me. Uploading my own photos isn't easy for me. If you really want to make this an issue you should go back and read what I posted from the start. Lest you make a fool of yourself.

FWIW, the last time I uploaded a modest size photo to a hosting site to post on a forum it took 8 hrs for the upload and it erred out 3 times before it successfully uploaded. No need to make feeble attempts at insulting my technical abilities. While that is certainly an issue for some, it's not my particular issue.

Are you seriously berating

Where is the berating? I'm not seeing it.

Maybe you should stick to AM radio swap meet to sell your guns and 8-tracks if modern technology is such a problem for you.
    No need, I just stick to places that are a little more considerate of the fact that not everybody leads a life filled with techno gadgets and warp-speed internets. Simply a difference in outlook; I don't much care for city-life filled with electronics. I like long walks through my large remote property, killing wild things I can eat, and making guns in my shop. And one of the facets of that is not having ready access to high-speed internet. If you had read my posts you would know that I have, in fact, gone elsewhere when I sell things so I don't see your point.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom