• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    That's why most of my shots are in the 100-175 yard range. We typically stop them before we shoot. My hunting partner runs a 2.5 native so he usually takes the close/running shots.

ltromann

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2022
    Santa Claus, IN
    A jet mechanic, who won't spend $20 to become a site supporter just so he can message a guy about a M9A3 in the classifieds, instead regurgitates the same AR info found on almost any gun forum so he can get to 50 posts. :dunno:

Damn, I thought I was a cheapa$$. This guy redefines the word. I better up my game....:)
    Or I'm killing time until I get paid. Gotta be able to afford what I want first. If I get the money for the item before I reach the 50, I'll probably just pay it. If I reach 50 first, cool. Nobody is forcing you to read these posts. You're the one who clicked on it and decided to make a comment.
    Not all jet mechanics make bank. It can take awhile to get to the point where you're making good money.

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield
    Or I'm killing time until I get paid. Gotta be able to afford what I want first. If I get the money for the item before I reach the 50, I'll probably just pay it. If I reach 50 first, cool. Nobody is forcing you to read these posts. You're the one who clicked on it and decided to make a comment.
    Not all jet mechanics make bank. It can take awhile to get to the point where you're making good money.

A jet mechanic, who won't spend $20 to become a site supporter just so he can message a guy about a M9A3 in the classifieds, instead regurgitates the same AR info found on almost any gun forum so he can get to 50 posts. :dunno:

Damn, I thought I was a cheapa$$. This guy redefines the word. I better up my game....:)
    I'm not a fan of your inconsiderate and considerable opinions.
    Seems every thread this guy has posted in has turned into a S***show. Disagrees with others and calls them old FUDDs. No respect and can’t deal with any opinion but his. Makes me miss CM even more as I am sure we would have seen the hammer by now!

Just saying…

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Well, you did crap all over the community parking lot, so it was kinda hard not to take notice of the excrement everywhere.

ltromann

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2022
    Santa Claus, IN
    Seems every thread this guy has posted in has turned into a S***show. Disagrees with others and calls them old FUDDs. No respect and can’t deal with any opinion but his. Makes me miss CM even more as I am sure we would have seen the hammer by now!

Just saying…
    "No respect" it's the internet. Welcome. I don't know you or anyone in this forum, and yall don't know me.
    Lmao I posted 2 kinda controversial posts, this one and the grease one, the rest were just lists and tips to help people out. I started out trying to have actual discussions, but I was faced with baited questions followed by immediate criticisms. I'm all for discussions, but that's not what is wanted here. What people want here is for their opinions to be supported and praised.
    I'll have actual discussions with people all day, but when it starts to get stale, I'll dish out what y'all are giving. Me calling people fudds is no different from then calling me millennial in an effort to talk down to me.
    Like I've said multiple times nobody has to comment on the posts I've made, and some who are commenting are saying they aren't even reading through the posts, they just go straight to criticism from reading the headline.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    As I tried to say. There are a lot of factors to check. The buffer alone shouldn't be how you tune your gun, but it can help and changes how the gun acts. You don't want too light of a buffer or too heavy. Same with the spring power. And what is needed is determined by the other factors I listed

You don't need a buffer for a non-blowback AR15 in semi automatic fire, as long as it has M4 feed ramps. A solid plastic spring guide will allow the gun to run just fine.

In fact, that's how most colt civilian rifles were set up for a long time.

With the plastic spring guide, in automatic fire, you will encounter failures to fire from time to time due to bolt bounce. And bolt bounce is the sole purpose of the buffer.
    Bolt bounce intensity depends on the mass of the barrel, and to some extent, the gas system. So the buffer weight needs matched to those factors.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Do you believe the JP captured spring system is a gimmick (sales or mechanical), a solution without a problem, or a legitimate piece of hardware?
    This is not a baited question like some seem in here, legit want to know opinions. I like the ones I have but shoot both.

It's just another way to skin a potato. Primary benefit is that you can drop your buffer retention plug with it, due to its captured nature, without making it difficult to reassemble.

If the poing sound bothers you, or you want to eliminate the retention plug, it's a great idea.

JP absolutely knows what they're doing.

ltromann

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2022
    Santa Claus, IN
    You don't need a buffer for a non-blowback AR15 in semi automatic fire, as long as it has M4 feed ramps. A solid plastic spring guide will allow the gun to run just fine.

In fact, that's how most colt civilian rifles were set up for a long time.

With the plastic spring guide, in automatic fire, you will encounter failures to fire from time to time due to bolt bounce. And bolt bounce is the sole purpose of the buffer.
    Bolt bounce intensity depends on the mass of the barrel, and to some extent, the gas system. So the buffer weight needs matched to those factors.
    You got me a little confused on what you're saying. for a standard AR-15, you need a buffer for it to work. Unless you're running some sort of bolt where it's specifically designed not to use a buffer/receiver extention.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    You got me a little confused on what you're saying. for a standard AR-15, you need a buffer for it to work. Unless you're running some sort of bolt where it's specifically designed not to use a buffer/receiver extention.

Nope, all the buffer does is prevent bolt bounce when the action closes.

Bolt bounce isn't a problem unless you're pushing pretty high fire rates, such as in full auto.

This'll help.

But yeah, as far as taking up space between the bolt and spring, it's required. But the buffer's internal moving weights are not necessary for semi automatic fire.

ltromann

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2022
    Santa Claus, IN
    Nope, all the buffer does is prevent bolt bounce when the action closes.

Bolt bounce isn't a problem unless you're pushing pretty high fire rates, such as in full auto.

This'll help.

But yeah, as far as taking up space between the bolt and spring, it's required. But the buffer's internal moving weights are not necessary for semi automatic fire.

I'm aware of how the buffer system works. I use the A5 buffer system because I like it and adds a little extra security and reliability. I haven't had to deal with bolt bounce and it hasn't been an issue for me.

55fairlane

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 15, 2016
    New Haven
    I found a couple targets I shot with my junk match rifle and my junk rock river national match .....both have junk iron sights on them......I had no idea my rifles were such junk.
    Please sir, we're having high power practice Thursday, please come by and educate us dummies
    I am ready to take my president's hundred metal and certificate and burn them then smash my rock river.......
    Screenshot_20220609-175746_Samsung_Internet.jpg Screenshot_20220514-083937_Samsung_Internet.jpg received_260403015403681.jpeg

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    No buffer needed for your AR's, Us geezers need buffers in our Colt and Hydra-Matic MG's.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    I found a couple targets I shot with my junk match rifle and my junk rock river national match .....both have junk iron sights on them......I had no idea my rifles were such junk.
    Please sir, we're having high power practice Thursday, please come by and educate us dummies
    I am ready to take my president's hundred metal and certificate and burn them then smash my rock river.......
    View attachment 230987 View attachment 230989 View attachment 230990
    Would have been ok except that #12 flier.
    Probability wrong lubrication was used.

Top Bottom